Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Let's go Jester. Lets go Rovert. x5

Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jester252 wrote: »
    The only thing silly is your posts

handbags-82425024278.jpeg

Posts that you then quote back to me as if you are telling me something? Ok.

Like I said this has gotten silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    When AJ's Styles Clash is botched, there's three ways to aim the blame:
    - Nobody (It was an accident)
    - AJ: There's a way to do the Styles Clash where, even if the opponent tucks their chin in, he won't injure him as his top half is 'swung' up in the air. Perhaps Styles likely isn't strong enough to do so.
    - Opponent forgot how to take a Styles Clash - wrestling is dangerous in general, it's up to him to know how to take moves, even if it's against his natural instinct.

Think about it this way: there's a good reason you never saw Owen Hart do the sitout piledriver again after he injured Steve Austin. There's also a good reason you don't see piledrivers in general done anymore. Another example is D'Lo Brown using the running powerbomb.

If a move goes wrong once and it's ultimately due to a guy taking it badly, it's fair enough to keep using it. If it goes wrong twice in a matter of months for the exact same reason? You've got a problem.

You're right when you say it's no coincidence that it happened twice on the indies, because TNA guys would be well-used to it. However it's just as likely to go wrong if he went to WWE and started using it on guys who hadn't taken it before. Roderick Strong and Lionheart are no rookies. And if it went wrong twice in WWE, he'd be told to stop using it.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable taking it off him or anyone else knowing how easily it could go wrong, and no amount of bull**** male pride could convince me otherwise. If a move can break your neck by doing what you do instinctively to protect yourself (tucking is not a bad habit to get into and, for 99% of moves, it's a bad habit to break). It's too dangerous, simple as.

Wrestling protocol (if it was administered properly) should dictate that guys be respected in refusing to take this move and AJ be considered a liability in the ring if he insists on using it. That should affect his bookings until he drops the move. Unfortunately people see him as a big draw, so he'll get away with it in the wild wild west of the indies.

Last thing: D'Lo stopped using the powerbomb not because he was told to, but because he felt uncomfortable knowing it could go wrong like that just once. I've met him a couple times and he's about as decent a guy you'll meet in the business. Styles' attitude towards this is kinda revealing, why is there no crisis of confidence in the move? Why is there a stubbornness towards other people's safety? Is that someone promoters should want to pay large amounts of money to and wrestlers should want to work with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sure if AJ used it in WWE everyone would think he stole it off Michelle Mcool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I agree if it happened twice in WWE, he'd quit using it. I get it's against natural instinct as I already said, but blaming AJ (being a liability) for his opponent taking a move incorrectly - I say it's the opponent's fault. They know the finish and should demand to go through it beforehand and should be conscious of it - their pride is the problem, going on 'autopilot' and expecting to be ok is irresponsible. Especially Roderick Strong, who was already 'through' the clash and had his head tilted back. I can understand AJ's stubbornness, as he wasn't at fault, but is taking the blame for these incidents. D'lo botched the powerbomb, that's on him. Owen couldn't do the sit-down tombstone correctly, that's his fault. AJ does the Clash the same way he's always done and it's gravy as long as the opponent does what he's supposed to. I only 'blame' AJ for not using the safest possible version of the Styles Clash. That said, I agree that safety is more important than anyone getting to do their move; accidents, despite whoever caused it, is still an accident.

I see your point completely, the root of this particular problem is that the guys taking the move took it the wrong way. However the root of the overall problem is that the move requires the opposite of what is normally considered safe, therefore it's a dangerous move. For me there is no middle ground or compromise when it comes to risking breaking a guy's neck. Any move can get botched at any time; if that's the consequence of a minor hiccup then that move isn't worth it.

And these incidents have shown that it's possible for even experienced guys (again, if it were a case of the guys just being green it's another issue altogether, but it's not). No move absolutely needs to be done, therefore moves that run this risk should be dropped altogether. It's open and shut as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Should Cesaro stop doing the Neutraliser because it can go wrong in the exact same way so? For me, if you do a move and it doesn't go wrong for ten straight years, then it's really not your fault if somebody doesn't know how to take it (especially Strong who's taken the move before) or at least ask to run through it before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Did I miss the fight? Was there hair pulling? Who cried?

Should Cesaro stop doing the Neutraliser because it can go wrong in the exact same way so? For me, if you do a move and it doesn't go wrong for ten straight years, then it's really not your fault if somebody doesn't know how to take it (especially Strong who's taken the move before) or at least ask to run through it before the match.

If two people break their neck the exact same way on the move, then yes he should stop. I mean, I've never taken either move off either guy (and that's the only way anyone can really know...the rest is just guess work), so I couldn't tell you how much work either does in protecting their opponent. But AJ has broken two necks in recent memory with his and Cesaro has broken zero, so the proof is in the pudding really.

My gut is to dislike the Neutraliser, I wouldn't take it off a guy on the indies I'd never worked with for example, but I've also never seen it done by Cesaro and cringed at a close call so he could be able to protect guys better than Styles so they essentially just do a front bump (didn't he do it on Khali before, for example?). Then he could do it differently with more athletic guys that he trusts to take it correctly.

These things are case-by-case. Two guys who trust each other implicitly and have a track record for safety may break out a piledriver as a big spot in a big match. That doesn't mean that either they're wrong or that everyone should do piledrivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

What was Homicide's retarded looking move called? That's was just ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Kop Killa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

the gingo killer or gringo cutter, something with gringo in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

yep, Gringo Killer

Homicide-CopKiller.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Didn't Shane Helms do that move too, called it the vertebreaker or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jaykhunter wrote: »
    yep, Gringo Killer

Homicide-CopKiller.gif

That looks ****ing painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's not even the full thing. He does this weird twist before and the other guy flips into that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

That is just dangerous. No two ways about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

There's been some real sick moves over the years. Dr Death for example. t looked awesome and the crowd went nuts for it but you gotta think its dangerous

Backdrop+Driver.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

David Benoit is set to make his in ring debut, tagging with Chavo at a Hart Legacy Wrestling event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal

Via Twitter:
    Password changed.Hacked by either Father Jack or a far less funny sad non entity oxygen thief.Hope it was Jack

Looks like some lovely person has hacked my account.How charming.Bless them.

Father Jack :pac:

David Benoit (Chris Benoit's son) will make his in ring debut on July 18th in Calgary for Hart Legacy Wrestling tagging with Chavo Guerrero

Grim

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/85313/complete-listing-of-all-wwe-ppv-locations-through-wrestlemania-31.html?p=1

. The current WWE PPV schedule through March 2015:

5/4 Extreme Rules at IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ

6/1 Payback at Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL

6/27 Money in the Bank at TD Garden in Boston, MA

7/20 Battleground at Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, FL

8/17 Summerslam at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA

9/21 Night of Champions at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN.

10/26 Hell in A Cell at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas

11/23 Survivor Series at Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri.

12/14 TLC at Quickens Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.

1/25/15 Royal Rumble at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.

2/22/15 Elimination Chamber at Fedex Forum in Memphis, TN

3/29/15 Wrestlemania 31 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. .

Looking forward to next year's Rumble crowd in Philly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Angron wrote: »
    Didn't Shane Helms do that move too, called it the vertebreaker or something?

hurricane-vertabreaker-o.gif

I remember when he did it, it was on iirc Velocity a number of years, and apparently he got into serious hassle with the powers that be and never used it again. Its scary dangerous, a split second out = a quadriplegic at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im surprised they had it in PA again, so soon after Pittsburgh last year. Might try catch a flight to it. Aer Lingus fly direct to it iirc

NOAH announced KENTA is leaving. His final match at Korakuen Hall on May 17th.

He had a WWE tryout a few months ago so the assume is that he is Florida bound. During the 00s he was though of as Daniel Bryan's Japanese counterpart and that played in there matches:

tumblr_mdvpn23s6q1rtqv83o1_500.jpg

He also invented CM Punk's Go To Sleep.

So we have Mojo Rawley vs Prince Devitt and Corey Graves vs KENTA feuds to look forward to the second half of the year. :p

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/85324/top-japanese-star-to-wwe.html?p=1

PWInsider have a comprehensive report:
    t was announced this morning in Japan that Pro Wrestling NOAH star KENTA (real name Kenta Kobayashi) would be leaving the promotion, with his final appearance being 5/17.

As PWInsider.com broke in January, KENTA spent a week at the WWWE Performance Center, training and working out with developmental talents. Upon his return to Japan, he downplayed the time spent in Orlando, Florida, claiming he wanted to take part in WWE's training and a break in the NOAH schedule allowed him to do so.

In a blog entry, KENTA wrote, "It is indeed true that I have always been yearning for a spot in WWE, and I’ve always wanted to give it a try sometime. After all, you only live once. “I should have given it a try.” “I should have chosen another way.” I’ve had those regrets when I was in my middle and high school, and even after I got in to this business. I just did not want to regret later about something I haven’t tried, so I used my time off to participate in the WWE workout. The executives were at the workout, so perhaps I may have left a mark."

With the announcement that he is leaving NOAH, a promotion has he been with since it formed, the obvious question is whether KENTA is leaving for a WWE deal? Obviously, it's easy to assume such (and it's possible those assumptions are correct) but we don't have 100% confirmation on that.

KENTA debuted for All Japan Pro Wrestling in 2000 but quickly left for Pro Wrestling NOAH when the late Mitsuharu Misawa led an exodus of talent and management from AJPW to form his own company. Over the last 14 years, KENTA rose from an undercard talent to one of the best workers in the world and is credited with the creation of Go To Sleep, a move later popularized in the United States when former WWE champion CM Punk adopted it as his finishing maneuver.

Stateside, he is best known for appearances in Ring of Honor, including incredible bouts with Low Ki and then-ROH champion Bryan (Daniel Bryan) Danielson.

When KENTA returned to Japan following his one-week workout at the Performance Center, he claimed that he wasn't seeking a WWE deal but if one was offered, it would be something he would be interested in pursuing, noting his dream was always to wrestle for WWE.

In due time, we will see if that dream has come true, but the loss of KENTA is a major hole that NOAH will have to try and fill - one that won't be easy.

Also poor auld Yoshi Tatsu (36) spends his days working out at the WWE Performance Centre and learning English at night.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/sports/20140319/pontiac-silverdome-owners-auctioning-seats-toilets-from-former-detroit-lions-home?utm_content=buffer1671a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    Little more than a year after the roof was ripped to shreds, owners of the Pontiac Silverdome are now selling seats and other items from the historic venue.

According to WDIV-TV, Triple Investment Group is auctioning some of the more than 80,000 seats, toilets and food service and maintenance equipment from the former home of the Detroit Lions, who moved to downtown Detroit in 2002

54VD79.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hulkamania will be running wild on that auction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I can see a kayfabe news headline already:
    "Confused hogan buys parts of New Orleans superfine"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement