Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

jamc wrote: »
    Bo is truly one of the worst professional wrestlers I've ever seen. He's ok in the ring but his promo delivery and general charisma are gash. His face is truly one of the most annoying around too. Absolute go away heat.

Haha completely agree. Very annoying head..

I thought Miz was the least tough looking pro wrestler I'd ever seen til this guy arrived. Makes Miz look like Stone Cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Having not watched much NXT, I don't even really understand what Bo's gimmick is meant to be.

He thinks he is a babyface but he is actually a heel is best way to describe his gimmick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

mxph3 wrote: »
    He thinks he is a babyface but he is actually a heel is best way to describe his gimmick.

It does demand an explanation of the backstory. Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) was renamed NXT two years ago or so. Bo was super over pushed in FCW and fans began turning on Bo with "No more Bo" chants quickly after FCW became NXT.

Like mxph3 said he prefers to here booing as cheers as in "Bo"s and not "Boo"s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thought they would have learned from the Emma disaster that introducing people with a gimmick established on another show is a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or to put it another way: He is Cena, the fans react to him as if he's Cena, but he thinks they're reacting to him the same way the WWE thinks the fans react to Cena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

mxph3 wrote: »

Reminds me of Kurt Angle, one of my favourite ever gimmicks. Could be good if he has the talent to pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Anything that requires that much explanation will definitely get over!

It sounds like something that happened organically, an attempt to recreate the same thing again is unlikely to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

You all need to Bolieve

Another sign ROH is gaining on TNA domestically:
    The annual pro wrestling event presented at The Brooklyn Cyclones' MCU Field in NY, which has been promoted by TNA for years, will be presented by Ring of Honor this summer.

ROH will debut at the Stadium on Saturday 8/16.

Was TNA's biggest US house show every year to my memory.

Also no Kevin Steen on the poster:

Bn3uIZxCEAAurAd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

rovert wrote: »
    The Reigns-Orton head clash:
    RightJoyousGoldfinch.gif

Looks like Orton was going for his scoop slam,obviously there was a miscommunication of some sort. ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

rovert wrote: »
    Also no Kevin Steen on the poster:

Bn3uIZxCEAAurAd.jpg

That's really their poster? They need a new graphic designer. For how far ahead RoH are of other indie products, that makes them look like Generic Indie Fed #4539.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Jesus the Briscoes are some scary looking ****ers haha

leggo wrote: »
    That's really their poster? They need a new graphic designer. For how far ahead RoH are of other indie products, that makes them look like Generic Indie Fed #4539.

ROH wouldn't be ROH without terrible graphic design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They were sure to advertise their Playboy Cover Model anyway.

Steen tweeted this before his match tonight:
    21c5tf4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

leggo wrote: »

That Glasgewgian crowd ICW have some nifty posters. It can't be that hard to find a friend of somebody with some graphic design skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That Glasgewgian crowd ICW have some nifty posters. It can't be that hard to find a friend of somebody with some graphic design skills.

It's Photoshop, like, for me you should be able to find someone within your circle that can do that moderately well (or at least a fan who'll do it as a nixer for $50 and free tickets). It's kinda become a 21st century life skill at this stage. I've seen ICW's stuff before and agree it's good, I think it's PCW (or another English indie) that do decent stuff like that too. Those kinda skills are cheap these days and just require a bit of imagination and passion for your product, it's a bit unforgivable IMO.

Anyway, apologies for dragging us off-topic.

For anyone who is interested: Mick Foley is going to make some very important announcement on a very important decision he has made.

For anyone who is interested: Mick Foley is going to make some very important announcement on a very important decision he has made.

He's returning:
    Welcome_to_OReilly_Theatre-960x450-zc.png

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He's writing another book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Was hoping he'd live in a cabin with no communication to the outside world tbh.

Tori Amos has a new album:
    Bn9CXiCIQAA8kQ3.jpg

Him having his own Podcast on PodcastOne is a good guess. His first guests will be Steve Austin, Jim Ross, Chris Jericho, Roddy Piper and Lance Storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

He's going to announce today is "May 19th"
    Getting bad Kane flashbacks with that :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

He's auctioning off his remaining schred of dignity?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He's quitting the world of comedy.

(Please be true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think he's joining up with Double J!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I think he's joining up with Double J!
    Thought that too. Would he be that silly?

• Advertisement

PWInsider seems to think Daniel Bryan will be out for 3-4 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement