Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ha, it's actually practise to carry your WWE title in your carry-on. Ya gotta deal with the security guards taking the piss/pictures out of you for 10-15 minutes every time you travel but at least your title never goes missing. Apparently Bubba Ray used to wear his title everywhere lol.

I wonder if this shítty occurance changed how they wrestled etc on the tour. Like maybe they didn't come out afterwards; did the bare minimum etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

Several WWE wrestling superstars had items stolen out of their luggage after arriving at Cape Town International Airport for their South African tour
    *Waiting for anything belonging to Kelly Kelly to go on Ebay*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Backstage heat for ortons comments in his interview.Have to laugh at the source saying if he was a midcarder he'd of gotten a Mvp/Carlito sized burial.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Backstage_Heat_On_Randy_Orton_-_Details.php
    I assume the three big golden boys are him,Cena & Sin Cara.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

GTR63 wrote: »
    Backstage heat for ortons comments in his interview.Have to laugh at the source saying if he was a midcarder he'd of gotten a Mvp/Carlito sized burial.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Backstage_Heat_On_Randy_Orton_-_Details.php
    I assume the three big golden boys are him,Cena & Sin Cara.

I think there are more than just three golden boys - two of them have been in the company for more than ten years. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Dave Meltzer gave a good analogy of the golden boys being part of 'The Club' - in other words the guys who are tight knit with HHH and Vince. And yeah, Orton is right at the top of that list.

I'm also sure there are a few more than three but not too many more, and I doubt Sin Cara is one of them due to his short length of service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Charisteas wrote: »
    Dave Meltzer gave a good analogy of the golden boys being part of 'The Club' - in other words the guys who are tight knit with HHH and Vince. And yeah, Orton is right at the top of that list.

I'm also sure there are a few more than three but not too many more, and I doubt Sin Cara is one of them due to his short length of service.
    If you believe everything online then Sin Cara is very likely one of them. Apparently Triple H handpicked him and even told him to only come to him if he has any problems or needs any advice.

If anyone else put in the abysmal performances he has, they'd be on Superstars and nothing more. He may not be a fully fledged guy, but he seems to be on the way.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If you believe everything online then Sin Cara is very likely one of them. Apparently Triple H handpicked him and even told him to only come to him if he has any problems or needs any advice.

If anyone else put in the abysmal performances he has, they'd be on Superstars and nothing more. He may not be a fully fledged guy, but he seems to be on the way.

Didn't know HHH can speak Spanish :D

But seriously, yeah it's true he was hand-picked by Trips, but I doubt that Sin Cara would have gotten off as lightly as Randy Orton did if he had given that same interview.

And as he is seen as a future cash-cow aiming towards the kids who may soon need to be looking for a Mysterio replacement, his performances aren't a deal breaker at this stage which is likely why he hasn't been banished to Superstars.

When the journo mentioned the Golden Boys (and when Meltzer mentioned The Club) I think they were referring more to locker-room leaders such as HHH, Orton, Cena, Taker and possibly Christian, Kane and Big Show too, so I highly doubt that Sin Cara is now one of the main three guys in the locker room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Chavo Guerrero taking a shot at Cena on Twitter.
    Chavo Guerrero took John Cena's wrestling ability to task today on Twitter after the master of the Five Knuckle Shuffle declared earlier in the day that people will talk about his match with CM Punk tomorrow at Money in the Bank for years to come. He challenges the WWE Champion to think outside the box and not do the "BS lazy comeback" he does in "every match" because the fans deserve better. The third generation grappler also took a parting shot at The Miz during his near half-hour diatribe.

Guerrero wrote: "Ok, don't "Fin" say that people will talk about this for years if you're going to let Punk do all the work and not deliver at the PPV, Cena. I am tired and I know fans are tired of WWE Superstars talking big and not delivering. We don't want to see someone just in a fight. And frankly no one believes it anymore. If Miz can kick your ass then the clerk at the store can kick your ass, so please deliver if you say that..

"People will remember this PPV. You know Punk will bring "it". I've been in the ring with both of you and Punk has "it". Cena you have mic skills yes but if you think people believe your BS lazy comeback that you do exactly the same every match then you are mistaken. Eddie and I taught you different. We never said "get lazy" and do the damn thing every night. We always said "think out of the box" and give the fans what they deserve and not rely on the "machine" to "get you over".

"I hope this lights a fire under your ass and you deliver this Sunday. Don't just rest on you being over cause you are and that is easy. Challenge yourself and give the fans what they deserve. That's why they boo you. Because they aren't stupid. They know what they pay for and the "great" promo guy but the ****ty "match" guy that you have become is not what they want. I understand "longevity" but at the sacrifice of the fans trust is not worth it. Deliver on your fans and deliver on why you got into this business. Eventually the fans that you have gained with from the purple t-shirts will turn on you. Take a lesson from the Hulkster. Give the fans there $ worth and don't become just another "promo" guy. I know you love this biz and don't get distracted from the McMahon $. Deliver please!! Have enough respect for your fans because without them, you're working at a fast food chain.

"Love you man and I support you and hope you see this because I know Punk will and I know he's going to bring it because he's got nothing to lose!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Shane McMahon at the golf again today. Handshake for Darren Clarke there.

Maybe Punk will bring the title on the PGA Tour :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

jamc wrote: »
    Shane McMahon at the golf again today. Handshake for Darren Clarke there.

Maybe Punk will bring the title on the PGA Tour :)

he seems to have an obsession with the north

If you would have asked me which wrestler was most likely to do something like this it would be Jay Phoenix. Not pleasant I know but I always got that vibe from him.

jimbrown.png

Innocent until proven guilty etc etc I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

who's Jay Phoenix? And can u expound on what gave off this vibe? :)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    who's Jay Phoenix? And can u expound on what gave off this vibe? :)

Probably best reading this thread:
    http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=126722

He was a talented wrestler to be fair who was known to be wrong in the head who ended up doing things that got so him so much heat he changed his ring name to James Wallace. He stole from wrestler bags, he hit on underage girls most notably he made a name on the internet for himself by attacking a grumpy Samoa Joe with a pillow when Joe was playing poker when all the 1PW guys were in a hotel.

I dont use this lightly even though people do but he simply looked and acted like a sex offender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

drayme wrote: »
    If you would have asked me which wrestler was most likely to do something like this it would be Jay Phoenix. Not pleasant I know but I always got that vibe from him.

jimbrown.png

Innocent until proven guilty etc etc I know.

Ive been doing a bit of reading about this lad since yesterday.

Apparently he is a sex pest, groomer, Rangers fan, liar, homo-erotic film star and a thief.

Some story about him fleecing the CHIKARA wrestlers bags while they were performing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going to put spoiler tags on this in case it merges with the TV shows...
    Cena has apprently been facing Del Rio at Raw House Shows with the following stipulation; If Cena wins, he wins the MITB briefcase.If Cena loses, he goes to Smackdown. Apparently the matches have been ending in no contests though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Cena has apprently been facing Del Rio at Raw House Shows with the following stipulation; If Cena wins, he wins the MITB briefcase.If Cena loses, he goes to Smackdown. Apparently the matches have been ending in no contests though...

Oh good Fu*k...
    Because Cena really needs the MITB briefcase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

No WWE title match on the show, probably just using the stipulation to add more heat to the main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

For what its worth regarding the WWE Title match on tonight's Raw,
    At house shows this week it was Rey vs The Miz, with Rey going over.
    Could be a good suggestion of how it will go tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

For what its worth regarding the WWE Title match on tonight's Raw,
    At house shows this week it was Rey vs The Miz, with Rey going over.
    Could be a good suggestion of how it will go tonight.
    Spoilers are fun

• Advertisement

Miz tops PWI 500. Jericho....has a nervous breakdown :pac:

http://twitter.com/#!/IAmJericho

Miz tops PWI 500. Jericho....has a nervous breakdown :pac:

http://twitter.com/#!/IAmJericho

Why do they make the top 500 list half-way through the year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charisteas wrote: »
    Why do they make the top 500 list half-way through the year?

As their year is the same as the financial year :pac: June to June

WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson reportedly had trouble getting into the arena before the SmackDown live event in White Plains, NY this past weekend.

Zeke apparently was denied entry by the arena security because they did not recognize him as one of the WWE Superstars. After pleading his case and still not allowed in, Zeke phoned one of the WWE agents, who came down and let him in.

Source: Lords of Pain

WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson reportedly had trouble getting into the arena before the SmackDown live event in White Plains, NY this past weekend.

Zeke apparently was denied entry by the arena security because they did not recognize him as one of the WWE Superstars. After pleading his case and still not allowed in, Zeke phoned one of the WWE agents, who came down and let him in.

Source: Lords of Pain

Security thought Heath Slater was a wrestler but didnt believe big Zeke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE superstar Mike The Miz Mizanin will guest in an episode of Psych as Mario, a hotheaded, ‘bros before hoes’-type contestant on Missed Connections, a Bachelorette-type reality dating show where he competes for the affections of a woman he crossed paths with in the past but has never actually met.

WWE Diva, Maryse, is featured on TMZ today with a report that she has filed a restraining order against an obsessed fan who she fears will kill her.

TMZ reports that she has filed a permanent restraining order against a 61-year-old man by the name of Lee Silber, who she says has sent her “numerous terrifying letters to my home and left more than 50 voicemails on my personal cell phone all of which are extremely disturbing and delusional.”

The report continues:

In one of the letters Maryse claims she received from Silber, he promises to “not only give you a check for $100,000, but give you a 100 carat diamond ring worth $20,000,000 to prove I am your friend.”

Maryse says Silber’s letters have gotten scarier over the last few weeks … with Silber promising that he will be “coming to LA for me” … and will “take me to heaven with him.”

In the docs, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Maryse states, “I fear for my life.”

Maryse tells TMZ she’s beefed up security at her home recently … calling Silber a “crazy stalker … who needs to either be in a psychiatric hospital or jail!

Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

rovert wrote: »
    Jaysus
    Feck, I've been rumbled. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Feck, I've been rumbled. :mad:

If you have that amount of money feel free to stalk me, I'm easy and have no problem taking a 100 carat diamond ring worth $20,000,000 from a creepy internet stranger. :pac:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement