Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

In fairness, if I the amount of informatiin and knowledge in my brain my head would go boom like Scanners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The major headline of the day:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

"...That was a joke. I'm sorry."

Dave's cryptic response:
    Remember the questions asked.

And wait for the Observer today.

Amazing how this all works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

I guess no one was brave enough to ask him about CM Punk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Officer999 wrote: »
    I guess no one was brave enough to ask him about CM Punk

They've probably forgotten all about him already, like most people.

Is he the guy who won the tag titles with Kofi?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is he the guy who won the tag titles with Kofi?

No that's Evan Bourne he walked out on the WWE a while back as he wasn't happy with what creative had for him.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

orestes wrote: »
    They've probably forgotten all about him already, like most people.

Majority of the live crowds havn't. Poor Steph's promo last week on Raw in London had to be editied due to the strong CM Punk chants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Battleground poster.........that creepy motherf*cker!!

battleground_zps48829b7a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

i remember everyone betting on Natalya to beat Aj after this as their was a chance that AJ would have been stripped of her title for PR reasons
    last year, WWE held its annual Tribute to the Troops show and invited a number of celebrity special guests, Michelle Beadle chief among them. The ESPN Sportsnation host is a well known pro wrestling fan with a huge following who is friends with many folks at WWE, including, at that time, CM Punk.

The two bumped into each other backstage at that show, Beadle made a comment, and then a confrontation took place between Beadle and Punk's girlfriend (and soon to be wife), AJ Lee. There were conflicting reports at the time, but Beadle eventually released a statement on Twitter acknowledging the situation and giving her side of the story.

About a month later, in his final interview before leaving WWE (watch it here), Punk gave his side:

"A bunch of horse****. I don't know what a lie was. I thought me and Beadle were pals. She had this group of women and they walked past me and she said some disrespectful **** and I was just like 'whoa'. My girlfriend pulled her aside in front of this same group of people and was like, and she introduced herself, and she was like 'Don't be disrespectful to my boyfriend' and Beadle just went 'okay', and walked away and that was it. ... She walked by and said 'what's up ****-face' and high-fived one of the girls."
    Now, all these months later, Beadle was a guest on the Ross Report podcast with Jim Ross and she went into great detail on exactly what happened that night, the fallout, and how she feels about it:

"Usually when things like this happen I try to ignore them. I just think, 'okay, crap happens, the world will never know, blah, blah, blah'. But then, you know, I went to Tribute to the Troops and was honored to be asked to be a part of it by WWE and got to do a thing in the ring with John Cena and a couple things there. The back story... the thing about it is is social media is so whacked. All that stuff came out and it was 'oh, you were flirting'. Look: First of all, when I'm flirting people will know I'm flirting. I've also known Phil for a few years at this point and I had, at that time, considered him a friend. We texted on a regular basis, we've had dinner numerous times; it's just one of those things where he's not my friend, whatever. It was what it was. I thought it was a friendship, I guess I was wrong.

"But I show up at Tribute to the Troops, I see him in the hallway, I say 'what up, f-face', which is my very loving way of referring to my friends. Like, I don't call my friends... I just... I'm an idiot. I call them all kinds of names, that's how you know I like you. He was alone in a hallway, he didn't really say anything. I was with P.R. from WWE and my assistant and we walked by. The next thing I know, she's in my face yelling at me and I honestly, I swear to you, thought it was a joke. I thought I was being set up for like a 'ha ha ha'. And I looked up at him and he wouldn't look at me and he kept his back to us and she kept going and I just was blown away. So that was kind of it. I thought, 'all right, no big deal'. WWE was apologetic to me on site and I just said 'it's not your problem, people are who they are' and that was it. I thought it had died but when I got home like that following week it hit all the blogs and all the wrestling peeps had all this information and that's when I finally... I issued like a three part tweet just to say my side of the story because it was getting really old (hearing) that I was trying to take someone's man or whatever high school crap people want to say.

"So, that's all. And, you know, Phil and I stopped being friends that day and I wish him the best of luck and that's it. It's a bummer because I always respected him. I thought he was one of those cool guys that kind of didn't fall into a certain role and kind of did what he wanted but to watch all that happen and to have somebody tattle on me and have their girlfriend get in my face is a little pathetic. But it's okay, I've moved on."
    And there you have it.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/5/28/5757098/michelle-beadle-aj-lee-confrontation-cm-punk-wwe-tribute-to-the-troops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Very childish. The kinda story where nobody comes out looking good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha im actually the same when it comes to talking to my friends ill call my friends similar names like beadle does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Ha im actually the same when it comes to talking to my friends ill call my friends similar names like beadle does

Yeah but would you hi five someone your friends don't know after doing so?

There's one of those theories going around that Alicia Fox's character is a rib on AJ and that incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

It's an unbelievably tedious story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Palo Alto wrote: »
    It's an unbelievably tedious story.

is Punk whipped or is this Beadle woman a little too overly familiar?

Wrestlers are the most insecure people I've ever come across. Far worse than comedians.

Wrestlers are the most insecure people I've ever come across. Far worse than comedians.

One of my favourite things on Twitter is mentioning the most vanity searchy to get a rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

rovert wrote: »
    Dave's cryptic response:
    Remember the questions asked.

And wait for the Observer today.

Amazing how this all works.

Any news on what he meant by this?

Any news on what he meant by this?

Just the overall idea that Triple H didn't really do an actual press conference - answer press questions honestly or offered any new information. Meltzer is more used to Dana White answering 99% of questions and bluntly.

Triple H invoking HIPPA laws (in short doctor-patient confidentiality) is a total BS dodge on Triple H's part in terms of issuing timelines for recovery for injured performers.

What Meltzer wrote about Rey and Christian:
    On the Rey Mysterio front, his contract was to have expired a few weeks ago. He got word that Vince McMahon had renewed it for one year, even though there was no option period of that type in the contract. WWE contracts are allowed to be frozen in the event of injury. The WWE went with the idea that due to his missing so much time during the contract period due to injuries, that Mysterio owed them time and he was renewed through May of 2015 on that basis.
    Christian was scheduled to return as part of the NXT Takeover pre-show panel on 5/29. No word yet on his status as far as being able to wrestle again after suffering two serious concussions over the last year. There are those in the company who want to hire him as a producer/agent when his contract as a wrestler expires. As noted before, the talk within the company is that his active career was expected to be phasing down this year even before the second concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Meanwhile I've escaped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Rovert might know, what's the schedule/plan in taping 4 shows in one night?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Rovert might know, what's the schedule/plan in taping 4 shows in one night?

Tape four shows, air them on Network over the course of four weeks. It's cheaper that way and NXT tapings are a loss maker anyway. There was talk of moving then to two-weekly but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And then the first of the 4 will be on next week? Is that always the way, filming another 4 just when the 4th one of the previous batch airs?

So when Becky debuts, does that mean her time as a Rosebud ends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Tape four shows, air them on Network over the course of four weeks. It's cheaper that way and NXT tapings are a loss maker anyway. There was talk of moving then to two-weekly but.

I meant on the night, is it wrestle, go back clean up get new gear on then wait for your next match?

And by tape 3/4 the crowd must be waning.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I meant on the night, is it wrestle, go back clean up get new gear on then wait for your next match?

And by tape 3/4 the crowd must be waning.

Yep pretty much that. They wouldn't be wrestling their matches back to back afaik. Few weeks ago in Alexa Bliss' debut match she got a cut that looked like it was in her mouth/gum and it drew blood. "The following week's" match ie. later on that evening's taping, the blood in her mouth was mostly gone but a bit was visible.

WWF used to do marathon TV tapings in the 80s/90s like, up to 6hours worth. The crowds would be dead, kids very antsy, parents worn out etc. Look up the results on http://thehistoryofwwe.com to see how many matches they would squeeze into their tapings.

Main event of major PPV possibly in doubt:
    MVP suffered a knee injury last night in Preston, UK for Preston City Wrestling. He was wrestling in a tag match, teaming with PCW champ Joey Hayes, vs Kris Travis & Danny Hope. Towards the end of the match whilst brawling outside the ring with Travis, MVP suffered a knee injury that he later categorised as 'popping his knee'. He immediately limped to the back. He was in town for a PCW Supershow 4 weekend, where they book a lot of international stars across 3 shows on Friday & Saturday. reDRagon, Hurricane Helms, Al Snow, Juventud Guerrera, Chris Masters & Uhaa Nation also featured. Also in town was Jeremy Borash, who guest ring announced the Friday night main event & was at the Meet & Greet this afternoon.

MVP was set to face Kris Travis in a singles match tonight but was on crutches. He cut a promo at the start of the show, explaining that he couldn't wrestle tonight. He said that he heard his knee pop & went to the hospital today for an x-ray. He said it was inconclusive and that he'd need an MRI done. Whether this affects his ppv match with Eric Young in 2 weeks on the TNA ppv is a big question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Major is a bit generous :pac:

Should never have been in a title match to begin with so hopefully it leads to a re-shuffle of the card but they seem to have announced almost nothing to date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement