Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Big Dave will be with the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy cast on Jimmy Kimmel tonight, video will be on YouTube tomorrow I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Big Dave will be with the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy cast on Jimmy Kimmel tonight, video will be on YouTube tomorrow I'm sure.

Going to Jimmy Kimmel in August myself praying he has a good line up for that show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe he'll have Matt Damon on, if he doesn't run out of time :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Speaking of movie stars, Forbes have published their annual "Highest Paid Actors in Hollywood" list. Our resident Rocky makes the list again.

1 Robert Downey Jr ($75m)
    2 Dwayne Johnson ($52m)
    3 Bradley Cooper ($46m)
    4 Leonardo DiCaprio ($39m)
    5 Chris Hemsworth ($37m)
    6 Liam Neeson ($36m)
    7 Ben Affleck ($35m)
    8 Christian Bale ($35m)
    9 Will Smith ($32m)
    10 Mark Wahlberg ($32m)

That's up from 5th last year, when he earned 46m. Guessing that'll go up if the talks of him joining the DC universe is true as well (talks he's signed on to play Shazaam...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Robert Downey at #1 is a bit of a cheat :P

AFAIK, the vast majority of his profits come from his amazing contract he signed with marvel where he gets like 10% of all profits they make when hes in the film. Something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tinie wrote: »
    Robert Downey at #1 is a bit of a cheat :P

AFAIK, the vast majority of his profits come from his amazing contract he signed with marvel where he gets like 10% of all profits they make when hes in the film. Something along those lines.

Yeah, and I would say Thor has similar. If I remember right, RDJ helped with his contract negotiations for a similar deal. Admire how smart Downey was though. Brilliant piece of work....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If I recall correctly Tom Cruise started the 10cents on the dollar thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

What has Christian Bale been in recently? All I can think of is American Hustle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Chris Hemsworth doesn't even exist. Another fake Wrestlezone story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EdK wrote: »
    What has Christian Bale been in recently? All I can think of is American Hustle

Out of the Furnace too (great film btw) but I didn't think either did mega bucks at the box office

I am surprised Will Smith is there considering After Earth bombed big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,840 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jim Ross became a free agent today!
    Jim RossVerified account
    @JRsBBQ

It's a day filled w/ mixed emotions. WWE tenure ends officially @ midnight. Great run. Best 21 years ever. Now..what's next? Lots!! #blessed
    Jim RossVerified account
    @JRsBBQ

I'm not going away. Just no more @WWE. Ross Report podcasts, @FOXSports1, autobiography, appearances, RINGSIDE w/ Jim Ross shows & more!

So will we finally get to hear him tell all or is he a company man till he dies?

The way Vince took the piss out of him a good bit over the past few years, I hope he tears the back off the wwe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The way Vince took the piss out of him a good bit over the past few years, I hope he tears the back off the wwe.

He probably signed a compromise agreement.

Jim Ross is writing a book with Scott Williams - the guy who wrote Bill Watts, Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes's books.

The Rock is doing an AMA (ask me anything) on reddit currently.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2bilut/iama_actor_part_time_demi_god_professional_badass/

Worth a read, even though he doesn't seem to be answering many wrestling related questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In an interview with Digital Spy, Nikki was asked if she wanted to share the screen with her boyfriend on WWE TV as they usually do on Total Divas to which she replied,
    "For right now, I like how it's different. I think that's what makes Total Divas so unique and special – that's where you get to see John and I. You don't see us [together] onMonday Night Raw or Friday Night Smackdown, or Main Event, you see us only onTotal Divas.
    "I really like that because you see us a few times backstage, which is cool, and you see us on the tour bus, but you really get to see us at home. You get to see how we live at home, how we love each other, how normal we are, how we go through thick and thin and through trials and tribulations in a relationship, just like normal people.
    "You can see what an amazing man he is. John truly is such a romantic, he really is, and he's so amazing. I like how you get to see that, but before I have to retire because my body is like, 'No more wrestling', I definitely want to do a storyline with John on WWE TV. 100% I think we would have so much fun.
    "I think of when I'm out there with Brie and we have so much fun! I love it! When you're out there with girls you like and love too. It's fun. It's such an addiction. Definitely before the body retires, I would love to do something with John."
    Currently after the departure of her sister Brie Bella, Nikki has been on the receiving end of Authority’s punishments while Cena winning the titles has also upset Triple H and Stephanie.
    With both of them serving to the purpose of Authority’s unhappiness, who knows WWE might consider an option to team them up against the highest power. At least that is what Nikki wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

The Rock is doing an AMA (ask me anything) on reddit currently.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2bilut/iama_actor_part_time_demi_god_professional_badass/

Worth a read, even though he doesn't seem to be answering many wrestling related questions.

Was probably one of the worst AMA's ever done. He answered 12 questions, I think 4 of them had reference to the pic of him and the "fannie pack" that resurfaced last week. Even Arnie was online for it and he couldn't reply to him!

Edit: he must have went back online cause last I saw of it yest and after he had signed off, there was no reply!

Was probably one of the worst AMA's ever done. He answered 12 questions, I think 4 of them had reference to the pic of him and the "fannie pack" that resurfaced last week. Even Arnie was online for it and he couldn't reply to him!

Edit: he must have went back online cause last I saw of it yest and after he had signed off, there was no reply!
    Yeah it was pretty disappointing. I posted the link just after it started, but he barely answered anything.

The Rock is very, very, very protective of his public image.

His last WWE DVD documentary was very arms length. There's good and bad to that. Movie stars should keep their mystique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    Movie stars should keep their mystique.

Then dont agree to do an AMA.

There's a very forced need to be seen as close to your fans nowadays, whether it's doing AMA's or following 100000+ fans. Can't blame a celebrity for not wanting to be seen to be cold. It's just a bit sad how phoney/marketing intensive it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Generally if the AMA is in any way related to a movie release, it will be short and restricted. They'll only spend maybe half an hour to an hour answering questions and treat it like one of a hundred interviews.

The best ones are celebs that just happen to pop up or have pet projects to talk about, they are more likely to spent a couple of hours answering loads of questions and sometimes even come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

rovert wrote: »
    The Rock is very, very, very protective of his public image.
    Yeah, I still follow him on facebook, but it's very much just with a fascination of how the guy is almost certainly angling himself for some major moves into politics once the action star thing dies down.

that motivational speech stuff he goes into on twitter sometimes sounds like a total nutjob though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The longer he is away from wrestling, the more 'neutered' he seems to be when publicly speaking. I like the guy, you'd have to say the stuff he posts on Facebook is at least inspirational (gym-wise) but less and less he displays the sarky, razor sharp wit that helped make 'The Rock' a fantastic heel.

An interview he did with Jimmy Kimmel in the lead up to either WM28 or 29 before wrestling Cena, he seemed very rattled by Kimmel's line of questioning. Now I love Jimmy Kimmel but he always gives wrestlers a hard time about the 'predetermined' nature of the sport and Rock didn't handle it well at all I thought. That's the point where I realised Hollywood has made him a bit 'soft' maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The longer he is away from wrestling, the more 'neutered' he seems to be when publicly speaking. I like the guy, you'd have to say the stuff he posts on Facebook is at least inspirational (gym-wise) but less and less he displays the sarky, razor sharp wit that helped make 'The Rock' a fantastic heel.

That's PR, and life really, though. When you're trying to make a name for yourself and playing second fiddle to Stone Cold Steve Austin for years feeling like you've got more in you than he does, you can channel the frustration involved to help you achieve that goal and I'd say that's exactly what he did to become so charismatic on-screen.

But if you adopt that cocky, dismissive, sarcastic persona when you're a multi-millionaire and one of the biggest names in Hollywood, a lot of people who would've liked you when you were doing the same shtick as the #2 guy in WWE would now see you as an arrogant arsehole. It's weird but the way our fickle society responds to public figures en masse. So he has to stay humble and be more relatable (which is probably easier since I'd imagine that's his regular, 'real-life' personality anyway) to be 'likeable'...that loathsome but necessary term. The higher your profile, the more people will want to tear you down so you've to give them as little opportunity to do so as possible (even if it means sacrificing what brought you to the dance somewhat), whereas you can go balls-to-the-wall when you're the underdog on the way up.

Daniel Bryan crime fighter:
    http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/wwe-star-daniel-bryan-stops-burglar-in-phoenix
    PHOENIX - A former WWE champion is credited with stopping a burglar in Phoenix.

The incident happened on Monday night in the Arcadia neighborhood of Phoenix.

According to Phoenix police, Bryan Danielson, better known as Daniel Bryan, was pulling into his carport with his wife when he saw the door that leads to his house start to open.

Two men ran out of the house and fled on foot. Danielson was able to catch one of the men, 22-year-old Cesar Sosa.

Sosa and Danielson got into a struggle but Danielson was able to detain him until officials arrived, police said.

The second suspect was not located.

Sosa was booked into Maricopa County Jail and charged with burglary.

Danielson. former WWE World Heavyweight Champion, will talk with the media this afternoon, look for an update on ABC15 news at 4 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I have this image of him holding the guy in the Yes Lock for twenty minutes until the police arrived.

I have this image of him holding the guy in the Yes Lock for twenty minutes until the police arrived.

ttD9BIm.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I just hope that THE DEMON KANE wasn't involved in this.

Twould drag the whole story down.

The start of Bryan's slide towards Bones Jones begins.

• Advertisement

TMZ:
    D.B. gave chase ... the bad guys had a big head start but the champ caught up with one of them and locked him in a rear naked choke for 5 minutes until cops arrived.

Daniel's feat is all the more impressive because the guy he caught is facing kidnapping charges in another case.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ... Daniel's wife Brie retrieved the loot the guys were in the process of stealing, including a bracelet that belonged to the wrestler's recently deceased dad.

The second guy is still on the loose, but there's one less bad guy on the streets, thanks to D.P.

I can see why he gave chase on a messed up neck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement