Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I have this image of him holding the guy in the Yes Lock for twenty minutes until the police arrived.

Ha when i read it thats all i thought .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

They put on a presser for it. Main thing to take from it is that BD might need another surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The close up of the dog :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's definitely worth watching. A press conference for a burglary is strange, A dog was involved in the press conference. The dog was also put over huge by his/her peers. Bit of an emotional moment when Bryan brings up the bracelet but he's back cracking jokes within a minute.

Hope Crimecall take this format seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The close up of the dog :pac:

TY_iML.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Someone needs to put the Josie/Bryan gifs together :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

- WWE officials reportedly recently told Cesaro to quit doing his Cesaro Swing move because of how it was getting over with the fans.

1888613_10203193133924028_4859446742657164235_n.jpg?oh=916e1c663c432f9719f059ec11b50f52&oe=5449D4FD

Baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Moneymaker wrote: »
    1888613_10203193133924028_4859446742657164235_n.jpg?oh=916e1c663c432f9719f059ec11b50f52&oe=5449D4FD

Baffling.
    No it's not, hes a heel! Heels get boo'd! Faces get cheered!! They should have him tease it every match then go "na" and wave his hand at the crowd = instant heat! Then when his face turn finally comes he'll get a huge pop by doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No it's not, hes a heel! Heels get boo'd! Faces get cheered!! They should have him tease it every match then go "na" and wave his hand at the crowd = instant heat! Then when his face turn finally comes he'll get a huge pop by doing it!

Stop making perfect sense this is yhe WWE were talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Cesaro was more popular than 90% of the roster after Wrestlemania. Was stupid to ignore the fan reaction. Same thing happened with Cody Rhodes last year and now look what he has been reduced to. WWE have done nothing to warrant the faith that this is leading to anything other than mid card heel for Cesaro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Eh, Stardust is amazing.

MrMac84 wrote: »

It is actually.

He was one of the most over guys on the roster around WM time, the crowd were behind him, he was putting on great match after great match. All they had to do is go with the reactions and turn him babyface.

Shoehorning him into being a heel, something nobody wants to see. People want to get behind Cesaro and cheer him.

Instead they did the opposite and they've set him back to square one and killed all his heat.

And he was already getting massive pops for the swing. So that makes that point moot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It is actually.

He was one of the most over guys on the roster around WM time, the crowd were behind him, he was putting on great match after great match. All they had to do is go with the reactions and turn him babyface.

Shoehorning him into being a heel, something nobody wants to see. People want to get behind Cesaro and cheer him.

Instead they did the opposite and they've set him back to square one and killed all his heat.

And he was already getting massive pops for the swing. So that makes that point moot.

Or, to play devil's advocate, do you give him the rub of being flanked by Heyman to elevate him then turn him face when you have somewhere definite for him to go? Think The Shield's split: if they'd have done it at Mania when everyone expected, and some wanted, it they probably wouldn't have led to much. Instead they let the audience get into a lull about the whole thing and did it as a surprise which instantly gave all of the characters momentum.

I'm not saying WWE haven't dropped the ball a bit with Cesaro, but I remember JR (I think) making a good point on his podcast a while back: you don't want the likes of Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville on the main WWE roster unless they have something planned for them, or the whole thing falls flat. You also can't just give fans what they want as soon as they demand it or there'll be anarchy and they'll start cheering/booing knowing it'll get a knee-jerk reaction, which doesn't help with coherent storylines.

I think in the near future we're gonna see Cesaro and Lesnar square up on a Raw and Cesaro will drop him for the big swing. THEN is the right time to switch him up, because if the upper card is stacked with more pressing issues to get to he'd have been just as likely to get lost in the shuffle as a face than as a heel, and you only get one shot at that momentum-swinging turn. Let them bide their time with him and see if he still delivers the goods until they can roll their sleeves up and say, "Okay...Cesaro, what have we here?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Cesaro's capable of surviving an absolute ton of setbacks, his physical prowess is just that amazing. He survived the yodelling, for god's sake! The guy could easily be an action movie star imo.

I'd imagine their reasoning had more to do with
    1. The fact heels get cheered so much these days resulting in an aversion towards turning them. It's probably better for the company overall than turning every hot heel face prematurely.
    2. A Cesaro face push happening concurrently with the Reigns one could significantly diminish the level of support which Reigns would be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Considering how far Cesaro's stock has sank since WrestleMania I really don't think it can be argued that not turning him was the right call. Maybe he might not have gotten on well as a face, but he had real momentum and he's plummeted since. He nearly certainly wouldn't have been worse off. His match vs. Cena seems like an age ago. Going from winning the WM battle royal to being eliminated from the Battleground Battle Royal by Heath Slater is about as perfect a reflection of how he's done since as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Cesaro was more popular than 90% of the roster after Wrestlemania. Was stupid to ignore the fan reaction. Same thing happened with Cody Rhodes last year and now look what he has been reduced to. WWE have done nothing to warrant the faith that this is leading to anything other than mid card heel for Cesaro.

If by what he has been reduced to, you mean the most interesting cody has ever been, then you are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Considering how far Cesaro's stock has sank since WrestleMania I really don't think it can be argued that not turning him was the right call. Maybe he might not have gotten on well as a face, but he had real momentum and he's plummeted since. He nearly certainly wouldn't have been worse off. His match vs. Cena seems like an age ago. Going from winning the WM battle royal to being eliminated from the Battleground Battle Royal by Heath Slater is about as perfect a reflection of how he's done since as you can get.

Actually I'd strongly disagree that it couldn't have been worse: if they turn him then don't use him well, they don't have a trump card to press reset on him with. Then he's dead in the water and seen as a main event flop.

I was just saying last week that I liked how WWE quickly reset the Cesaro/Heyman thing, it was like a rare admission of wrongdoing on their part and actually showed their faith in Cesaro to keep him fresh.

Turns are a big deal guys, you don't just do them on a whim, especially if you're doing it with a view to escalating a guy to the main event. That's a one-shot deal and, if it fails, the guy will either be Chris Masters within a year or have a couple of years in limbo before getting another shot. Save it til they're ready to go somewhere big with it. Shrugging and saying, "Meh, why not just turn him now?" is MUCH lazier booking than what they've done. The intent with the Heyman partnership was at least good, the intent with the latter is nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I thought that Cesaro was on the up and up after 'mania. I had assumed he was turning face but the lumped him in with Heyman. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Heyman guy too, but when the focus and heat is all on Heyman and the streak Cesaro didn't benefit.

He could've been a superface after 'Mania. I'd even go so far as to argue he could've been in or around Roman reigns spot. It's sad to see him become a run of the mill mid-carder with the swing taken away.

I mean come on! You've got "King of swing" plastered on his merch and then you stop it? That's just idiotic.

Also on the subject of Vince saying who to cheer and who to boo, I had always got the impression he didn't care how you reacted to a wrestler as long as you reacted (and he got your money :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Don't know why they couldn't keep Cesaro tweener while with heel Heyman. It would have been an interesting, rarely seen dynamic. Then have him get fed up with his the crap and go full on babyface after defying Paul E after he tells him the fans don't deserve to see keep seeing the big Swing etc.

Anyway, the biggest problem isn't whether he turned babyface or stayed a heel.

They just didn't do ANYTHING with him.

After all the build up the BR got, the trophy, Hogan endorsing the winner etc.

You'd think they'd have some sort of push planned.

But no. Of course not.

• Advertisement

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Eh, Stardust is amazing.

Stardust is a mid card comedy act at best. Cody is capable of being a main eventer if given the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Stardust is a mid card comedy act at best. Cody is capable of being a main eventer if given the chance.

To be fair I think its leading a feud between the 2, although it looks like this feud should have happened a long time ago and wont happen this side of Summerslam.

Cody was creepy with his tache, hes gone full creepy weirdo with Stardust though. Hes making Goldust seem normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

This is just not true. He's ok in the ring, ok on the mic, on the small side, and most crucially of all, he's totally typecast in the midcard role. He's never, ever, ever, ever even with the most gigantic push on earth going to mean anything.

Monokne wrote: »
    This is just not true. He's ok in the ring, ok on the mic, on the small side, and most crucially of all, he's totally typecast in the midcard role. He's never, ever, ever, ever even with the most gigantic push on earth going to mean anything.

Go back and watch when he and Goldust won the tag titles. The crowd were begging for him to be pushed into something big. All WWE had to do was be bothered. Cody is a very good wrestler and has shown before he can be very good on the mic. Stardust is ensuring he will never get that chance.

I see no way you can differentiate the response the crowd were giving him from his brother. That feud was very hot - the hottest a tag team feud has been in as long as I can remember - but it was a story well told with decades of Rhodes family tradition to back it up. Goldust is at that spot in his career where he's a minor legend so people have a soft spot for him, and Dusty...well he's Dusty. Cody more than held his own in the role, but I didn't see this groundswell of support for him to be broken away and pushed.

His mic work is nothing special brother. At all. He can speak coherently and downplay his lisp. This does not make him a good promo.

But even if I agreed with you, it's a moot point. He's in that pack with Swagger, Kofi, Miz, Ziggler, Ryder, Slater, Fandango, Sandow etc as middle of the pack guys who've been booked like dirt for years. You can't do anything with any of these that will mean anything. No one is going to subscribe to the network for Cody-Cena or Cody-Lesnar, anymore than they would for Kofi-Orton or Fandango-Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Personally I think they should have had them run with the belts for longer , they were way over and were delivering very high quality matches ,unless you have plans for them or for another Tag Team leave them with the belts.

Personally I think they should have had them run with the belts for longer , they were way over and were delivering very high quality matches ,unless you have plans for them or for another Tag Team leave them with the belts.

100% agree with this.

There was no reason to take the belts off them other than they like to shake things up.

I felt they moved the Shield away from them too quickly as well. Particularly since the Shield floated aimlessly for a while in the immediate aftermath, jobbing 3 v 1 against CM Punk on PPV in December and not really heating up until their face run in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Monokne wrote: »
    100% agree with this.

There was no reason to take the belts off them other than they like to shake things up.

I felt they moved the Shield away from them too quickly as well. Particularly since the Shield floated aimlessly for a while in the immediate aftermath, jobbing 3 v 1 against CM Punk on PPV in December and not really heating up until their face run in February.

I feel the belts were taken off them for them to feud after the Rumble or EC, But with so many potential tag team spilts happening (The Shield, The Real Americans, PTPs) they decided not to run with it. Should have feuded he and Dustin on the road to Wrestlemania

I didn't like the idea of that feud either.

Goldust is the natural babyface and Cody the heel. But Cody as a heel is played out, and once Goldust lost that feud they would probably cut him.

Both are better off in the team. Or at least, were. We'll see on their return. The key is they need guys to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Guardians of the Galaxy getting top reviews all across the shop at the moment. Dave will be pleased no doubt.

Dwayne Jonson who?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement