Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

(Can celeb stories be "News"? Has made a few news sites, but thought the comparison was funny....)

Former member of creative compares working with Keifer Sutherland to working with Vince McMahon.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s9/24/news/a587063/freddie-prinze-jr-hated-working-on-24-sutherland-was-unprofessional.html#~oLm8DVFIbatNky

"Kiefer was the most unprofessional dude in the world," the actor continued. "That's not me talking trash, I'd say it to his face. I think everyone that's worked with him has said that."

"I went and worked for Vince McMahon at the WWE, for Christ's sake," he explained, "but at least he was cool and tall. I didn't have to take my shoes off to do scenes with him, which they made me do [at 24].

Vince McMahon; cooler with tall people than Jack Baurer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Vince McMahon; cooler with tall people than Jack Bauer.

HA HA HA! That's brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lol I thought it was some former disgruntled WWE writer who worked for WWE for years, but instead it's actually Freddie Prince Jnr.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WWE star Sheamus swaps wrestling ring for the Ring of Kerry...and attracts attention of Leinster stars

Irish wrestling star Sheamus looked pleased this evening as he enjoyed his cycle on the Ring of Kerry on a High Nelly.

The Dubliner was making the most of the good weather as he decided to take in the most scenic bike route on the old traditional bicycle, complete with his Leinster rugby jersey.

Sheamus says he will be touring the country - he was on Craggy Island earlier today - on the bike and put the shout out on his Twitter account to see if anyone was interested in joining him.

Needless to say, he has received numerous replies already to the request, with Leinster stars Luke Fitzgerald, Jamie Heaslip and Sean Cronin getting in touch with the WWE star after seeing the Leinster jersey.

- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/wwe-star-sheamus-swaps-wrestling-ring-for-the-ring-of-kerryand-attracts-attention-of-leinster-stars-30468802.html#sthash.kxqDWKmu.dpuf

BtuwUwXCUAAVNT_.jpg:large

Sheamus
    Touring Ireland on a #HighNelly... Gonna do the #ringofkerry today, who's with me?

jamie heaslip
    @WWESheamus @PendredMMA great shout on the jersey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why isn't he working anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why isn't he working anyway?

Possibly holidays, possibly he needs to renew his work Visa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wasnt he sent home sick?

If it was a visa issue surely they wouldnt have left him with the US title unless they plan on just forgetting about it if he is gone for any length of time.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Wasnt he sent home sick?

That was what was reported last week at least.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If it was a visa issue surely they wouldnt have left him with the US title unless they plan on just forgetting about it if he is gone for any length of time.

He has had to do this before. Drew Galloway and Wade Barrett had to travel back to their Countries too. WWE seem to have a reputation of incompetence on this issue and don't do the pre-emptive paperwork so talent can work/stay in America seamlessly.

WWE (and TNA) Visa arrangements are something I would love to know more about. Like when some talent can stay in America after they are released while others seemingly have to "get the boat" immediately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

May the fella be with ya, fella!

BtzBeqKIcAA9O20.jpg

though.....

@WWESheamus
    I cant confirm that i wont not be reprising role of Darth Vader in #StarWars ... I hope that's clear @IrishMirror ;)

Boooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Lord TSC wrote: »
    May the fella be with ya, fella!

BtzBeqKIcAA9O20.jpg

though.....

@WWESheamus
    I cant confirm that i wont not be reprising role of Darth Vader in #StarWars ... I hope that's clear @IrishMirror ;)

Boooooo!

is that tweet really confusing or am i reading it wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

is that tweet really confusing or am i reading it wrong?

It's supposed to be confusing. There's a triple negative in it! :D And the cheeky "I hope that's clear ;) " just rubs it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When was he Darth before? Though it could explain why he's here, with "being sick" as a cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,840 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When was he Darth before? Though it could explain why he's here, with "being sick" as a cover

Not sure when Sheamus was but I rememeber when......

Edit found this on his IMDB page.
    He took the role of Darth Vader on a promotional tour for the Star Wars Episode One movie in association with LucasFilm & Aiken Promotions after being spotted by Peter Aiken who was looking for big guy to fill Darth's boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sheamus is 36???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

New network number - 700,000 subscribers.

They managed to snag 161,000 new subscribers, but lost 128,000 in the same period. No word on how that happened if there's no cancellations. Presumably people cut them off at the source and blocked the payments.

This is spectactularly bad news for them. In order to be as profitable as they were in 2010 before the talk of the network began, they would have to be at 1.9 million subscribers. Considering all the gimmicks they have used (free weeks, shopzone deal, etc) and the fact they've had Wrestlemania, it looks like they won't grow far past 700,000 domestic. And the 'domestic' number could be up to 20% international! So they are then looking for about 1.2 million buys from the rest of the world, just to end up back where they started.

They're now offering a one off subscription for $20. People will no doubt use that for Summerslam, Rumble, Mania etc.

International launches on August 12. This does not include us in the UK & Ireland which will be October.

However, the good news is they cut costs enough that losses came in at $14.5 million, under the 15 - 18 m they had projected, so the stock is actually up.

Young Bucks on there way to WWE by the looks of it.

Edit. Bullet Club reunion on the cards maybe.
    The Young Bucks @NickJacksonYB

It's pretty ironic we've lost the PWG, ROH, and IWGP Tag championships in a matter of a month.....
    The Young Bucks @NickJacksonYB

Pretty ironic that these coke bottles were sitting near tag team championship belts.

BtwnHWBCEAEAvV0.jpg:large

They like to troll and I haven't heard anything personally but if I was in their positions I would feel the need to properly provide for my young family and would likely feel I have reached their peak as an indy act. In a shoot interview last year they were gagging for a stable gig. At the time going back to TNA was their dream. After than shoot interview New Japan came along or more less transformed their career and finances. But WWE can offer way, way more if the wind blows your direction.

If Regal liked the PWG show(s) he attended in general (which he did) he would have to have liked The Young Bucks. They are PWG.

I don't see them doing any of their post-ironic act in WWE or kicking six million superkicks per match.

I wonder if the heat between them and RVD & Booker T from there time in TNA will have an effect as well.

Do Booker & RVD hold any pull with HHH or Vince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I wonder if the heat between them and RVD & Booker T from there time in TNA will have an effect as well.

Do Booker & RVD hold any pull with HHH or Vince.

For booker too employed this long I'd be inclined too say

YES YES YES YES!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Never going to happen. You can't get much further from a WWE guy than those two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Classy from Scott Hall if true.

More heat on Scott Hall, this time for refusing to sign a birthday card for a six year old who has cancer. Most of the big names at the Phoenix autograph convention, such as Bret Hart, Maria Kanellis, Adam Copeland (Edge) and Sean Waltman, signed the card for Boston native Danny Nickerson. Hall refused, which was seen as being in particularly bad taste since he has crowdfunded money for some of his past surgeries.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/8/1/5958091/rumor-roundup-august-1-2014-wrestlemania-payouts-heat-on-ric-flair-scott-hall-nxt-takeover-two?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/497975-scott-hall-refuses-to-sign-fan-card

The Young Bucks @MattJackson13

Was it all an #angle?

BuFame7CIAAz2Gy.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Classy from Scott Hall if true.

More heat on Scott Hall, this time for refusing to sign a birthday card for a six year old who has cancer. Most of the big names at the Phoenix autograph convention, such as Bret Hart, Maria Kanellis, Adam Copeland (Edge) and Sean Waltman, signed the card for Boston native Danny Nickerson. Hall refused, which was seen as being in particularly bad taste since he has crowdfunded money for some of his past surgeries.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/8/...t-takeover-two?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/4979...-sign-fan-card

Goldberg seems a great guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXcZ7ncgKsk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can you fix those links mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can you fix those links mate?
    Its a quote from Strongbow ten, I just messed it up somehow, everything works fine is his post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91535790&postcount=8002

The biggest feud in Wrestling. Be A Star's Randy Orton's girlfriend and a jealous fan:
    http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/04/randy-orton-fan-latino-ms-piggy-bashed-twitter-wwe/

Ariel Helwini interviews Paul Heyman at 1hr1min mark on The MMA Hour:
    http://www.mmafighting.com/mma-hour#ooid=V5andmbzoWk2OrITmY1FigRXQHXyhop0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Word going around wwe magazine in no more. What I have read is it is part of wwe cost cutting measures

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056354442

Covered in the latter pages of this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement