Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Thanks for posting that Rovert, I had read Dana Warrior's comments earlier and was confused and couldn't find the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The lads over at NewLegacyInc were holding a 24 hour livestream to raise money for cancer charities. Started at around 8pm last night with Raw 2 until Twitch shut the account down. They moved over to Hitbox, and went on to do their version of Summerslam.

After they started to play EWR, a wrestling management game, multiple wrestlers started retweeting the details. Triple H, Jericho and even Russo who they had done impressions of and taken the piss out of for ages.

Russo loves the idea, asks for the skype call details and within a few minutes Russo is on the call with them helping them book an EWR card. At first everyone thought it was just one of them doing a good impression of him. He wanted Orton and El Torito to form a new tag team and he would put the belts on them. One wrestler's contract cost $50,000 and Russo replied "50,000!? That was more than TNA was paying me to consult". First person he signed was Bray Wyatt.

Around the 4:16:00 mark in this video http://www.hitbox.tv/video/219341

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Alberto Del Rio debuted for Mexico's #1 promotion AAA last night under the new name El Patron. He said to the audience he had just left a racist Company but then the heels interrupted him.

BvSd3LiCUAA6-Nk.jpgBvScnFWCMAAPk_Y.jpg

BvSMxJTIYAAdxsK.jpg:large

Del Rio's real Dad:
    BvSMxNUIIAArR2e.jpg:large

They also aired a cheeky post AAA Pay Per View to the live crowd of Rey Mysterio just saying hello basically:
    BvS1hqHCUAEncrg.png

AAA can't out spend or market or Wrestle like WWE but they can play on being an ingenious Mexican Company and anti-American sentiment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I wonder did they get a good deal on TNA's old six sided ring.

Digitalism wrote: »
    I wonder did they get a good deal on TNA's old six sided ring.

AAA had that ring ages before TNA actually. By years and years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    AAA had that ring ages before TNA actually. By years and years.

It's funny actually, when AAA debut in the US (assuming they use the six sided ring) it will look like they ripped off TNA when it was the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Alberto Del Rio gave a lengthy interview in Mexico to Televisa's Primero Noticias in which he discussed his firing from WWE, the alleged racial comments that were made that led to his slapping a Social Media Manager, what his future holds, and so much more.

Let's hit the bullet points on what he said:
    • He couldn't go into great detail for legal reasons but he confirmed that he did slap a Social Media Manager at WWE after he was the victim of racism.
    • Del Rio claims this wasn't the first time he was the victim of racism from this very same person he slapped. Last time, the man tried to play it off as a joke and when he went to shake hands, Del Rio slapped his hand away. This time, he demanded an apology but he claims the man stood up, got in his face, and smirked. It's at that point Del Rio slapped him.
    • He admits to handling the situation poorly and he was wrong for how he conducted himself after the racist comments were made. Jack Swagger, a referee, and members of the WWE crew were all apparently right there for the incident.
    • He talked to Vince McMahon after everything happened and Vince told him he understood why he reacted the way he did. He felt like after his talk with Vince everything was fine and the situation would blow over. He was suspended. Triple H was the one to call him later and say that it was a big blow to WWE after investing so much money and time into him but they had to let him go. He isn't sure what changed between the suspension and the decision to fire him.
    • He hasn't planned on legal action against WWE but once they implemented a one-year no compete clause in the United States that changed everything.
    • He confirmed most major promotions,from AAA to some in the States to Japan, called him after he was released. He has yet to talk to WWE since leaving the company.

Just last night, Del Rio appeared at TripleMania for AAA and cut a promo referencing this incident. Watch it here.

Update: I asked WWE for a statement on this matter and received the following:

"This was an unfortunate misunderstanding that led to an unfortunate incident. WWE does not condone any type of discrimination and is adamant about maintaining a respectful and safe work environment.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/8/18/6031867/alberto-del-rio-wwe-firing-racist-comments-social-media-manager-future

Boards tends not to give a fiddlers about Superstars but this week's spoilers are an outrage!
    WWE Superstars:

* Hornswoggle & El Torito w/ Los Matadores b. Titus O’Neil & Heath Slater. Hornswoggle was wearing a cow costume.

* Emma b. Alicia Fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

That's shocking! Alicia Fox was really good in that brief patch they gave her any kind of focus at all, like. :(

• Advertisement

CHIKARA FINALLY has announced the first team for their King of Trios event (six man, three night tournament):

Kenny!
    Mikey!
    Johnny!

BvfmraTIMAIBs5d.jpg

Jonny Jeter is the biggest turn up for the books.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wait so the 1 man band beat the IC champ and Mr Money in the bank on back to back Raws then the following week gets himself a tag partner so as to loose against two little people, 1 dressed as a bull, the other as a cow!

the most shocking thing for me though is how this really does not surprise me in the least

Tom Phillips is Smackdown's #1 Announcer now:

29UyrDv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

rovert wrote: »
    Tom Phillips is Smackdown's #1 Announcer now:

if only JBL was replaced with Renee, then I'd be happy.

Garseys wrote: »

Looks like Vince informed him of being replaced by Renee via his headset when the above picture was taken. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Backstage news on Reigns entering the title picture
    Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Regarding Roman Reigns possibly challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Title after Night of Champions, Reigns will likely be kept out of the title picture until he wins it at WrestleMania 31.
    Reigns is still the "chosen one" but the idea behind his push right now is for him to rise to the top and having him lose to Lesnar at this point would be counterproductive.

If Reigns won the title now instead of at WrestleMania, they would miss out on the big WrestleMania moment and it would not maximize the impact of his title win.

In all honesty, this is just typical speculation for Wrestlmania. But nothing is ever concrete for Wrestlmania, especially at this time of the year. Now i'm sure WWE wants to push Roman Reigns to the main event scene, but things could change between now and Wrestlmania.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if we have a repeat of last year where Daniel Bryan ends up in the main event scene of Wrestlmania and defeats Brock Lesnar for the title. That is of course if he returned to in ring action before Wrestlmania. Think about it, Bryan was basically injured and his title reign came to an abrupt end. He was supposed to face Lesnar at Summerslam but didn't because of his injury. Bryan is still really over with the fans, and if he returned before Wrestlmania you can be sure he would return to a huge reaction and everybody would get back on the Daniel Bryan train. As well as that, Reigns is still unproven and it would be a huge risk putting Reigns and Lesnar in the Main Event scene of Wrestlmania where everything is on the line, but could be messed up so easily. Think about The Miz Vs John Cena at Wrestlmania 27 and how much of a train wreck that was. Reigns and Lesnar could end up the same way. I mean Lesnar is not so great in the ring unless he has a strong opponent to work with, and as I said Reigns is unproven and from what I've seen so far, he's has a long way to go. So yeah I am still going to wait until we get closer to Wrestlmania before I start believing any rumors or articles about potential matches for Wrestlmania 31.

Dean Ambrose reportedly not seen as main event material
    According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, many top WWE executives are not buying Ambrose as a main event player just yet. While they have acknowledged that he seems to be gaining a solid organic fan base, they do not believe that he has proved that he deserves to be one of the top guys in the company as of Aug. 20, 2014.

My reaction to this is
    khFJ3N.gif

I can't find the reputable site that reported it but a bunch of newzsites have reported WWE was thinking about putting Seth Rollins and NIKKI BELLA together as Seth apparently lacks sizzle.

IMAGINE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They said the same stuff about DB last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

All Ambrose needs to do is watch a UFC Countdown show, rob a catchphrase off some unknown fighter, change it up a bit, suffer a devastatingly quick defeat, wait for Roman Reigns to walk out on WWE before the Rumble and he could easily main event Mania IMO.

All Ambrose needs to do is watch a UFC Countdown show, rob a catchphrase off some unknown fighter, change it up a bit, suffer a devastatingly quick defeat, wait for Roman Reigns to walk out on WWE before the Rumble and he could easily main event Mania IMO.

Stop grooming too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He already has awful hair so that's covered.

He already has awful hair so that's covered.

Wonder if Renee combs it forward for him.

DB hasn't had that second surgery yet, has he? I could see them offering him extended time off through Mania to just keep him out of Reigns's way. Wouldn't be the stupidest move in the world if they want Reigns to have a clear run at the title without the crowd turning on him.

I'm expecting the Ambrose support to gradually get to a point where the crowd turns on Reigns in support of him though.

Meltzer spoke extremely positively of some interview Reigns gave over the weekend, does anyone have a link to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Garseys wrote: »

It doesn't have to be Renee, anyone with a voice would do, he's just become unbearable in the last few months, just go away JBL please. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Only way Reigns could be kept fresh would be to align him with Heyman at 'Mania with the big turn, assuming Brock is not going to be around after. Completely destroy him, it'd be fairly shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Only way Reigns could be kept fresh would be to align him with Heyman at 'Mania with the big turn, assuming Brock is not going to be around after. Completely destroy him, it'd be fairly shocking.

Heel turn whilst beating the biggest heel going would take some doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Yes. Yes it would. Then, BAH GAWD, BOBBY LASHLEY IS IN THE IMPACT ZONE.

http://youtu.be/FDbWm4RPp10

bradlente wrote: »
    Heel turn whilst beating the biggest heel going would take some doing.
    Ach, it wouldn't be that hard for the crowd to turn on the most heavily signposted push in the history of wrestling. The issue is WWE have no clue how to have a heel as top guy (even though that's kind of what's happened with Lesnar right now)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

With the introduction of the new WWE World Heavyweight Championship on Raw, the future of the "Big Gold Belt" is up in the air.

I came across this on WWE.com this evening, they couldn't possibly be thinking about introducing a second world championship again, could they?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Loughc wrote: »
    I came across this on WWE.com this evening, they couldn't possibly be thinking about introducing a second world championship again, could they?

The Network Championship

Defended Exclusively on Main Event and Superstars :pac:

HeathSlater-20.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement