Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Rob Van Job departs.
    Rob Van Dam official finished up his latest cycle of dates with World Wrestling Entertainment last night in Ontario, CA, facing Seth Rollins in a bout that will air this Friday on Smackdown.

Van Dam's deal with the company is that he works in 90 day intervals and then takes a hiatus before returning for his next run. He actually did a little over the 90 day window this time around.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/87861/rob-van-damwwe-update.html?p=1

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I wonder if WWE feel they have got a good deal with Van Dam? When they promoted his return the first time round for MITB, it felt like a big deal and I was keen to see him. The next night on Raw he had that great match with Jericho. Other than that it's been nothing but filler. If they want to keep somebody like RVD around, why not book him in something, anything, other than random matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I do love how when RVD first came back people were like 'he means much more than he did in TNA'. That didn't last long, did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I do love how when RVD first came back people were like 'he means much more than he did in TNA'. That didn't last long, did it?

Well he did. It just wasn't saying much.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

its still lasting though, he means much more than he did in TNA DESPITE the fact that he isn't booked in any angles and often loses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm guessing his constant losses are justified on the fact they'll be forgotten when they wheel him back out for another run/nostalgia-pop 6 months down. Wonder if he resurfaces pre-'Mania this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There was literally nothing in this run memorable whatsoever. He never gets the pin off the rolling thunder, he never gets the pin off the leg wrap. He looks the same as he did in 1996 and that's not in a complimentary way. I loved when he finally got the big one in 2006 but he's literally changed nothing. He's non descript even. What's his motivation character wise? Heel run could have been at least different. I couldn't care less if I never saw him again. That's just as much a shot at the writers btw.

Ps, I thought he was cool as f*ck when he did the cross brand thing in 1997 and was over as hell as a tweener invader in 2001. Feel the ball was dropped with him as much as I'm indifferent to him these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

ShagNastii wrote: »

I normally take Hogan with a grain of salt, but if true I wonder did Hogan intentionally sabotage the main event of Starcade 97 because he was afraid WWF would lose the Monday Night War. They built that storyline up for a whole year, and Starcade was supposed to be the payoff everybody wanted. Instead they came up with the crappy finish, and it ruined what could have been a beautiful moment for WCW.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is there any word on Daniel Bryan? I know he was considering shoulder surgery and needed more invasive neck surgery but haven't heard anything since that.
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/8/26/6072031/updates-on-daniel-bryan-bad-news-barrett-wwe-return-dates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sam Roberts had the two year old kid who guessed the entrance music on. That kid is amazing.

First one in case you missed it:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

BMMachine wrote: »
    its still lasting though, he means much more than he did in TNA DESPITE the fact that he isn't booked in any angles and often loses.

He doesn't mean s**t now, and he appears to be moving in slow motion as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Omackeral wrote: »
    There was literally nothing in this run memorable whatsoever. He never gets the pin off the rolling thunder, he never gets the pin off the leg wrap. He looks the same as he did in 1996 and that's not in a complimentary way. I loved when he finally got the big one in 2006 but he's literally changed nothing. He's non descript even. What's his motivation character wise? Heel run could have been at least different. I couldn't care less if I never saw him again. That's just as much a shot at the writers btw.

Ps, I thought he was cool as f*ck when he did the cross brand thing in 1997 and was over as hell as a tweener invader in 2001. Feel the ball was dropped with him as much as I'm indifferent to him these days.

RVD for me is in the same camp as Rey, I just don't care. Same shtick for years, character never changes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

New Japan is launching a European website tomorrow that will distribute merch:
    https://twitter.com/NJPWEurope/with_replies

Impress the girls with a red lion shirt.

Just uploaded to the WWE YouTube.

The hell is this....

The Big Guy reveals himself that he is indeed injured.

"Especially for the mothers"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

That cheap pop thing was actually pretty funny!

Cuts the best promo of the year while under heavy sedation.

Scrap scripted promos and just dope Wrestlers up. Essentially just go back to the 80s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ryback rules ! Deserves a second push when he returns

ricero wrote: »
    Ryback rules ! Deserves a second push when he returns

Knowing him this is a work and he will be on Raw Monday. :p

rovert wrote: »
    Knowing him this is a work and he will be on Raw Monday. :p

Was fulling expecting the doctor to come in and start playing his theme after he passed out and he would slowly regain his strength and get up off the table and the doctor would be Axel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

rovert wrote: »
    Cuts the best promo of the year while under heavy sedation.

Scrap scripted promos and just dope Wrestlers up. Essentially just go back to the 80s.

I'm pretty sure things were far worse in the 90's.

Awful stuff
    WWE Hall of Famer Jake "the Snake" Roberts is currently unconscious in a hospital in Las Vegas, according to Raj Giri of WrestlingINC. Roberts flew to Vegas yesterday for an event but passed out on the plane. He has been unconscious since.

An ambulance took Roberts from the plane to a nearby hospital. Giri adds that Jake reportedly has double pneumonia. Doctors have said that his lungs are filled with fluid and there is a mass on his brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That is terrible news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ God damn, I was very young to remember much of Jake Roberts but from reviewing old videos of the guy he would have definitely been one of my favorites back in his prime. Keeping in mind, the guy's character spoke to you on a whole different level. I don't think there was ever a character more darker then Jake Roberts, not even Undertaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Jesus. Hopes and Prayers with Jake and his family :(

Still waiting on the Wrestling Observers, PWInsiders to confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Feck :(

Hope he pulls through but that certainly doesn't sound good at all

Jake seems stable

BwKBBXBIQAArxvy.jpg

Sinn Bodhi was Kizarny in WWE for ten seconds and Jakes minder

• Advertisement

Terrible news about Jake. Really hope he pulls through.

The angle he did with his snake biting Randy Savage in 1991 was one of my earliest wrestling memories. Found his story in Beyond the Mat and later his DVD documentary quite touching and I turned into a kid again when I saw him at an IWW show in 2002.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement