Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Reebrock wrote: »
    Orton vs Lesnar would turn Lesnar into a babyface by default.

He wasn't already the face against Cena?

When Cena got him in the STF out of nowhere I was near out of my seat willing Lesnar out of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Deadlie wrote: »
    I've read elsewhere that it's Show AND Mark Henry that are being lined up for Lesnar. Which if true would be mental.

Makes more sense to me as both have a past with lesnar, both have been teaming up and kayfabe wise both in a triple threat could take lesnar esp if they team up to get their revenge.

In reality lesnar will just continue his reign of destruction first the streak, then the 15 time champ and now the worlds strongest man and biggest athlete at the same time

Where they go from that (outside of reigns/bryan down the road) ive no idea though unless they stack the deck with special refs etc but they would need the authority to turn against Brock and hetman as champ for that most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'd like to see Taker as a surprise Rumble entrant, maybe as no. 31, then beating Bork at Mania and retiring as champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I'd rather have Bootista beat Brock at 'Mania than Taker!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ugh Lesnar vs Big Show will just remind me of Survivor Series last year with Big Show vs Borton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Reebrock wrote: »
    Orton vs Lesnar would turn Lesnar into a babyface by default.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lesnar would get nothing from trouncing Orton, since Orton is way below Cena and Taker on many levels.

So is Big Show, but at least there is a spectacle in Lesnar demolishing Show which makes Lesnar look more unbeatable.

I only said Orton because we could probably get a good match out of the two of them, and he's a better option. But I'd even take Sheamus facing Lesnar over Big Show. Just not Big Show because I can't stand him being in the main event again,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But Brock can't beat the Big Show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But Brock can't beat the Big Show.

How could he even lift him for the F5 king?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you want to put Brock against someone of a big size, why not Big E ? Have Brock come out after NOC, Heyman talks about how no-one will stand up to Brock, Big E clears Brock from the ring, match set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Big E's stock has gone wwwwwaaaaaaayyyy down since being Ziggler's heavy.

• Advertisement

Jack Swaggers stock was way down. He was well over at the start of the Rusev feud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Deadlie wrote: »
    I've read elsewhere that it's Show AND Mark Henry that are being lined up for Lesnar. Which if true would be mental.

I'd actually like that, it's an interesting dynamic and makes their whole 'plan' deal a bit more intriguing and unpredictable. And, you know what, if they built it right I could even the smarter fans getting into that programme. It means Henry has to beat Rusev at NOC though.

Rusev/Lesnar would also be an intriguing one if they had his winning streak still intact. I like how Lesnar can be booked as both a face and a heel now with the same character.

leggo wrote: »
    I'd actually like that, it's an interesting dynamic and makes their whole 'plan' deal a bit more intriguing and unpredictable. And, you know what, if they built it right I could even the smarter fans getting into that programme. It means Henry has to beat Rusev at NOC though.

Rusev/Lesnar would also be an intriguing one if they had his winning streak still intact. I like how Lesnar can be booked as both a face and a heel now with the same character.

Would Rusev Lesnar not run into the same problems at Ryback Punk 2 years ago. An unbeaten streak that shouldn't go yet against a title run that shouldn't go yet

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

If you want to put Brock against someone of a big size, why not Big E ? Have Brock come out after NOC, Heyman talks about how no-one will stand up to Brock, Big E clears Brock from the ring, match set

The notion that Big E could credibly clear me from the ring is fanciful, let alone Brock Lesnar. If I was handed command of the roster tomorrow, cutting Big E would be one of the very first things I'd do, he's a charisma void for me personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The notion that Big E could credibly clear me from the ring is fanciful, let alone Brock Lesnar. If I was handed command of the roster tomorrow, cutting Big E would be one of the very first things I'd do, he's a charisma void for me personally.

Because charisma is what makes someone strong??

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Because charisma is what makes someone strong??

You're taking me very literally there. I see nothing about the guy that would realistically intimidate Lesnar into vacating a ring, if it did happen I think any crowd would reject it because, to be blunt, Langston is dreadful, has no momentum, isn't over in the sightest and belongs more on Superstars than in the ring scoring points off the champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

You're taking me very literally there. I see nothing about the guy that would realistically intimidate Lesnar into vacating a ring, if it did happen I think any crowd would reject it because, to be blunt, Langston is dreadful, has no momentum, isn't over in the sightest and belongs more on Superstars than in the ring scoring points off the champion.

Now I'm actually a fan of big e but the way he has been used is terrible. No way is he a threat to lesnar as both stand right now. But to be fair as it stands I don't think anyone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

You're all smoking crack.

Big E has oodles of charisma and should be in a better feud.

The only people that could currently be fed to Lesnar are Cena, Seamus, Rusev and Batista if he comes back.

This is why I don't want to watch wrestling until January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

TGJD wrote: »
    Now I'm actually a fan of big e but the way he has been used is terrible. No way is he a threat to lesnar as both stand right now. But to be fair as it stands I don't think anyone is.

It's there own fault, Big Es gimmick in NXT was great, dropped his music and the 5 count when he came to the main roster and made him a generic body gaurd. With a few exceptions Batista and Nash, it doesn't work, even Batistas push he needed a gimmick change and an injury to survive.

Big E I reckon given the right gimmick can shine , the poposed nation rehash will if given the green light will allow him to show character but it's WWEs stop start pushin technique tat is the cause for his slump

Would Rusev Lesnar not run into the same problems at Ryback Punk 2 years ago. An unbeaten streak that shouldn't go yet against a title run that shouldn't go yet

Why shouldn't the unbeaten streak go, though? Unbeaten streaks have been done to death and got boring after Goldberg (which was fun because the idea was that it might never end).

And characters can survive losses, audiences actually buy into vulnerability, whereas invulnerability can create a disconnect unless handled with pristine care (i.e. above the level that WWE can commit to a character). Look at UFC: an 'unbeatable' guy loses, then wins a comeback fight in style, all of a sudden everyone is saying, "He's back and better than ever!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

leggo wrote: »
    Why shouldn't the unbeaten streak go, though?

They said "yet". It'd be insanity to not absolutely maximise Brock's next loss as much as you possibly can, they've got their eyes on it being the way to set up their top guy for the next decade, like.

Unbeaten streaks should nearly be so common for guys getting a push that it shouldn't be considered a gimmick in and of itself at all unless it's exceeded a year or summat.

No, we're talking about Rusev's streak versus Brock's title. Rusev's streak isn't inherently important to his character. Is it even brought up on television? He's lost battle royals even, so it's not even a full-on streak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Ahhh, yeah, Rusev's isn't a streak, it's a guy being built up to be fed to someone eventually. There should always be 2 or 3 guys on the midcard being booked like that. Ryback's felt like they were planning on a streak but circumstances changed.

Whoever said Brock vs Show & Henry had a good idea, basically just a match to collect some shots of Brock as both a monster and a ridiculously fast athletic type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Jake Robert's cancer is back.

source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/09/08/wwe-legend-jake-the-snake-roberts-says-he-again-has-cancer/
    The good news is, after spending three days last month drifting in and out of consciousness fighting a “double pneumonia” infection, WWE legend Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts was well enough this weekend to make an appearance at a wrestling show in Las Vegas.

Now for the bad news: Roberts announced at the show (via a video from TMZ Sports) that he is once again battling cancer.

“I’m just proud to be here tonight,” Roberts said, before telling the audience that his cancer had returned. Previously this year, Roberts had a cancerous tumor removed from his leg. “I’ve gotta have more stuff taken out of my chest, it’s cancer.”

Sad to hear, but they say cancer never really leaves your body and there's always the chance that it could come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Darren Young to be revealed as Adam Rose's bunny - Source PWInsider

I'm surprised he wasn't given a bigger role after he came out last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So they're gonna have him come out as a Bunny - is that supposed to be a euphemism for something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Possibly a return to his FCW gimmick of the south beach party boy. Pretty sure him and Percy Watson had that gimmick. Just swap Rose for Watson now. Hopefully they can end up as a decent team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm surprised he wasn't given a bigger role after he came out last year
    iirc he got injured shortly into the feud with Titus, so that'd impact it a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I see The Ascension have debuted on Main Event vs Los Matadors. I haven’t watched NXT as habitually as I did. They have really toned down the dark, demonic side of their gimmick. When did Victor lose the goggles and Connor lose the big coat? I thought both looked really cool. There really look and have a vibe of the Acolytes to them now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement