Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

rovert wrote: »
    Again it is PG now and even back then Vince called what Mickie did crass and had it edited out.

It was a little over the top but Vince is hardly one to talk...

vince-mcmahon-and-trish-stratus-kiss.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

J. Marston wrote: »
    It was a little over the top but Vince is hardly one to talk...

vince-mcmahon-and-trish-stratus-kiss.jpg

Is that trish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is that trish?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yep.

Well then fair play too mr Mac!!he knew how too write himself good story's!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer on Stone Cold, Stone Cold:
    Regarding Austin at Mania, some people have taken the fact he’s talking about training hard right now as a sign he’s getting ready. The last we heard is that it’s not out of the question for this year, but it comes down to the right creative and the right money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Would be funny if CM Punk missed out on a chance to wrestle Stone Cold at Wrestlmania because he's not there anymore. I mean wouldn't it just kill him, if his biggest dream opponent ends up wrestling someone like John Cena instead. Then doesn't wrestle ever again. Bet Punk would be regretting walking out after that one.

Of course I'm not jumping to conclusion just yet, not until it become official from Austin himself. If there is even the possibility of him getting back in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well then fair play too mr Mac!!he knew how too write himself good story's!!

I don't ever want to know the motivation behind his nixed incest angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Is it weird that there is a Kurt Angle article on the frontpage of wwe.com

erbvbp.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

1377156_o.gif

This made me go through a second puberty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mickie was great for the aul skimpy dresses and mucky antics back in the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

10547926_10152435349798261_9205298287516891443_o.jpg

Very good interview with the above 5, some hope for us all in what most admit is a dreary time for the WWE.:)

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/wwe-nxt-sami-zayn-adrian-neville-fergal-devitt-kevin-steen-hideo-itami-interview-26641720/page-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll say 2 will make as midcard to top guys and the othe 3 will fail to make to midcard level.

No Idea which 2 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

CMLL's biggest show of the year is on tonight about half one our time not huge into Lucha myself but seeing as it is free to watch going to give it a go.

Here's a preview of the matches http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/?p=31756

And here how to access the stream for the show http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/?p=31732

Yeah Lucha is my blind spot. I really tried to get into it but attempts have been a failure. The main event is a once in a lifetime mask vs mask between two legends.

To quote Jim Ross "Bray Wyatt is a character babyface" or something.
    Bray Wyatt is not advertised to compete this Sunday at Night of Champions. If this stands, it would mark the first time since Hell in a Cell that he has not competed on a WWE pay-per-view event.

This may seem like an alarming sign, but it’s not — Wyatt has already feuded with every top babyface in WWE.

The entire Wyatt clan have be jobbing left and right recently. A babyface turn has to be in the works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Triplemania really killed my interest in Lucha again. A lot of the guys just go through the motions it seems. Not staying up to watch CMLL live but might check it out over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I thought Sami Zayn should have toned it down a notch in that interview, not surprised by the NXT booking recently and I wonder if the two are linked. It's all well and cool being confident, but I think he was far too forthright in it and it reminds me of how Seth Rollins must have been in NXT, although Zayn is having way better WWE style matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'll say 2 will make as midcard to top guys and the othe 3 will fail to make to midcard level.

No Idea which 2 though.

Not just saying this, but I think Devitt is going to break out like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk and has future World Champion potential. The room he's shown for growth in his career gives him a limitless ceiling, so I can see him finding a niche and running with it to match his immense talent, like Bryan did with "YES!" And everyone there will like Fergal and be happy to see him succeed, he's so humble and easy to deal with (the only people who wouldn't would be people who'd resent his success, i.e. people who can't do any real damage to him).

Steen I see having an Umaga/Rusev type monster run and healthy tenure there. They love having legit tough guys like him knocking about. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on when things don't go his way though, knowing his reputation for speaking his mind. I can very much see a situation like we have with CM Punk now coming to pass, with him saying "**** this" once they start to deliberately **** with him (they'll do this to test his will, it happens to almost everyone) and going back to being a big fish in a small pond.

I don't see them knowing what do with KENTA but trying to push him anyway, so say an IC Title run then floundering around the midcard until he eventually leaves to return to Japan. Adrian Neville will have the exact same WWE career as Evan Bourne. Sami Zayn could have a job for life, not as a jobber exactly, but as a guy in the lower end of the card who occassionally gets pushed, but is mainly used to get other guys over.

That's all according to WWE scripture now, though, of course. If, god forbid, Vince were to pass away or retire in the near future and Triple H were to take the reigns while these guys were still around then we really don't know what his plans or vision would be.

Good reading of the situation, I don't agree 100% but well written and thought out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

WWE.com has learned Roman Reigns has been rushed to a Nashville, Tenn., hospital to undergo emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia. Reigns had been in Nashville to promote tomorrow's Night of Champions event. His recovery time will be evaluated by the local surgeon and WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann following today's operation. Check back with WWE.com for updates on Reigns' condition

****. Hopefully it isn't serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Interesting tweet by Sting

1382027_816513888379747_3481877321051221786_n.jpg?oh=67ca461c349aa68e78929b85ad054b66&oe=5484E90D&__gda__=1419233348_1b37c58478438f453fbcf95556fca295

Will be interesting to see if it is him on Raw or if it is just about the trailer for WWE 2k15 (due to be released that day too)

• Advertisement

You would think Reigns's opponents would be the ones with the hernia.

Because he needs to be carried, brothers.

Honestly it sounds really serious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And the Dublin show continues to get worse :(

Apparently WWE is going to address how this affects Night of Champions at 1PM EDT, per Meltzer.

6pm our time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is it bad I'm half glad he's injured so he mightn't be getting this mega push to Mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Early return for Ambrose I guess then.

Early return for Ambrose I guess then.

Possibly why we got Reigns and Rollins on Raw too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Potentially good for him in the long run. He was getting quite stale having been forced on us for the past months.

Taking him away from the screen to reassess his position and push should be a good thing.

No reason he should miss that much time unless there are surgical complications. I reckon he'll only be out a couple of weeks. Will be interesting to see.

Bit of a farce:
    WWE News: No, you are not seeing things if you were looking for the Punk update on WWE Network

Saturday, 20 September 2014 09:07

If you tuned to the WWE Network at 1 p.m. for the Roman Reigns update, they are instead showing the C.M. Punk video of all things.

We'll update shortly.

We do know that one of the changes in plans they were working on fell through.

• Advertisement

Bx_yYaUCQAE0QAz.png
    Recovery time for Roman is 4-6 weeks, but can take up to 10-12 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement