Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Really upsetting news. Stewart Allen - commentator, podcaster, website owner of Ringbelles, wrestling fan passed away. Was from Northern Ireland then moved to London.

https://twitter.com/RockstarSpud/status/521670097652682754

I was exchanging DMs with him on Friday. He was awaiting a biopsy to confirm form of lymphoma. One of the nicest fans I ever met.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Everyone (Paige) and literally their mother (Saraya Knight) came out in tribute to Stew but this one is deadly:

https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/521775561803595776

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Chris Jericho did an "Ask Me Anything" chat on Reddit today, available at this link. Below are some highlights:

Do you feel like WWE dropped the ball on Bray Wyatt? I thought he looked like a complete joke in his feud with Cena so I appreciated that you took him more seriously. Bray will be a world champion within a year

Thoughts on the rapid rise of Dean Ambrose? Much deserved

What happened to Lights Go Out being in WWE 2K15? It's not listed in the official press release! Tell me about it. I'm pissed

You don't mention much in your book about your 2010 departure from the WWE. How did you put that storyline together? Were there plans for you to return and feud with Orton? the plan was for me to return and feud with Orton for Wrestlemania. I chose to do DANCING WITH STARS instead

Do you think Benoit should be in hall of fame? Never

Do you think the wrestling business is better off now (PG, concussion awareness, no blood, etc) or during the peak Monday Night War era (better creatively, more jobs with three companies, worse medical checks in place, etc)? Better now.

Have you ever sneezed/seen someone else sneeze in front of Vince? What was his reaction? He hates sneezing!

Interesting. The Bray prediction seems a tad optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ I love how he chose DWTS over a feud with Orton and I presume to lose to Orton at WM :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^ I love how he chose DWTS over a feud with Orton and I presume to lose to Orton at WM :p
    Probably paid better as well (and no need to take bumps doing it) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

For the Fozzy Fanatics and Jericholics out there - Fozzy will be playing Fibbers in Dublin and Cyprus Ave in Cork March 2015!

10429230_708978002523815_511524100380061500_n.jpg?oh=e8f189e41f879760308dccab5f10d272&oe=54EE6C8B&__gda__=1421273436_a36b1dc071d790ff498bcb1c56a19e9e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Cinderblock party?

Rollins & Kane in attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

colmufc wrote: »
    well at least that 1 game I won't be getting , Christ I'm rereally starring yo hate the man as well as the character

I mite be the same. But I think that Cena mite actually be sound outside of the character. Just that character is growing really tired now at dis stage.

We noted earlier this year that WWE would be running live NXT Takeover specials every four months or so. This was later confirmed by Triple H during a media call. The next special is confirmed for December 11th.

The next Takeover special would come during the month of March 2015 and there's a lot of speculation within WWE that they may bring the NXT crew to WrestleMania 31 weekend in the San Francisco area. There would be issues with running an event the size of Takeover with WrestleMania Axxess but it is possible and would put NXT on a much bigger stage.

This seems like a great idea.

Imagine if the pre-show was a 2 hour NXT special?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    This seems like a great idea.

Imagine if the pre-show was a 2 hour NXT special?
    Or just a 2 hour special before hand, hour pre-show and then the full 4 hour event. The hour in between gives people a chance to cool down a little, get some beverages, go bathroom etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Or just a 2 hour special before hand, hour pre-show and then the full 4 hour event. The hour in between gives people a chance to cool down a little, get some beverages, go bathroom etc.

7 hours straight. Talk about severe crowd burn out. Have the nXt special on the Saturday instead.

Loughc wrote: »
    7 hours straight. Talk about severe crowd burn out. Have the nXt special on the Saturday instead.
    To be fair the pre-show was 2 hours last year which was 6 hours so I think having a break in between a NXT special (which showcases those guys to a wider audience so when they do debut it won't be as silent as it normally is) would definitely help out with burning out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Loughc wrote: »

Saturday is Hall of Fame though.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

I mite be the same. But I think that Cena mite actually be sound outside of the character. Just that character is growing really tired now at dis stage.

ya the character is stale and he does loads of make a wish but I just can't stand the fact he come out to every entrance holding up a stupid towel and trying to shill everything under the sun , he comes across as a really ungenuine person and he could do with putting over the nxt generation matches etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I can't stand Cena the wrestler and Cena the character however whenever I've seen him interviewed on TV or other media I've always thought that Cena the man seems like a top guy and very genuine.

It almost makes me feel bad about wanting to put my foot through the TV every time I see his stupid face and those stupid colours on a wrestling show :mad:

I recall back in around 2006-2007 Cena himself wanted to change up the character, Vince nixed the idea.

I think Cena deserves his spot and most of the best matches in WWE in the past 10 years involve him. "You can't wrestle" is a complete fallacy when it comes to Cena. Yes he ****ing can.

The man is a complete machine, he comes back from injuries in record time, he does all the live events, charity work, media appearances. He's squeaky clean and he's a role model.

Whether his character is a good thing for WWE long-term is another issue altogether. I've long accepted that he's going to be this way until he retires and I just go with it. At least as long as Vince calls the shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think Cena deserves his spot and most of the best matches in WWE in the past 10 years involve him. "You can't wrestle" is a complete fallacy when it comes to Cena. Yes he ****ing can.

Agreed. Regardless of the "5 moves of doom" or whether or not he can throw a punch, most wrestling moves take two people to perform, and the number or guys Cena has had great matches against and the variety of moves he's taken as opposed to given, speaks to his wrestling ability more than the 5 moves of doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

He's squeaky clean and he's a role model

not if what Kenny Dykstra says about the whole Mickie James thing is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Go on.............

Pinch of salt. Ken Doane too for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Just heard on Jerichos podcast that Justin Roberts was lot go. Thought that was a bit odd!

Any particular reason?

Just heard on Jerichos podcast that Justin Roberts was lot go. Thought that was a bit odd!

Any particular reason?
    Neither party could come to terms on a new contract apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

I recall back in around 2006-2007 Cena himself wanted to change up the character, Vince nixed the idea.

The man is a complete machine, he comes back from injuries in record time, he does all the live events, charity work, media appearances. He's squeaky clean and he's a role model.

Whether his character is a good thing for WWE long-term is another issue altogether. I've long accepted that he's going to be this way until he retires and I just go with it. At least as long as Vince calls the shots.

Cena has a few different persona's by all accounts. Great company man, does whatever he is asked etc....

In terms of his private life, his divorce proceedings don't portray a man who is exactly squeaky clean. So on that front, theres the Cena he likes to portray and also the one thats closer to the reality.

On a side note, the make a wish/charity thing loses a bit of its pull when its constantly mentioned. Its more a WWE thing than maybe Cena as a person. But when he is constantly advertised as the record holder for make a wish experiences, it takes away from some of the meaning of it. I don't know, I guess it seems like its more of a career decision and keeps in line with his character and that its his business persona to be the good guy.

WWE mentioning make a wish in the way they do is quite crass and self promoting to be honest.

On a side note, he gives rock shocking abuse for deserting WWE for movies, but in fairness i'd say he'd do the same in a heartbeat if he had the opportunity to.

Cena has a few different persona's by all accounts. Great company man, does whatever he is asked etc....

In terms of his private life, his divorce proceedings don't portray a man who is exactly squeaky clean. So on that front, theres the Cena he likes to portray and also the one thats closer to the reality.

On a side note, the make a wish/charity thing loses a bit of its pull when its constantly mentioned. Its more a WWE thing than maybe Cena as a person. But when he is constantly advertised as the record holder for make a wish experiences, it takes away from some of the meaning of it. I don't know, I guess it seems like its more of a career decision and keeps in line with his character and that its his business persona to be the good guy.

WWE mentioning make a wish in the way they do is quite crass and self promoting to be honest.

On a side note, he gives rock shocking abuse for deserting WWE for movies, but in fairness i'd say he'd do the same in a heartbeat if he had the opportunity to.

Cena's private life is no ones business but his and he shouldn't be judged for it.

Being on the road 300 days a year would put a strain on any relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If he's filming his private life on Total Divas then it's everyone's business.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea Total Divas is hardly his private life, that's more scripted than Raw!

Ah here.

Sure, but it's presented as reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

I don't buy for a second that he is a nice guy in reality , he was known to be a prick when bodybuilding and as for his chance to run off to Hollywood well its coming as he is slated to be headline star of 2 new action movies and apparently has a smaller but significant role in a 3rd production all due to film early to middle of next year , ya the character is stale (he will turn hell at some point but probably not for long ) and ya he's boring to watch and yes he still can have great matches but that's been mostly his competition being the better wrestler overall ,but at the end of the day the guy is just so overexposed ,I can't even form coherent paragraphs he make me so bored

• Advertisement

Yeah but he does an awful lotta work for charidy mate, and he doesn't like to talk about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement