Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sheamus dropped to Cena, who then dropped to Batista moments later

Don't think it works that way though :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Don't think it works that way though :S

Cena won the Chamber match for the belt where Sheamus went in as champ. After the match Vince McMahon booked a title match on the spot, Batista vs Cena which Batista won thus becoming new champion. Cena got the belt back at WrestleMania the following month.

Lots of title reigns are questionable. Ric Flair's exact number depends in who you ask.

Questionable title reigns are fine in certain circumstances. A few weeks rowing over a title belt then it turns out that the authority (or the corporation or whatever) hasn't bothered to tell them that it doesn't count, leading to a massive match with a pay-off that results in a title feud and a separate grudge-feud. Simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ageyev wrote: »
    Flair's exact number depends in who you ask.

You can argue up to about 25 but Flair considers himself a 21 time champion. That's what I would go with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cena won the Chamber match for the belt where Sheamus went in as champ. After the match Vince McMahon booked a title match on the spot, Batista vs Cena which Batista won thus becoming new champion. Cena got the belt back at WrestleMania the following month.

Lots of title reigns are questionable. Ric Flair's exact number depends in who you ask.

Ah right, sorry, I was having a memory lapse. Thought you meant that Batista was in the chamber too; that Cena pinned Sheamus and Batista pinned Cena within the same match. Never mind, you're right, that absolutely does count obviously....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE third quarter 2014 results will be announced on Thursday. Wonder if this will mean more cuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wonder will they announce the Network for us then as well.

Wonder will they announce the Network for us then as well.

There will be announcement before Nov 1st.

rovert wrote: »
    There will be announcement before Nov 1st.

That it has been delayed till January 1st more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

That it has been delayed till January 1st more than likely.

For a launch in 2016...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

ah okay fair enough I thought it was all in the chamber match , I was not watching at that stage fell out around 05 when cena was being made into a long term deal only came back when I saw punk 2 years ago and bryan grabbed my attention soon after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

colmufc wrote: »
    ah okay fair enough I thought it was all in the chamber match , I was not watching at that stage fell out around 05 when cena was being made into a long term deal only came back when I saw punk 2 years ago and bryan grabbed my attention soon after

I looked back at the replay. Cena taps ouy Triple H, bell rings, he's declared champion, cage is raised then McMahon comes out to announce the match with Batista when he pins Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

I looked back at the replay. Cena taps ouy Triple H, bell rings, he's declared champion, cage is raised then McMahon comes out to announce the match with Batista when he pins Cena.

it's crazy how wwe want to just put the strap on him so it's a wwe guy as the most time world champion ,flair is a legend but was never really a wwe guy , hogan would have the record if he would ever drop the bloody thing once in a while

Rubbing leaves on it didn't work:
    During the currently ongoing WWE Smackdown taping, WWE filmed a segment where The Big Show announced to the live audience in Houston, Texas that former WWE champion Daniel Bryan will need to undergo surgery on his arm.
    Show then led the audience in a "Yes" chant to show support for Bryan.

Bryan was stripped of the WWE championship and has been out of action since this past June when he needed to undergo neck surgery. Bryan has been in physical rehab since that time, trying to avoid needing another surgery to help bring strength back to his arm.

Daniel Bryan posted this on Instagram getting his messages:

B1JsQx6CIAAGSYG.jpg

It is Wrestling and it is the internet the reaction to the announce of his surgery was met with WORK and he will be number 30 in the Royal Rumble. But as you can see Daniel has a bit of a belly on him here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It is Wrestling and it is the internet the reaction to the announce of his surgery was met with WORK and he will be number 30 in the Royal Rumble. But as you can see Daniel has a bit of a belly on him here.
    It's a 40 man rumble,surely he'd be number 40 if he was competing at all!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It's a 40 man rumble,surely he'd be number 40 if he was competing at all!

It has been clarified/change to a 30 man Royal Rumble unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Eh not to bad, a little dull but the have done worse.
    KEVIN STEEN'S WWE NAME LOOKS TO BE....
    By Mike Johnson & Steven Fernandes

WWE applied to trademark "Kevin Owens" as a character name for a professional wrestler on 10/24. The word we are hearing is that will be Kevin Steen's official ring name in NXT and WWE.
    Owens may be derived from the name of Steen's son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kevin Owens, not too bad. Could play up the KO initials I guess.

Dont know about the source on this but here goes.
    From sescoops

There is a feeling that Cesaro’s recent losing streak could be a result of him being critical of another John Cena vs. Randy Orton feud during a recent media interview.Cesaro made the following comment:

“It is a new era of guys. It’s a new generation, and it’s a lot of fun to watch that because there are fresh match-ups. I mean, I’m sick of seeing John Cena against Randy Orton for the 500th time. It’s great that we have some new, young guys that can come out and provide absolutely great match-ups and for the fans there are fresh, exciting matches and things to watch.”

Days after making that comment, Cesaro lost in two straight falls at the Hell In A Cell pay-per-view and was then destroyed by Dean Ambrose on RAW the next night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pfffft we all know a returning Rey Mysterio is going to be number 30!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's so absurdly petty from WWE. He's 100% right and they should know it. Far for them to actually listen to fans and their own talent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Not that I'm saying it's a work but I wouldn't worry about Bryan's "belly" if an RR return is possible. He's only carrying a couple of pounds if even, but the chap would have 3 months to drop it anyway! Arm surgery wouldn't impede a bit of cardio and making the diet a little tighter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That's so absurdly petty from WWE. He's 100% right and they should know it. Far for them to actually listen to fans and their own talent though.
    You'd be a moron to say it in public though; loyalty to WWE matters a ton and to speak down about a match in public is simply stupid on so many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Kevin Owens? He tiled my kitchen a while back. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Kevin Owens? He tiled my kitchen a while back. Fair play to him.

I'm convinced he was my teacher in Fourth Class!

WWE can't win seemingly. Kevin Owens is too normal yet they freak out about Finn Balor.

Steen's name is great IMO.

Give Steen a finishing move like the Heart Punch and Cole, King & JBL and all shout Kevin Owens just KO'ed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Yes, because the last guy with the "KO" initial gimmick is doing fantastic!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wonder who's in better shape these days, Hero or Steen?

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    I wonder who's in better shape these days, Hero or Steen?

Steen got through the WWE tryout with flying colours. Steen is in shape.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement