Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

An File wrote: »
    I wonder who's in better shape these days, Hero or Steen?

Steen looks better then he's looked in ages imo.

He's always gonna be a big guy but he can definitely go for 20-30mins no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

While WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar was not scheduled for either Survivor Series or TLC as of this past weekend, WWE officials are in talks regarding more TV dates for Lesnar to build up his 2015 Royal Rumble match.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wwe-negotiating-brock-lesnar-plans-ambroses-finisher/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Cena's title shot against Lesnar isn't until RR maybe

Could be a possibility, even though the link says Lesnar won't be at Survivor Series or TLC..... Personally i'd have Lesnar make a cameo at Survivor Series costing Cena & his team victory against Team Authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I wonder how much they would be willing to pay him for extra dates?

• Advertisement

It would probably be 6 figures & upwards.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Could be a possibility, even though the link says Lesnar won't be at Survivor Series or TLC..... Personally i'd have Lesnar make a cameo at Survivor Series costing Cena & his team victory against Team Authority.

Lesnar to be part of Team Authority but he takes out both Rollins and Cena then walks off from a showdown with Team Cena member Reigns

So much for the "30 day rule" with Lesnar as champ :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lesnar to be part of Team Authority but he takes out both Rollins and Cena then walks off from a showdown with Team Cena member Reigns

So much for the "30 day rule" with Lesnar as champ :p

Lesnar being a part of Team Authority.... It could happen but i ain't getting my hopes up, but if it did happen him taking out Rollins, that would be a sign of ''Get in my way..... If you dare'', Cena would probably go right after Lesnar.... Again assuming if Reigns were to win the Royal Rumble, have Lesnar come to the ring (After a successful defence against Cena), raise the titles and mouthing ''You want these, come and get 'em'' It would be ideal if WWE kept Reigns & Lesnar apart, but with WWE's booking, they'd have 'em go at it right away

I think Lesnar is the exception to the rule, i mean do WWE even acknowledge the 30 Day Rule or have they ever acknowledged it?

Sorry for the rambling first paragraph, not sure if it makes sense or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It would probably be 6 figures & upwards.

Or not pay him and use the 30 day rule to strip him of his title but him not give it back, and crown an interim champ (TLC 6 man ladder match winner) John Cena and then using Brocks other dates when he comes back with his title we can have Brock -VS- Cena in an Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Championship Unification match!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder has Lesnar been worth the money Vince has thrown at him in the long run.

For me the draw hasn't been Lesnar it has been Heyman all along.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I wonder has Lesnar been worth the money Vince has thrown at him in the long run.

Simply now outside of the first two or so matches. This year's Summerslam number suggests they should take the title off Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

He's probably not worth it what with the economics of the Network now.

Creatively I don't think it has worked out save for maybe his initial return. But that's subjective obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I would like that to happen. Like at HIAC, Lesnar destroys Cena and Rollins pins him afterwards. Thus adding more fuel to Cena and Lesnar's rivalry and Rollins get some more heat/momentum for helping his team get the victory.

You know what might have worked WWE?

Booking fresh matches and feuds and paying extra dates.

You take a half assed approach, you get half assed results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

rovert wrote: »
    Simply now outside of the first two or so matches. This year's Summerslam number suggests they should take the title off Lesnar.

Was the number seen as a bad thing then? 145,000 PPV buys (I think) considering that the bulk of their targt audience has the Network, seemed a respectable number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

orestes wrote: »
    I wonder how much they would be willing to pay him for extra dates?

It's genuinely mental that they didn't negotiate this with him before they put the belt on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Would Cena be making enough for him not to benefit from going part time?

Surely if he 'retired' he could come back like the rest and demand a bigger fee than the others?

Vince Russo shoots on the Raw announce team.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/523449-i-should-have-appreciated-jim-ross-more
    The announcers today make it easy for the casual fans to laugh at our product, because at times, they make a mockery out of it themselves. Listen sometimes . . . really listen . . . you can’t help but be bludgeoned with it at times. And, if they’re not degrading something, or someone, they’re putting on open mic night at “Caroline’s”.

For some, getting their own comedy over is more important than putting the talent in the ring over. You never got that with JR – NEVER. His job wasn’t to be a comedian, or a heel, or a babyface – his job was to be an announcer, BY GAWD!, and do his job in the best possible way that he could.

JR would call wrestling as if it were 100% real – as if everything in the ring was actually happening. And, because he believed it, you believed it at home. Trust me, as the writer of the show, JR was given some ridiculous segments to make you believe, but somehow he did. Why? Because, it was simply his job. JR was announcing, and announcing was JR. Today in wrestling, that art is lost.

I should have appreciated JR more then…

…I certainly do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Russo is raw

TBH I find Lesnar overrated myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You know what might have worked WWE?

Booking fresh matches and feuds and paying extra dates.

You take a half assed approach, you get half assed results.

With his cost, that wouldn't have worked. He needs to generate an extra $1.7 million per show. That's 170,000 network subscribers. Simply put, that's not going to happen. As the churn rate shows, they are at their ceiling when it comes to domestic subscribers. They may eke out another 50,000 but that would be about it.

When they were strictly on pay per view, he needed to generate about 60,000 additional buys just to pay his salary, which as Rovert pointed out, he really was not doing of late.

Indeed, his deal no longer makes sense for them at all, so I could see Wrestlemania being his last show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was always under the impression that WrestleMania XXXI was going to be the last we saw of him for this run. However, I personally enjoy seeing him when he is featured on the shows/graces us with his presence. I don't think it is really going to do "the streak" justice if he disappears so soon. I would have liked to have seen Brock go on his own streak after that win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

As a fan, I'd love for him to stick around. But given his hatred for life in the public eye, I would be surprised if he is willing to take a significant paycut.

I could imagine them maybe keeping him on and psychologically justifying thinking it gives them a certain status having him around.

I would see him using UFC in any negotiations he has though. I think there's a couple easy fights over there for him that would do big money. In spite of how their stock has fallen, I would still imagine Lesnar-Mir 3 would do well north of a half million PPV buys in 2015. He also always wanted a fight with Big Nog which again would probably do some business even though it would be an easy fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Vince Russo shoots on the Raw announce team.

All this makes me think about is that Russo was supposed to be a "consultant for the announce team" in TNA at a time when all Taz would do is goof around and make jokes.

We noted before that WWE may be doing an injury angle with Randy Orton to write him off TV for a few weeks as he will begin filming The Condemned 2 on November 11th. If they do it, that angle would happen tonight as next week’s RAW takes place from England and Orton was pulled from that tour.

It’s still very possible that Orton misses Survivor Series, despite being expected for the Team Cena vs. Team Authority match. Orton was pulled from local advertising for the pay-per-view, which takes place in his hometown of St. Louis. It was said that there’s a good chance Orton misses Survivor Series but because The Condemned 2 is a WWE movie, they can always give him a day off to work the pay-per-view.

Orton’s last scheduled date is tonight’s RAW. He is not booked for Tuesday’s SmackDown tapings in Albany and as noted, is not booked for the European tour that begins this week.

On a related note, this has become the norm but the script for tonight’s RAW was not finalized as of late Sunday night.

Source: F4Wonline.com

As soon as he gets interesting he's gone!

Time to stop watching WWE:
    “WWE.com has learned that Bo Dallas has suffered an injury to his left foot. As a result, Dallas is expected to be out of action for six to eight weeks.”

Adding the bit about Randy being written off television to the Raw thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Best bet is, Orton possibly gets taken out by Seth Rollins similar to Dean Ambrose. Makes a big return a month later and feuds with Rollins, and wrestles him in a TLC match at the TLC PPV.

Or Triple H has Randy suspended for his actions last week.

• Advertisement

Writing Orton off TV when fans are actually interested in him again. And right before a major PPV in his hometown.

And they wonder why they are losing money?

Fucck me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement