Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

End of an era:
    Former WWE World champion The Great Khali was moved to The Alumni section of WWE.com this evening. PWInsider.com has reached out to several sources in the company to confirm he has actually been released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »
    End of an era:

What era ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What era ?

The era of him being the worst Wrestler in the company. Cameron and Eva Marie have big shoes to fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

A show with 10 million viewers, with a 1.0 18-49 rating will get cancelled.

A show with 5 million viewers, with a 2.0 18-49 rating will get renewed.

Exact numbers needed to get renewed or cancelled depends on what network the show airs on.

So (probably a stupid question), has any network ever pulled Raw before a deal concluded?

• Advertisement

So (probably a stupid question), has any network ever pulled Raw before a deal concluded?

Raw was genuinely close to being cancelled by the USA Network in the mid 90s don't remember the specific circumstances but didn't have anything to do with WCW just WWF's ratings weren't what they wanted.

Well then would that not automatically have something to do with WCW? I would imagine if Nitro had never existed, a lot of that audience would have been tuning in to Monday Night Raw.

Well then would that not automatically have something to do with WCW? I would imagine if Nitro had never existed, a lot of that audience would have been tuning in to Monday Night Raw.

Didn't really work that way. The Nitro and Raw audiences were pretty different. WCW fans didn't migrate over to WWF when WCW closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When the WWE do the..."Did you Know".. RAW was the higest rated show etc etc it only uses the 18-49 demographic it doesn't use over all ratings. The reason being they would drop out of the top 5 shows on cable for those given periods they use for the "Did you Know" segments.

Rating in America really are stuck in the 1950's thought. Hence the reason great shows get cancelled and reality tv stays on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seemingly, Maddox has also been removed from the active roster listings.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Seemingly, Maddox has also been removed from the active roster listings.

That makes me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

and when first aired it was shown out of sequence and it wasn't given a permanent timeslot. I think it started on a thursday at 9 then moved day and time within 2 episodes and again before they ended it.... a complete mess I miss it still :(

Damn Fox I still have not forgiven them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Why did he need to clarify the difference between officially and unofficially? Would people have speculated that he was unofficially still a part of it if he hadn't said it. Now I'm suspicious. And I've no reason to be, as I don't give a rats about his promotion officially or unofficially.

leggo wrote: »
    Why did he need to clarify the difference between officially and unofficially? Would people have speculated that he was unofficially still a part of it if he hadn't said it. Now I'm suspicious. And I've no reason to be, as I don't give a rats about his promotion officially or unofficially.

No one has past the first year. Apparently the promotion was shambles and terrible to work for. Like for example they would manage to put on a good show and then Billy would wheel in lad dressed as Jesus and do sacrilegious things. Just simply alienating things. Billy also had his disabled half brother Jesse in storylines too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

No one has past the first year. Apparently the promotion was shambles and terrible to work for. Like for example they would manage to put on a good show and then Billy would wheel in lad dressed as Jesus and do sacrilegious things. Just simply alienating things. Billy also had his disabled half brother Jesse in storylines too.

I really wanna see their reality show now, sounds perfect for the format. Is that idea dead? Last I heard AMC commissioned it, so if they put money into it and he walked that's lawsuit central for him.

leggo wrote: »
    I really wanna see their reality show now, sounds perfect for the format. Is that idea dead? Last I heard AMC commissioned it, so if they put money into it and he walked that's lawsuit central for him.

AMC dropped it after the channel changed formats and dropped reality TV projects from their schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭kksaints

Not entirely sure why but he reminds me of Batista for some reason. He had a decent enough soccer career. German cup winner and capped by the national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

He looks like a jacked Tyler Breeze

• Advertisement

I thought Tim was a very good gk for Bremen tbh. Jesus he's put on some mass though!!

Raw was genuinely close to being cancelled by the USA Network in the mid 90s don't remember the specific circumstances but didn't have anything to do with WCW just WWF's ratings weren't what they wanted.
    Are we talking about casual fans, i.e people who wouldn't be as passionate as ourselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Deeply deeply worrying carry on. The lack of friends thing is a cop out. I've seen him at events with people. Creep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Omackeral wrote: »
    Deeply deeply worrying carry on. The lack of friends thing is a cop out. I've seen him at events with people. Creep.

hes a wrestling fan? some of the stuff in that article is absolutely horrific

hes a wrestling fan? some of the stuff in that article is absolutely horrific

He presented a Wrestling radio show on Anna Livia/Dublin City FM and was a fairly farcical ex-Irish Indie Wrestling promoter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm not joking when I say there was student radio that came across as more competent and with less lisps. Admirably awful listening. It always followed this DCFM show about awful sport like ladies hockey and the top bowlers Rathfarnham has to offer.

WWN Live drew 10,500 in Beijing, China today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

WWN Live drew 10,500 in Beijing, China today.

Who are WWN live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

DM_7 wrote: »
    Who are WWN live?

Evolve, Dragon Gate etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement