Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DM_7 wrote: »
    Who are WWN live?

The #2 promotion in the World, brother.

Gabe Sapolsky's umbrella of promotions. EVOLVE, DGUSA, FIP etc.

If you have the patience for a fiffley website from Japan/China you can watch two of the China shows here:
    http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/21223675.html

THE FANS HAVE NEVER SEEN WRESTLING BEFORE AND THE FIRST THING THEY WATCHING IS HIGH FLIPPY GUYS

Gas:
    Bryan Alvarez noted on today’s Wrestling Observer live show that there’s a rumor going around in WWE that if AJ Lee loses the Divas title at Survivor Series in her match with Nikki Bella, then we might not be seeing her around much longer in WWE. In other words, she may be leaving the company soon. This rumor was going around several weeks ago and Jim Ross also mentioned it on his podcast.

AJ is on the road all of the time and has to work every house show as Divas champion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Would not be one bit surprised if she's not here by post WM31.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Punk's M.I.A & A.J Lee is potentially planning to do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

This would make perfect sense, same way as Beth Phoenix walked away to be with Edge.

I have to say it is nice seeing some more sane, mentally healthy human beings in this industry. Lots of people walk away now. In the 80's and 90's, so many people in the wrestling industry seemed to have nothing else and were stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Monokne wrote: »
    I have to say it is nice seeing some more sane, mentally healthy human beings in this industry. Lots of people walk away now. In the 80's and 90's, so many people in the wrestling industry seemed to have nothing else and were stuck.

I'd say some of them still are stuck.

Jaysus
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ring-worn-autographed-OFFICIAL-WWE-Licensed-AJ-LEE-T-Shirt-/151471856660?pt=US_Wrestling_Trading_Cards&hash=item23446d1c14

AJ Lee has done everything in WWE actually more than everything. Worked face and heel, Champion a number of times, loads of PPV matches and when she was in storylines with Punk & Bryan essentially an hour of Raw was weekly devoted to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

rovert wrote: »
    Jaysus
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ring-worn-autographed-OFFICIAL-WWE-Licensed-AJ-LEE-T-Shirt-/151471856660?pt=US_Wrestling_Trading_Cards&hash=item23446d1c14

AJ Lee has done everything in WWE actually more than everything. Worked face and heel, Champion a number of times, loads of PPV matches and when she was in storylines with Punk & Bryan essentially an hour of Raw was weekly devoted to her.

Those were some darks days. AJ is grand but the romance angles with Bryan, Punk, Kane, Ziggler and Cena were cringe for the most part.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]
    Those were some darks days. AJ is grand but the romance angles with Bryan, Punk, Kane, Ziggler and Cena were cringe for the most part.

AJ as Raw GM as well was bad. I liked her to begin with but they overexposed her and thats when I went off her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

This would make perfect sense, same way as Beth Phoenix walked away to be with Edge.

Very good point. They say you get into this business to get out and, on a personal note, I've also found that to be true. It's a great business on one hand that has so many different aspects that it leaves you unknowingly qualified in so many different areas (radio and DJ-ing were two things that felt instantly natural and familiar to me because of wrestling, and I could offer something completely fresh to because of my perspective from another field - we did worked shoots on radio, for example, and they blew people's minds because they'd never heard it done in that format before).

But there's also the demanding side of it too that weighs on a person, and the fact that it has left so many people now in their 50's and 60's who are perhaps too late to start a new chapter but who know nothing else so have to put their bodies through serious trauma for their age.

One major put-off, for me, was seeing guys coming in from the States who'd had their run with WWE and seemed to veer every conversation back to that. It was like they'd peaked and they were now living vicariously through those memories without something new to look forward to. And many of them were relatively young too. I'd hate to hit 40 and think that my time thriving on this planet had passed! It was kinda sad to see from people I'd grown up admiring.

If the new generation are realising that there's so much more to life than the business and that the skills they gained there can be applied to other fields, it would be obviously **** for fans but great for them. They can even take a page out of Jericho's book and dip in and out at their own leisure while forwarding other projects, or out of Colt Cabana's and starting a brand around the following they built at their peak that they can then transition into when the in-ring stuff becomes a chore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AJ also got to see her hero walk away in her prime as well Lita... Trish, Beth and Punk are probably the best role models for the next generation to look up to make your money and get out healthy in the prime of your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

[/B]

True, but to be fair wasn't she added to the Bryan and Punk angle because they were worried they were not doing decent enough quarters etc in that feud?

Fair play that she was at that level they trusted her to generate more eyeballs for what was a feud over the main title.

Not arsed about her if she goes now, fair play to her for making her moolah and getting out if true young and healthy.

Somewhat following on from leggo's post. With women starting a massive family a massive consideration.

Also AJ Lee especially but in general WWE Divas are teeny tinny. Their matches are fairly tame for the most part but still they don't have the massively muscular backs and wide shoulders that their male counterparts do so they take a lot more damage bumping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

[/B]

got her over as a major star though. even trish talked about that a while back that wwe should have the girls interacting in storylines with the top male stars more often.

i liked the aj/bryan combination at the end of 2011/early 12. aj was pretty much doing nothing on tv prior to that and within 8 months she was one of the top talents in the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought her arc(?) was interesting after WrestleMania XXVIII. I really laughed my ass off when Daniel Bryan broke up with her after losing to Sheamus. I'd say he benefitted more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I don't think a jobbers role is to be detested. That'd be more a top heel.

Also, Ryder's best success came getting over as a babyface. People like him. So not sure why you think he'd be suited to that role.

Huge numbers of people detest the guy. In my case it's because of his staggeringly inflated opinion of his abilities, I won't speak for others. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Would we be looking at another Eros Comedy show if this were to happen, or who books him usually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Yeah, I dont see AJ lasting much longer in WWE. There is not much you can do with her anymore since she is longest reigning Divas champion and I think creative team have nothing for her as well. There were trying catch lighting in a bottle with AJ Vs. Paige feud, but they didnt have right chemistry like AJ had with Kaitlyn from a year ago.

Divas are very easy to replace. Once one diva goes, it is very easy to build up new popular diva in divas division. There is plently of good divas down at NXT that can replace AJ as new face of divas division.

mxph3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I dont see AJ lasting much longer in WWE. There is not much you can do with her anymore since she is longest reigning Divas champion and I think creative team have nothing for her as well. There were trying catch lighting in a bottle with AJ Vs. Paige feud, but they didnt have right chemistry like AJ had with Kaitlyn from a year ago.

Divas are very easy to replace. Once one diva goes, it is very easy to build up new popular diva in divas division. There is plently of good divas down at NXT that can replace AJ as new face of divas division.

The only thing left is AJ passing the Torch to Charlotte in a Wrestlemania-y feud.

There's lots of reports flying around. People are using WWE rolling out a new of merch as definitive proof she is staying. But there's a time lag on the production of that stuff. Also she isn't currently advertised past TLC.

I would still like to see AJ vs. Stephanie McMahon match, but that ship has sailed unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

The size difference would make that match ridiculous. Steph weighs about twice as much and is about 10 inches taller.

The size difference would make that match ridiculous. Steph weighs about twice as much and is about 10 inches taller.

Dont understand why would that be a factor. Clearly, you are trying to poke holes at something.

What about Gail Kim/Awesome Kong matches from a few years ago?

I would not care about the match, I would like to see promos between AJ and Stephanie.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mxph3 wrote: »
    Dont understand why would that be a factor. Clearly, you are trying to poke holes at something.

What about Gail Kim/Awesome Kong matches from a few years ago?

Bang on. There are loads of examples.

Chyna vs everyone (except Nicole Bass)
    Awesome Kong vs nearly everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Exactly. That's why Rey Mysterio always wrestled guys his size and no bigger.

This will maybe blow your minds lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

^^ Had a good chuckle at the guy wearing the Ray Rice shirt to the ring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reminded me of the Joey Ryan/Candice LaRae vs Young Bucks match. Great match and loved how they made Joey tombstone Candice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement