Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rovert wrote: »
    Anyways imagine Ric in Dublin *hick*

Is there any rumblings that he will add a Dublin show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyways imagine Ric in Dublin *hick*

Don't have to. http://pwinsider.com/article/54655/more-on-the-tnaric-flair-incident-in-ireland.html?p=1
    The Ric Flair incident in Dublin, Ireland was said to have been driven by Flair demanding money "in advance" from a member of TNA management. When his request wasn't granted, Flair allegedly tried to play hardball, refusing to get on a bus that was taking the TNA troupe to the airport for their flight. That incident led to a decision being made to leave Flair behind, since he was refusing to get on the plane and this had not been the first instance of similar issues with Flair over the last year.
    According to one person I spoke to after we initially wrote about the Flair situation, there were members of the roster in favor of leaving Flair behind due to his outburst and some were mocking him, using his "signature promo lines" after he was left behind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Alan4L of F4WOnline and @Alan4L on Twitter talked about Flair staying over at a mate's of his gaff at the time.

mrs-doyle-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Did that really happen, that he stayed at someone's house.

Did that really happen, that he stayed at someone's house.

As sceptic as you but I was assured it happened.

I am not telling Hogans here:

https://twitter.com/NME/status/535553412512120832

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

x43r0 wrote: »
    That's such a random appearance

W(hy)TF is Sting doing that??

Think he was in IGN for an interview which will be up next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Oh, if Ric did a Dublin show I'd be going mad to get tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

What is the deal with Sting? Is he ever going to actually appear on Raw or a PPv or continue to appear at various promotional events? On JR's most recent podcast he spoke of how he deserves a wrestlemania moment but is this likely to happen? We've all heard the rumours of a Taker/Sting wM match am wrestlezone this week had a story about a potential sting/Hogan match but I'd e surprised if any of these happened at this point. Maybe they could align him (and possibly flair and/or hogan) with some younger stars to help elevate them or even have Sting/flair/hogan as some sort of legendary anti authority faction. I know there's no chance of anything like that happening and just spitballing here bit I am genuinely curious if there are any solid plans for sting and to a least extent hogan/flair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Nothing is concrete on the Sting front. He is doing business with WWE obviously but whether or not there is a Wrestlemania match depends on whether or not they can come to an agreement. He will want a big marque match. What WWE want is anyone's guess - they're not huge fans of pushing WCW/TNA wrestlers; they offerred Goldberg a spot in the battle royal this year like...

I'd say it will be when they set plans in motion for the Mania and Hall of Fame cards is when we hear anything serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm impressed with the medical specifics given by cole, for a storyline injury. A bit odd.
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Absolutely. Very odd to mention stenosis as it's more an effect of long-term wear, rather than the usually transient stinger.

Didn't see it posted but Sheamus put up a photo of him in hospital going for surgery last night (can't link it in work) maybe it was the actual injury then.

• Advertisement

As sceptic as you but I was assured it happened.

I am not telling Hogans here:

https://twitter.com/NME/status/535553412512120832

God Metallica are the Hulk Hogan of the heavy metal world. He keeps mentioning that.

Something that maybe nothing thing is that Meltzer thiis week talked about UFC being interested in Brock Lesnar when his deal comes due after Wrestlemania. An emergent third party is Bellator who air on SPIKE TV. Now under new management and fresh off a very successful show last weekend Bellator has a new philosophy of being unlike current UFC pushing showbiz-y/Pro Wresting style feuds and production. Also it is a home for older or washed out by UFC fighters.

If Brock leaves WWE he could sign for a huge PPV buyrate percentage for UFC OR sign a multi year deal with the TV based Bellator promotion. At 38 and decreased reflexes he could really flame out in UFC and lose his drawing ability pretty quick if his comeback fight is a disaster or he could sign a big money deal that could pay more in the long run with Bellator fighting lads off the street.

On a TNA related note. If Lesnar signs with Bellator it opens up the possibility of a Lashley-Lesnar match. Also morto for TNA as if they stayed on SPIKE they MAY have had the ability to use Lesnar on their shows.

All this could be Heyman just using Dana White, Scott Coker of Bellator and Dave Meltzer to get Lesnar more leverage with WWE.

Meltzer this morning cryptically mentioned Bellator being interested in CM Punk in some capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I could actually see him doing some stuff with Bellator. Common sense would have to prevail somewhere down the line regarding a possible UFC return: he'd be killed by pretty much all of their HW division at this stage. The sport progresses so fast that it's left him way behind, and even in saying that he was fairly far behind towards the end of his time there. Whereas Bellator are in a TNA-like position of taking anything they can get and not requiring an all-in investment from the veterans they're paying big money to for their name value alone. They just want eyes on the product and Brock would get that.

I'm gonna predict: Brock gets an offer from UFC but also has some demands that just aren't practical in 2014 (i.e. headlining and getting a % of big PPVs, getting title fights easily etc). Dana is used to dealing with guys out of their prime, but when dealing with Tito, Griffin etc, you're dealing with people who know, love and understand the sport. People who are aware enough to realise they can't compete with the new breed but can still make decent money in showcase, exhibition fights that'll ultimately affect nothing in the grand scheme. Brock doesn't have that awareness or humility, he using MMA because his freakish athleticism means he can use it for a quick payday. Dana can't quell Brock's ego and doesn't bend, even if it breaks his heart (think how he handled Fedor). Bellator swoop in and match Dana's offer. Brock Lesnar's overall career starts to look sad once he accepts as we realise he's just become another over-the-hill old guy trying to cash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Retired WWE Superstar Santino Marella is scheduled to return to WWE RAW this Monday with guest star Larry The Cable Guy. They will be promoting Jingle All the Way 2.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1120/585069/santino-marella-returning-to-wwe-tv/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I've moved all the potential spoiler talk into the Series Pre-Show thread. You don't need to spoiler tag anymore! (Thank you to everyone for using spoiler tags up to now, you legends!) PW Boardsies: Like the Chinese, a great bunch of lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If WWE had any interest in using more managers Santino could be good.

SO TELL ME ABOUT THE DAMN KLIQ
    B3K6ibGCcAA7Rvr.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

7LfpYa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I love Bryan but he looks absolutely ridiculous at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

QikBax wrote: »
    I love Bryan but he looks absolutely ridiculous at the moment.

He looks like a natural fit for The Wyatt Family Mark II actually. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He couldn't look any more homeless.

I think it's a bit weird the way we can get so caught up on wrestlers' appearances. A friend of mine pressed for me on an answer about Triple H's hair when he got it cut. I was like....."leave me alone!" I don't care about which one suits him better!

He couldn't look any more homeless.

He hasn't gone Full Foley yet to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

good on Daniel Bryan mentioning Dolph Ziggler going out every night and stealing the show.

In fairness to him, he always mentions how cool the other guys in his interviews outside of WWE.

https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/537752821647831042

That year Nash drew over $100 million for WWF.

B3Z-gPgCUAA41ig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/537752821647831042

That year Nash drew over $100 million for WWF.

B3Z-gPgCUAA41ig.jpg

Please tell me he's taking the piss ? Noway he drew over 100 million

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Please tell me he's taking the piss ? Noway he drew over 100 million

:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement