Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

ricero wrote: »
    Please tell me he's taking the piss ? Noway he drew over 100 million
    I pretty sure he did. The graph he drew up speaks for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Please tell me he's taking the piss ? Noway he drew over 100 million

He did that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Seamus is in Peter mark in St Stephens green today I was just told. He must be genuinely injured again so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Seamus is in Peter mark in St Stephens green today I was just told. He must be genuinely injured again so.

If he had serious surgery especially on his back I don't think he would be allowed to fly. So I hope it is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rovert wrote: »
    If he had serious surgery especially on his back I don't think he would be allowed to fly. So I hope it is true.

I can confirm he was defintitly there today

• Advertisement

Meltzer level scoops. :P

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/537992522451406851

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Saw him on lunch on Wednesday. Couldn't believe it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Would he be appraochable enough in public, or would he make his way through the town unbothered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That year Nash drew over $100 million for WWF.

I loved nash and shelly at that time

Would he be appraochable enough in public, or would he make his way through the town unbothered?

He'll put you through a set of railings and do Chest Thumps.

Hah he's very approachable and (relatively) unassuming. Someone you'd bump into rather than spot or wants to be spotted if you get my drift.

Balor is home too.

• Advertisement

So basically you don't barge up to him and demand a photograph/autograph. Well, as you get older you kind of learn common sense in these situation anyway. CM Punk talked about it with Colt Cabana, as the majority of us heard earlier. People are fine if you treat them respectfully!

So basically you don't barge up to him and demand a photograph/autograph. Well, as you get older you kind of learn common sense in these situation anyway. CM Punk talked about it with Colt Cabana, as the majority of us heard earlier. People are fine if you treat them respectfully!

That's a given. But Sheamus's disposition is of a lad sloping out for a wee cheeky pint rather than playing the big I Am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

He'll put you through a set of railings and do Chest Thumps.

Hah he's very approachable and (relatively) unassuming. Someone you'd bump into rather than spot or wants to be spotted if you get my drift.

Balor is home too.

My small fella is a huge fan of his since the Dutch Gold days and they both follow each other on Twitter. Could not say enough nice things about the fella.

That's a given. But Sheamus's disposition is of a lad sloping out for a wee cheeky pint rather than playing the big I Am.
    Well I'm sure that's generally a better way of getting around the place without hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Did barrett really get a green card? Would wwe have helped him get somthing like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

E&C reunion on Haven tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

cena wrote: »
    Did barrett really get a green card? Would wwe have helped him get somthing like that
    Green cards are by definition nothing wwe can help with directly (i.e. it's a lottery).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Nody wrote: »
    Green cards are by definition nothing wwe can help with directly (i.e. it's a lottery).

That is incorrect.While there is a green card lottery,Cesaro actually got his through that, the green card is usually gotten through employer sponsorship and marriage. I don't think it is unusual that WWE would help Barret get one. I think they helped Drew get one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would have thought if the WWE really did have any pull on wrestlers getting a Green Card Sheamus would have been the one they would have been sorting out first.

The amount of promotional work he does for them would be a lot bigger than most on the roster.

Someone is now going to tell me has one and the WWE did sort it out for him :p

I'm sure it's probably the same as the passport office over here, where they give you a date and a time and you turn up and they have no idea who you are and what you are doing there. A girl in America I know said to me she would sponsor me if I needed to move over. I now know what she meant. Do employers put up a sum?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Afaik, to be successfully sponsored, you need someone to prove that you, specifically, are vital to something they are doing; that an American or a resident already in America, cannot do the same job you are being asked to do.

Or at least, thats one way. I think there's also the random lottery and one where you say you're going to invest a tonne of money in establishing a business and new jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

the green card is usually gotten through employer sponsorship and marriage.
    Plus about $1,500 in form fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Plus about $1,500 in form fees.

Well yeah,and providing an account of everywhere you've lived,worked,farted and sneezed for about 10 years along with proof and references.

Then there's the whole criminal record thing as well, which could be tricky for a former fighter.

Real world politics and geography has complicated matters such as this but the Belfast born and raised Rhia O'Reilly isn't really seen as part of the Irish Wrestling scene or as an Irish Wrestler. In fairness she moved to London early on and was trained all the way over in the Lance Storm Academy in Calgary, Alberta, Canada too. But anyways she won the biggest Women's title in Europe last night:

https://twitter.com/SchnoodleLad/status/538808083674578944

She dedicated her win to her friend Stewart Allen who passed away recently. Stewart was someone I used to talk to a fair bit with. Wrestling fan, website owner, commentator and just sound bloke. So that's cool too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Now there's a bizarre coincidence! One of the lads in that photo with her is a good friend of mine! :eek:

An File wrote: »
    Now there's a bizarre coincidence! One of the lads in that photo with her is a good friend of mine! :eek:

Is he Irish?

Auld Stew and Rhia were warm Nordie type ex-pats who bonded over Wrestling and living in London.

In other Irish wrestlers who have done well in the UK news. Last night for Preston City Wrestling Mad Man Manson announced his and Dave Rayne's victory over Delirious and Paul London was his last match. He had been saying all year this would be his last year of his career and that he'd just announce it out of the blue. Wrestling being Wrestling this could be a work but all his greatest friends in Wrestling are tweeting sincere things about him.

As I get older I get worse and worse at gauging time frames but about 3-4 years ago I remember a very dour conversion with him were I thought he was months away from packing it in. Basically he felt like a failure (:() and was feeling the pinch of the economics of the UK indie scene as a full time Wrestler. Be seemed to have stayed on a little while longer as the UK scene had bit of an up tick, he got used well in places like PCW and found real life work as a warehouse manager.

Mason was never about the workrates just entertaining people. An easy favourite of mine going back to his Irish Whip Wrestling days. Defo one of the smartest and quick witted Wrestlers I've encountered. Kindred spirit Spud wrote this cool tribute:

https://twitter.com/RockstarSpud/status/538791332836573187

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Possibly the best worker to ever grace the Irish scene (yes, I know what I'm saying there and no, I'm not being hyperbolic). If you don't believe it, ask anyone who worked with him. In Irish Whip he taught EVERYONE how wrestling really worked. He was the guy who got put with newbies on house shows whenever someone was graduating and needed to go from 'guy who does moves' to 'worker' and they always came out the other side getting it. He made it so simple for everyone. And yet he was so cool about it too: I remember I had a summer working with him where it clicked for me and, at the end, we were scheduled to work a hardcore main event in my hometown. I liked to go all out for any big matches like that and do some extra bits in training beforehand. He didn't have to, he certainly didn't need to, but he came down and did some bits then let me call the match on the night to give everything a 'full circle' feel, which went perfectly (they always did with him). Everyone who had the pleasure will have a story like that about him.

With the condition he got into towards the end of his career, he could've made it to WWE if he wanted. But I think he would've hated it as he reminds me of Punk saying, "Wrestling was fun when it was us going up and down the road staying in ****holes working for no money." That's Manson, he had somewhat of a romantic, practical view of it and I think that's what drove him.

He's a seriously talented guy, though, as anyone who knows him is aware of. His workrate puts other guys to shame. So he'll succeed at whatever he puts his mind to next and is already doing so in a number of capacities.

• Advertisement

Obviously you would know him better than I would leggo. But yeah he was very a different person than most Wrestlers. Wasn't he a GAA player who never watched Wrestling before training to be one? Due to that didn't really have the markish notions about Wrestling that life long fans or life long fans turned Wrestlers do. He grasped what was important in the ring and probably more importantly outside the ring and backstage better than someone who watched 10,000 hours of Wrestling tapes and every Wrestling book. Being an "outsider" he'd say things about Wrestling that could sting you if you were in too deep into Wrestling. But it wasn't out of being a bitter wrestler but out of perceptiveness and as you as say practicality.

In terms of a being a Worker. I remember Nigel McGuinness during Nigel's documentary saying Manson was his favourite Indie Wrestler in the World. Nigel is the polar opposite of Manson. McGuinness ruined his health giving way too much in the ring while Manson revelled in not bumping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement