Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Who did he play GAA for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

rovert wrote: »
    Obviously you would know him better than I would leggo. But yeah he was very a different person than most Wrestlers. Wasn't he a GAA player who never watched Wrestling before training to be one? Due to that didn't really have the markish notions about Wrestling that life long fans or life long fans turned Wrestlers do. He grasped what was important in the ring and probably more importantly outside the ring and backstage better than someone who watched 10,000 hours of Wrestling tapes and every Wrestling book. Being an "outsider" he'd say things about Wrestling that could sting you if you were in too deep into Wrestling. But it wasn't out of being a bitter wrestler but out of perceptiveness and as you as say practicality.

In terms of a being a Worker. I remember Nigel McGuinness during Nigel's documentary saying Manson was his favourite Indie Wrestler in the World. Nigel is the polar opposite of Manson. McGuinness ruined his health giving way too much in the ring while Manson revelled in not bumping.

Yeah nail on the head right there. I believe he first went down training with a mate who was a fan for the craic and ended up loving it, having never watched. You're dead on too with his perspective on the business, it's very interesting and essential to listen to. He's honest and completely cut-and-dry because, as you said, he doesn't have that emotional bond to wrestling that most of us would. And in spite of being honest I've never heard of one person disliking him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Having an emotional bond to wrestling can really bring you a lot of mental and physical distress just look at CM Punk's interview this week and his realisation that being "Harley Race" for an uncaring Corporation doesn't get you anywhere.

Sure look at the pressure that all of the top guys have put themselves under over the years. I'm sure Daniel Bryan must have known that he would eventually get injured, but loved performing.

Random use of an old WWF theme on the Republic of Telly this week. About 2 minutes during the TV3 vs RTE Toy Show segment:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10350591/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Random use of an old WWF theme on the Republic of Telly this week. About 2 minutes during the TV3 vs RTE Toy Show segment:

It is off the Full Metal album and was part of the In Your House video game. But was it a Raw theme?

It is off the Full Metal album and was part of the In Your House video game. But was it a Raw theme?

It was created by WWE and the Raw is War theme for a considerable period. The actual common intro can be heard towards the end. They just looped one segment of the song for an easy music bed. I've seen it attributed to Jim Johnston and to a band called Such A Surge. Full Metal listing has it as "Thorn in Your Eye" (performed by the WWF Superstars & Slam Jam)

Came about shortly after they went to two hours.
    "On March 3, 1997, a house show from Berlin, Germany, which was filmed with few cameras and poor lighting and featured an array of cold matches with no storyline builds to them, aired as that week's episode of Raw. The show was very poorly received by fans (earning only a 0.7 rating, one of the lowest the show has ever recorded[14]) and WWF executives, alike. The following week, Raw was completely revamped with a new set, new theme music (originally "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson, later a WWF-created song), and was renamed Raw is War. "

A lot of people have no idea they used "The Beautiful People" for two or three weeks in 1997. Kinda surreal looking at it now. The scratch logo didn't debut until December of that year, but it had become Raw is War.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Brock Lesnar had been scheduled for next week's Raw, probably to get a Slammy award but his return has been moved to December 15th, the day after TLC.

• Advertisement

So we're going to finally have a world championship match next month. Well thank God for that.

According to UFC President Dana White, though, Bellator doesn't have the challenges a superstar and former champion like Lesnar is looking for.

Well yeah, would this be the idea? If he could make more money fighting no-hopes in Bellator vs works WWE vs "top guys" in UFC, wouldn't he go with Bellator if the money/deal was best?

Brock would need to shoot up the network numbers something fierce before his contract is up in WWE to make him worth it to thembt to re-sign.

The impression that I got from Brock Lesnar, as has been mentioned here a lot, was that he will go wherever the money is best. That was what I took away the most from reading Death Clutch. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him play the 3 off against each other next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The Republic of Telly is still terrible I see. The host made a joke about plagiarism while assuming nobody had ever heard of Harry Hill's TV Burp. I've never seen anything more plagiarised!!

But, yeah, obviously a rasslin' fan working in the RTE editing room.

Pwinsider:
    Brock Lesnar has been officially advertised for WrestleMania 31, as well as the RAW taping the next night at the SAP center.

Chris Jericho is scheduled for the following Canadian Live Event dates - Jan. 31st in Edmonton, Feb. 1st in Calgary, and Feb. 28th in Toronto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So is Jericho coming back for his WM payday.

My sources were correct:
    WWNLive.com issued the following announcement, which changes the entire game for their promotion:
    WWN Enters Multi-Year Agreement to Promote Professional Wrestling Events in China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Next Tour Slated for Spring 2015

Tampa, FL, December 3, 2014: After a very successful initial tour of China, which resulted in four capacity events in Grand Epoch City, Chengdu, Emeishan and Beijing, World Wrestling Network, Inc. (WWN) has entered into a five year agreement with Great-Wall International Sports Management LTD. (Great-Wall) and Transnational Services, Inc. (Transnational) to continue to bring the WWN brand of sports entertainment to China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

WWN President and CEO Sal Hamaoui stated, “The reaction from our 2014 China Tour has been nothing short of phenomenal. Over 16,000 fans witnessed our events live and millions more have now seen the television airing of our November 16th event from the MasterCard Center in Beijing. This agreement will allow WWN, along with our partners, Great Wall and Transnational, to do multiple tours annually throughout the region.”

I legitimately broke this news four weeks ago. :p

I honestly thought this story went away. Either Heath paid her off or she was caught lying.
    WWE News: Warrant issued for Heath Slater over alleged WrestleMania afterparty incident

Atlanta police have issued a warrant for WWE wrestler Heath Slater (a/k/a Heath Miller) stemming from a 2011 incident at the WrestleMania 27 afterparty, according to FOX-5 television in Atlanta. Corinne Oliver, who was working security at the event, accuses Slater of putting her in a chokehold and attempting to get her into an elevator with the intent of dragging her back to his room at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. Oliver claims the alleged attack cause damage to five vertebrae in her back. [Thanks to Dave Wills]

Powell's POV: Oliver reported the incident to her supervisor on the morning of the incident and then waited nearly three months to file a police report regarding the incident. She stated that she waited for her supervisors at Allied Barton Securities to file a police report, which they never did. She has also claimed that other wrestlers witnessed the incident and did nothing to help her. The police report described the incident as a "simple assault/battery." WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt issued a statement after the charges were filed to note that the charges were filed against Slater individually and not the company.

Da Fuq
    serves.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

^^^^^
    The Diva's will be happy about that one.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Come come now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

RVD would be great in a substance match

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

A substance abuse match maybe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A substance abuse match maybe.

That's the joke. /Rainier Wolfcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

He'd win too,as in style...over...

COAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Batista just announced as part of the cast of the new bond film :D

dare i say it but he seems to be having a better career then the rock so far in his short stint in hollywood

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Happy for him.

He has had a stronger start than The Rock, but I can't see Batista getting lead roles like Rock does now. Remember, rock is one of the highest grossing superstars in Hollywood at the moment. Batista still has a way to go, but is making a fair whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

ricero wrote: »
    Batista just announced as part of the cast of the new bond film :D

dare i say it but he seems to be having a better career then the rock so far in his short stint in hollywood

very strong start to his acting career and he is in the reboot of kick boxer as well but won't be as big as star as rock in fairness jot many gross the money rock does right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

colmufc wrote: »
    very strong start to his acting career and he is in the reboot of kick boxer as well but won't be as big as star as rock in fairness jot many gross the money rock does right now

yea but the rocks film are terribly bad. Besides welcome to the jungle which was half decent i cant think of a good rock movie.
    meanwhile bootista stars in one of if not the best comic books movies ever and then lands a role in the bond franchise which is arguably the biggest franchise in movie history. fair play big dave

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement