Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Terribly bad" is an opinion, but the reality is that in 2014, only Robert Downey Jr. was paid more than Rock. (Source: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45ekhem/dwayne-johnson-24/).

He's a major part of an absolutely massive franchise (Fast and Furious), and has just signed up to play a big part in DC's Universe. As I said, Batista has done magnificently to land two big roles in a row, but he's still a way away from being on the Rock's level, money wise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dave's Dax has a huge role to play at the end of phase 3 of the MCU if they take stick to the comics story so he knows he will have at least 2 more GotG films and and Avengers in his future.

Fair play to him he took the risk and reached for the brass ring outside the WWE and grabbed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "Terribly bad" is an opinion, but the reality is that in 2014, only Robert Downey Jr. was paid more than Rock. (Source: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45ekhem/dwayne-johnson-24/).

He's a major part of an absolutely massive franchise (Fast and Furious), and has just signed up to play a big part in DC's Universe. As I said, Batista has done magnificently to land two big roles in a row, but he's still a way away from being on the Rock's level, money wise...

oh i totally agree the rock is box office and of course a bigger star than batista and probaly more range in acting. But still id rather be in Batista two films than the rocks whos films mostly suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ricero wrote: »
    oh i totally agree the rock is box office and of course a bigger star than batista and probaly more range in acting. But still id rather be in Batista two films than the rocks whos film mostly suck

That for me as well. Rock makes more money but his films are rubbish and forgettable for the most part, I'l take Batista over him any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Happy for him.

He has had a stronger start than The Rock, but I can't see Batista getting lead roles like Rock does now. Remember, rock is one of the highest grossing superstars in Hollywood at the moment. Batista still has a way to go, but is making a fair whack.

Its wrestler........oh I mean actor :o
    Roles aren`t too comparable really Rock is a lead in his roles I imagine Batista will play a goon or something in Bond with little in terms of dialogue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think Batista will have a Jaws like role in Bond as in hes not the main villain but he'll have a memorable scrap with Craig and i for one can't wait to see him in it, and acting with Christoph Waltz is going to be a great expeiriance aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

yea but the rocks film are terribly bad. Besides welcome to the jungle which was half decent i cant think of a good rock movie.
    meanwhile bootista stars in one of if not the best comic books movies ever and then lands a role in the bond franchise which is arguably the biggest franchise in movie history. fair play big dave
    Ach, I personally like Fast and Furious 5 and 6 (5 especially, incredibly fun movie), Pain & Gain, and Southland Tales a hell of a lot*. The Rock adds a lot to all of them (although I guess it's debatable whether he actually knew how hilarious he was in Southland Tales, I think he was fully aware). He's great in Be Cool too, the film's ****e though.

Batista doesn't have the look or range to do the roles the Rock gets, and I like the guy! I'd be stunned if Batista has more than a few lines of dialogue in the Bond film.

*yep, I'm the kind of film snob that likes Southland Tales and defends Michael Bay :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Batista just announced as part of the cast of the new bond film :D

dare i say it but he seems to be having a better career then the rock so far in his short stint in hollywood

What will Mr. Hollywood Miz say about this :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I like Southland Tales aswell. Its an absolute mess of a film but theres some brilliant lunacy underneath everything :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think I remember reading that the Rock did years of speech and drama (or whatever they call that in the USA) when he was young, which is why his delivery and timing were so well-honed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I like Southland Tales aswell. Its an absolute mess of a film but theres some brilliant lunacy underneath everything :pac:
    Incredibly quotable film too! :D

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Da Fuq

The large container should be filled with water like, say, a pool. Because there is nothing more hilarious than somebody being pushed into a pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Electrified Piranha death match finally makes it to WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

yea but the rocks film are terribly bad. Besides welcome to the jungle which was half decent i cant think of a good rock movie.

Faster is a really, really good revenge flick.

Fast Five is probably the best film in that franchise, a good action film in its own right.

Pain & Gain is a weirdly funny & engrossing movie.

And Fast 6 is pretty good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Beside the F&F franchise, Rock has had a few decent flicks Snitch and Walking Tall are pretty good imo

I would love to see him play an out and out villain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Beside the F&F franchise, Rock has had a few decent flicks Snitch and Walking Tall are pretty good imo

I would love to see him play an out and out villain

He'll be the villain Black Adam in the Shazam movie from DC Comics won't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Re: the Heath Slater arrest warrant. This bizarro graphic appeared online yesterday. Someone is overestimating how much the WWE job guys get paid.

B4EnROACIAAkUgS.png

Meanwhile, Heath has said this:

B3-qexlCMAAVzoP.jpg

Wwe's statement:
    “WWE has been advised that a misdemeanor arrest warrant has been issued against Heath Miller (aka Heath Slater), but we have not seen a copy or been provided with the underlying charges. Once this information is received by WWE, we will take the appropriate action.”

This was WWE's position in 2011:
    “The alleged victim is making claims against Slater individually and it’s being investigated,” said WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt to the Journal-Constitution. “This has nothing to do with the WWE.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Monokne wrote: »
    Faster is a really, really good revenge flick.

Fast Five is probably the best film in that franchise, a good action film in its own right.

Pain & Gain is a weirdly funny & engrossing movie.

And Fast 6 is pretty good too.
    Dwayyyyne is excellent in Pain & Gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Dwayyyyne is excellent in Pain & Gain.

He was the best thing in an otherwise terrible movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Grabbing that brass ring takes sacrifice according to Cesaro:

http://www.thestate.com/2014/12/05/3854091/cesaro-on-card-for-wwe-show-friday.html
    “There are a lot of guys with that aspiration,” Cesaro said, “but very few that actually make it. A lot of people say they will do anything, but don’t carry through with the necessary things to achieve that.

“I haven’t seen my family for more than a couple of hours at a time in 10 years. That’s just an example of the type of sacrifice you have to be willing to make if you want to be the best and that’s what I am. You just have to keep your mouth shut, work hard, and if you ever get to this level, then you can start talking.”

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jimmy Rel Ray passed away from a suspected heart attack overnight

the-heavenly-bodies1.JPG

Will be giving The Steiners vs Heavenly Bodies from Summerslam 1993 a watch tonight for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone interested, a new Bret Hart interview will air on Wrestle Talk tv next Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Nice one. I'll look forward to seeing that, gigantic mark for Bret Hart that I am. When was it recorded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume was last month when he was touring the UK.

Dave and Bryan are speculating that Dean Ambrose may be removed from the PPV and Reigns will take his place in the match. Again, this is speculation mind you, but apparently they're claiming that Ambrose's kayfabe injury is the rather severe crushed trachea and Reigns is ready so it would make sense.

What a way to get the hardcore fans to further turn on Reigns.

Is that for the TLC match? Jesus, that would be crazy. Giving away Reigns vs Wyatt with no build up, in a massive gimmick match.....

Is that for the TLC match? Jesus, that would be crazy. Giving away Reigns vs Wyatt with no build up, in a massive gimmick match.....

AS NO ONE ON BOARDS WATCHES SMACKDOWN :p

Very heavy angle a week and 2 days away from a PPV.

Smack.....down?

:p

The same kayfabe injury wrote Ricky Steamboat out for months

Ambrose will probably do a "Cena" on Raw and will be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »
    What a way to get the hardcore fans to further turn on Reigns.

Hmmm a returning from surgery main eventer returns in a TLC match.....think I heard this one before ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement