Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

John Cena wins person of the year.

http://bit.ly/1ur2OSD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AAA Champion Alberto El Patron signs for ROH.

4mGExZT.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Whosthis wrote: »
    John Cena wins person of the year.

http://bit.ly/1ur2OSD

I wouldn't be surprised if they mentioned it on Raw without thinking about it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Hopefully he doesn't injure himself before WrestleMania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd like to see him take on Rusev. That would be a pretty decent hard-hitting encounter probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I'd like to see him take on Rusev. That would be a pretty decent hard-hitting encounter probably.

Not enough heels around as is though, for two of them to be going at it.
    He'd be deadly with Ziggler

Well did he not say something to the effect of he'd be coming after whoever had the Intercontinental championship when he got back, because he had to vacate it when he got injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Anyone know what the story is with watching Wrestle Kingdom 9? Happy to pay but I can't see anything about GFW doing a stream here and I'm curious to hear JR/Striker on commentary (much as it'd be weird watching Japanese stuff while being able to understand the commentary) I'm sold and watching more New Japan is on the New Year's Resolutions list. Can you get the English commentary on the NJPW Network? I probably won't watch live - 7am like - but planning to watch first thing that morning and it likely won't be up in the usual places by then.

And by anyone, I mean rovert (though if anyone else has the info please share). I'd just tweet you directly but others might be interested too. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

leggo wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with watching Wrestle Kingdom 9? Happy to pay but I can't see anything about GFW doing a stream here and I'm curious to hear JR/Striker on commentary (much as it'd be weird watching Japanese stuff while being able to understand the commentary) I'm sold and watching more New Japan is on the New Year's Resolutions list. Can you get the English commentary on the NJPW Network? I probably won't watch live - 7am like - but planning to watch first thing that morning and it likely won't be up in the usual places by then.

And by anyone, I mean rovert (though if anyone else has the info please share). I'd just tweet you directly but others might be interested too. :pac:
    Here you go everything you want is in this but i think you might need chromecast or a smart tv http://411mania.com/wrestling/njpw-wrestle-kingdom-9-ppv-available-internationally-on-flipps-app/

http://www.flipps.com/

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Here you go everything you want is in this but i think you might need chromecast or a smart tv http://411mania.com/wrestling/njpw-wrestle-kingdom-9-ppv-available-internationally-on-flipps-app/

http://www.flipps.com/

Nice one, available on iPad. Cheers! :)

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/546472551665631232

John Cena should hold off on growing a goatee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »

John Cena should hold off on growing a goatee

Where was he?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where was he?

So you've never noticed?

LCwqe6k.png

In an unrelated note WWE are taping Smackdown tonight in Sioux City, Iowa - out of order technically to Monday's Raw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

rovert wrote: »
    So you've never noticed?

I think the question was - Where was D Young?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

DM_7 wrote: »

Exactly

I know they look alike

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Wasn't D Young injured?

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »

A WWE live event in Winnipeg, Canada last night.
    Wasn't D Young injured?

Hence why it is a return.

He had an ACL injury. Has been out of action since April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Might not be popular to say but I see he is wearing a NOH8 hoody. Hopefully the WWE don't push him with his homosexually been central to all he does. Let him be a PrimeTime player or something new(he has major talent) and not a gimmick, which could be argued, is basically back patting campaign for the WWE (ain't we great?).

I think the thing they do with breast cancer is great. It is very subliminal, highlights a worthy cause and doesn't really involve the wrestlers or their storylines.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Might not be popular to say but I see he is wearing a NOH8 hoody. Hopefully the WWE don't push him with his homosexually been central to all he does. Let him be a PrimeTime player or something new(he has major talent) and not a gimmick, which could be argued, is basically back patting campaign for the WWE (ain't we great?).

I think the thing they do with breast cancer is great. It is very subliminal, highlights a worthy cause and doesn't really involve the wrestlers or their storylines.

I thought it was a first for him to wear it too but Darren had worn it on WWE TV before. You & I are kind of excused as he hasn't be on TV for 8 months or so.

Darren is in a weird spot he was treading water before he was hurt after the Prime Time Players broke up. Now backthe New Day has essentially co-opted the entire WWE African American character playbook. Reforming the Prime Time Players would have been a good idea a few months ago for Darren and Titus but they would probably be told now that dancing is New Day's gimmick or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With all his time missing, he'll have to drop the "Mister No Days Off" bit now.

Reminds me a bit of the Rock in that clip.

I remember the rumour was that it was him in the bunny suit. Any word yet on when we'll see who's in the suit? And is it the same person each time or is it just some random person until they decide to do a reveal?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remember the rumour was that it was him in the bunny suit. Any word yet on when we'll see who's in the suit? And is it the same person each time or is it just some random person until they decide to do a reveal?

Mostly Sami Zayn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Young looking better now without the big hair IMO.

I dunno, a positive gay role model character (he's gay but still masculine and could kick your arse) could be good, I just don't trust WWE to have the soft strokes required to pull it off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Apart from Young, the only other names I've heard mentioned for the bunny as Zayn and Justin Gabriel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Apparently Hunico was seen in the background of a backstage fallout (I think) video wearing the costume minus the head.

• Advertisement

If that's true then they really aren't putting the effort in that they should be when making these.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement