Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/60812/former-tna-stars-receive-wwe-tryout.html?p=1
    Nick and Matt Jackson, The Young Bucks (aka former TNA stars Generation Me) were among those who received a tryout yesterday prior to Raw in Los Angeles. The duo worked matches for WWE Producers yesterday afternoon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I have to ask, what kind of pleb would bring their story to WrestleZone? Assuming this pleb in question actually exists and they didnt just make it up for a story.

The cheek! To accuse a solid, credibly, good citizen who took the time to write an article for a dirtsheet of making a story up. Surely no one is so desperate that they would fabricate stories just to get a hit or two on their site.
    Whatever is the world coming to.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This is a rather creative way to cop a feel of Trish:
    Speaking to Right After Wrestling last night, Johnny Swinger said: “I sidestepped creative and went straight to Vince. I asked for just a moment of his time and I laid out this character where I was a hermaphrodite and I would wrestle in both the male and female division. I would do a program with Trish Stratus and win the the Women’s title then go against Cena. I had angles written to go against Trish, Kane and Cena. I wanted to go to the top. I wasn’t going to pitch an idea to wrestle the first match of the night. I wanted to make money and be in the main event. I own the character…I have a patent for it so if it used on TV, I’ll get paid either way.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Just read this:
    According to PWInsider, WWE has registered the following trademarks:

Future endeavored

Future endeavor

Mr. Future Endeavor
    The last one is particularly interesting... I wonder if it's for Mr. Laurinaitis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just read this:

The last one is particularly interesting... I wonder if it's for Mr. Laurinaitis

Damn it I knew I should of trademarked Future Endeavoured it'd make a great name for a tag team imo.

Just read this:

Or Colt Cabana maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

GTR63 wrote: »
    Damn it I knew I should of trademarked Future Endeavoured it'd make a great name for a tag team imo.

On a day when we are duscussing leaving certs etc etc etc, I have to point out that this should be SHOULD HAVE.

Rumours of Brock returning to the ring or UFC just turned out to be this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

http://www.heymanhustle.com/articles/news/23-news/167315-brock-lesnar

Great article on Grantland discussing Summerslam, Raw and the "Reality Era"...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6871069/back-unreality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=60901
    SYFY PRESENTS FIRST EVER LIVE WWE® SMACKDOWN® SPECIAL ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 30 AT 8PM/ET

NEW YORK – August 18, 2011 – Syfy and WWE announced today its first ever WWE Smackdown live special, “SuperSmackdown Live,” on Tuesday, August 30 at 8-10PM/ET on Syfy, originating from the INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas.

The Tuesday night special will feature WWE’s biggest Superstars and Divas, including World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton®, Christian®, Sheamus™, Mark Henry®, Sin Cara™, Cody Rhodes™, Wade Barrett™, Daniel Bryan™, Brodus Clay™, Natalya™ and Alicia Fox™.

The special will re-air in SmackDown’s regular time slot on Friday, September 2 from 8-10PM (ET/PT).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That seems random.

Im sure there is a business reason above our heads.

But I dont think they will gain extra viewers by doing this ESPECIALLY switching nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They did a live Smackdown around Christmas time on a Tuesday. It did quite well ratings wise although it did have the Raw lads on it.

It seems WWE has a small willy syndrome with UFC's Fox deal

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=60903
    SyFy will be airing Smackdown live on Tuesday 8/30 as its usual airdate Friday 9/2 falls on Labor Day weekend. So, anticipating a poor rating for that weekend, they are airing the show live as it is taped.

WWE did something similar this past winter, airing Smackdown live on the USA Network on a weekend when the usual SyFy rating would be down due to the holidays.

Scoopz from PWInsider

All that future endvenour stuff is for Johnny Ace.

Punk IS wrestling Nash as they think will get Punk over (seriously)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

rovert wrote: »
    Rumours of Brock returning to the ring or UFC just turned out to be this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

http://www.heymanhustle.com/articles/news/23-news/167315-brock-lesnar

what a f*cking redneck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

According to Dave Meltzer's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE superstar Rey Mysterio blew out his knee again during his WWE Championship match with Alberto Del Rio on Monday Night Raw.

Meltzer reports the injury occurred during a baseball slide spot.

Mysterio already had an MRI done after he tweaked his knee a couple of weeks ago and now it looks like he'll be getting another. Worse yet, it looks like he'll have to miss some time when WWE is paper thin on star power these days.

I understand Raw was in San Diego and it's Mysterio's hometown, but he shouldn't have been wrestling there, at SummerSlam, or anywhere for at least three weeks to a month. Mysterio is a warrior, but WWE should realize by now one of its most reliable performers is one knee injury away from an early retirement.

It'll be interesting to see if this makes WWE inclined to bring back Mistico aka the original Sin Cara, following his 30-day Wellness Policy suspension that recently ended.

More notes from the Observer:

--Vince McMahon is high on the Alberto Del Rio and Ricard Rodriguez characters. Considering how successful his creation has been, I'd be happy if I were him too. McMahon is said to be beaming backstage whenever Del Rio and Rodriguez are doing their thing.

--R-Truth vs. John Morrison had to be cut a couple minutes short, due to Del Rio and Triple H going a bit long in the opening Raw segment. Lil Truth wasn't happy.

--Gail Kim, who recently quit but is not yet released, is being badmouthed backstage, since WWE Divas are apparently looked down upon when they speak up. You would think Stephanie McMahon learned about feminism in high school. Or from Linda.

--Linda McMahon is probably, definitely (oxymoron, I know) running for Connecticut Senate AGAIN. Look for hidden political messages, overly PG crapola, and potential yet subtle pro-Republican references. At least we won't have Matt Striker saying "Everyone vote Republican" this time around. Yes, he really did say that. And honestly, it doesn't matter what your views are. I don't think wrestling fans give a s*** about that stuff when they're watching, you know....wrestling.

--Most people are happy to see former Divas Champion Melina gone and feel like she was only kept because of her relationship with John Morrison. Judging by her YouTube channel, that girl got some issues....

--Melina's asking price on the indies is $3,000 plus first class travel and accommodations. That's funny because when I worked for promoters that ran conventions, I was able to book wrestlers that are much more famous and relevant than Melina for cheaper. And they were former World Champions. Good luck finding work beyond WSU with that rate, honey.

--WWE is trying to file a trademark for "future endeavored," perhaps for John Laurinaitis' "so bad it's good" on-screen character

I hate horrible re-writes of the Observer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

rovert wrote: »
    I hate horrible re-writes of the Observer.

I thought you were a big fan of the Observer?

If McMahon is high on Del Rio, that means he's probably in for a lengthy run with the title, wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion what with all the title changes of the last 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 timmydadon

tna just sacked matt hardy..all over net

Charisteas wrote: »
    I thought you were a big fan of the Observer?

Which is why I dislike horrible rewrites...

That was just copy/pasted so sorry if there was dodgy bits.

Anyway, from DH Smith's facebook....

Well I’m not one to bury any companies or people but I’m afraid I have no choice here. The WWE after great difficulty of my begging, finally sent me back “some” but not all of my familie’s possessions from the Hall of Fame/Fan axxess. This includes, my dad’s ring gear, my ring gear, owen hart’s blue blazer masks, and singlet and lots of priceless family possessions. They sent a framed picture of my dad smashed, half the other stuff missing but they threw in a Mae Young framed picture. . Then they have the nerve to call me, two weeks after firing me, sniffing around asking if they can have it back for their precious Hall of Fame/fan axxess. Even though I am expendable talent, they wouldn’t mind just keeping my family’s last remaining wrestling stuff. Anyone can feel free to post this on dirt sites as I feel the world should know about how selfish and inconsiderate the WWE truly is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Munenori Sawa of BattlARTS and ZERO-1 has retired today. He's 32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

Barrington wrote: »
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/jimrossbellspalsyattack

JR suffered another Bells Palsy attack and won't be at the Smackdown or Bragging Rights tapings.

I'm so sorry to hear that, poor JR, it's a nasty disease. Get better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Think he's doing better now, he was back on Raw last week doing commentary, he even had his hat stolen the poor guy. Although these days on Raw he's really just a wingman to Michael Cole, with Jerry Lawler as colour commentator.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Eh, Charlie, that post was from 2009...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement