Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWInsider:
    WWE is prepping a new gimmick for Adrian Neville that has been described to us as "Mighty Mouse-esque." Of course, that's the old cartoon character who was very small but very strong.

Sounds like a rib based on his large sticky out ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Oh well that's bound to be a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Mighty Mouse, that's relevant to today's youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If the bit before his entrance music isn't "Here I come to save the day!" now, I'll be very disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jesus Christ.

Does Vince actively go out of his way to ruin NXT talent just to **** with HHH?

Why not just let him be who he is on Nxt?

He's gotten better on the mic too lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This was discussed recently on Wrestling Observer. It's like they guys on NXT are broken down on purpose when they get to the main roster, kinda like " your not as good as they main guys" bullsh8t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.

Does Vince actively go out of his way to ruin NXT talent just to **** with HHH?

Why not just let him be who he is on Nxt?

He's gotten better on the mic too lately.

2014-12-12-nxt-takeover1.jpg

There's a lot to be said about this.

Do I think Vince and Kevin Dunn consciously and subconsciously sabotage NXT talent? Yes
    Does the WWE production/machine prohibit NXT talent from hitting the ground running? Yes

BUT I think people online today have interruped the Mighty Mouse thing too literally. I doubt WWE will cover up Neville's upper body with a costume. Technically Neville/PAC has always been Super Hero-ish from physique to having the moniker of "The Man That Gravity Forgot". Also people need to get away from the idea that character names and gimmicks are imposed on Wrestlers it is a far more participatory process than that. I am keeping an open mind until it actually happens and the costume. Hurricane Helms wasn't a half bad character, was over and something that sold a fair bit of merch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

It should also be noted that character development that takes place in NXT doesn't really transfer over to the main WWE audience yet. Neville is who he is now largely because of the NXT title & his feud with Sami Zayn but a large portion of the WWE audience won't have a clue about any of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Are we really sure things will change if and when HHH "takes over"?

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Are we really sure things will change if and when HHH "takes over"?

He believe so just look at NXT week to week. However managing WWE is much, much higher order and complex game as you have answer to TV Networks, advertisers and the quarterly financial reporting demands of Wall Street. His time will be just as divided as Vince McMahon along with the heavy expectations being Vince's successor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I really really hope Pac doesn't end up being a character like the Hurricane ...A walking talking piss take that no one ever took serious....yeah no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

rovert wrote: »
    He believe so just look at NXT week to week. However managing WWE is much, much higher order and complex game as you have answer to TV Networks, advertisers and the quarterly financial reporting demands of Wall Street. His time will be just as divided as Vince McMahon along with the heavy expectations being Vince's successor.
    That's what I fear. As good as intentions HHH will have, there'll be people and barriers that will stymie all that.

I really really hope Pac doesn't end up being a character like the Hurricane ...A walking talking piss take that no one ever took serious....yeah no thanks

What's his level then? He is hardly going to be a 25 minute show open promo cutting fodder main eventer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well, in a perfect world I think that Pac should be a main eventer. If it were based on in ring talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He could easily be a Jeff Hardy level superstar for me , Its not as if Jeff was gold on the mic or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

He could easily be a Jeff Hardy level superstar for me , Its not as if Jeff was gold on the mic or anything
    Jeff had absolutely tons of in-ring charisma though, a kind of laid back cool (it always seemed like he didn't NEED to wrestle in front of people and just wound up there because his brother was so into it) mixed with a fearlessness that was borderlining on reckless stupidity. Wouldn't even say Jeff was that great of a wrestler on any kind of technical level or anything, but he brought other things to the table that far better wrestlers than him can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jeff had absolutely tons of in-ring charisma though, a kind of laid back cool (it always seemed like he didn't NEED to wrestle in front of people and just wound up there because his brother was so into it) mixed with a fearlessness that was borderlining on reckless stupidity. Wouldn't even say Jeff was that great of a wrestler on any kind of technical level or anything, but he brought other things to the table that far better wrestlers than him can't.

Neville is improving rapidly on the mic and with his in ring presence imo.

His matches with Zayn have proven he can tell a great story in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Said it before, I'll say it again: Pac will have the exact same in-ring WWE career as Evan Bourne and Paul London. He'll get a bit of a run as their something cool, niche guy that can do high-flying stuff nobody has ever seen before, then people will ease on that once they've seen his A-stuff the first few times, then he'll be put in a midcard tag-team, given the belts and just told to work good matches before fading into obscurity. But who knows? He could be Jamie Noble 2k14 one day too!

I genuinely don't see him building a huge connection with the audience though and going onto regular main events. Hasn't even nearly got the crossover* charisma.

Believe it or not, the Mighty Mouse thing sounds like WWE are at least trying to get him over.

*Crossover is the key word there. Think of it like a Charlie Adam going to Liverpool, Fellaini going to United or Damo Duff going to Chelsea...they can be great when you build the entire show around them but their limitations are exposed somewhat when they have to fit into a bigger, more specific system that doesn't tailor directly to their strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Big ears and Geordie accent it doesn't matter how good he is Vince is going to rip the piss out of him.

He will a spot worker along the lines of Kofi, Bourne etc for a year or two getting other over is how I see it sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Personally I think of him as almost machine-like in the ring, everything he does is so precisely executed (which includes his crazy aerial moves) and he moves faster than any wrestler I think I've ever seen. I loved his subtle heel turn but he plays face very well too. I think he has the ice cold demeanor and the kind of unique style and moveset that could set him apart, almost a 2014 Benoit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Some parts of his matches have actually reminded me of Christ Benoit in places, actually. But that is only ever so slightly. I remain hopeful of what they could do with him. But as we were talking about in relation to Cody Rhodes here recently, he needs to make it happen as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Kevin Nash and his 18yr old son were arrested for battery. Big Sexy had blood on his face. Happy Christmas lol.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Kevin Nash and his 18yr old son were arrested for battery. Big Sexy had blood on his face. Happy Christmas lol.

His son seems a weird stoner drop out type.

Nash's next indy show is unfortunately named:

B5olDPLCUAADNnX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Well, in a perfect world I think that Pac should be a main eventer. If it were based on in ring talent.

yes but in wrestling a maineventer keeps his spot based on drawing ability otherwise someone like malenko who have been a huge star in this business

ironically neville(pac) has never been booked stronger than he is right now in wwe-nxt. he was always seen as a solid midcard hand on the uk/irish scene, in pwg and in dragongate, never a guy to carry a brand....the funny thing is if wwe use him like that on the main roster they will get s**t on by the hardcores!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ageyev wrote: »

I assume that he pulled his Quad while doing so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I assume that he pulled his Quad while doing so :pac:

while attempting the Jacknife ;)

#FreeDiesel

iQGqDY9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Looks the part too with that skint head...

Oooh #9000!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement