Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

rovert wrote: »
    #FreeDiesel

Nailz Mark II

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I think it's a fairly sad situation where any parent/child are in a bloody altercation that leads to arrest on Christmas Eve. Won't be much of a Christmas in their house...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Mighty Mouse, that's relevant to today's youth.

I read it as Danger Mouse initially, which actually is a gimmick I could have got on board with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Orton returned at Madison Square Garden last night:
    https://vine.co/v/OHjBFg6T6wn

As did Bad News Barrett in Chicago:
    B51AmU1CYAAtPYo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yes but in wrestling a maineventer keeps his spot based on drawing ability otherwise someone like malenko who have been a huge star in this business

ironically neville(pac) has never been booked stronger than he is right now in wwe-nxt. he was always seen as a solid midcard hand on the uk/irish scene, in pwg and in dragongate, never a guy to carry a brand....the funny thing is if wwe use him like that on the main roster they will get s**t on by the hardcores!
    I always wonder about drawing ability. It is obvious in some cases who people are tuning in to watch on shows, but how do WWE determine it for themselves, "the draw"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I always wonder about drawing ability. It is obvious in some cases who people are tuning in to watch on shows, but how do WWE determine it for themselves, "the draw"?

Loads of elements really, crowd reactions, merch sales, they look at the rating figures they do in each quarters,what is that particular guys audience, how marketable they are regarding media work, and if headlining the money they make on PPV.

Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, The Usos, Kane, and the Dusts will not be on Raw Monday because there's a house show the same night.

If you remember it was the same deal last year. That was the episode were Daniel Bryan wrestled for about an hour wrestling the Wyatts back to back in a Gaunlet. He ended the night joining the Wyatt Family. Yisser all were annoyed. :P

So expect long matches I guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Cena v Rollins again so?

A Big Show face turn would fill time. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

As long as Cena is there, it doesn't matter who isn't there.

Cena Cena Cena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

DM_7 wrote: »
    Cena v Rollins again so?

In a 60 minute Iron Man match. Cena wins 4-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Orton returned at Madison Square Garden last night:
    https://vine.co/v/OHjBFg6T6wn

As did Bad News Barrett in Chicago:
    B51AmU1CYAAtPYo.jpg

Just a thought. Would it have been so hard for WWE to put that show live on the Network? New Japan are showing live house shows on theirs. And MSG is a big deal.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Cena v Rollins again so?

Ziggler wrestling for pure ages and an awkward Roman Reigns promo please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Loads of elements really, crowd reactions, merch sales, they look at the rating figures they do in each quarters,what is that particular guys audience, how marketable they are regarding media work, and if headlining the money they make on PPV.

to add houseshow ticket sales and in recent years social media numbers (which i think is a little flawed but wwe take huge significance in them).

richmond (where the houseshow is taking place monday) is about a 90 minute drive from washington so they could technically put reigns/ambrose/wyatt on first at 7.30pm and have them on raw later that night

brock, orton, edge/christian, ascension are all scheduled for raw this monday so expect to see alot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Looks the part too with that skint head...

Oooh #9000!!!

-wGVfYoLseY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

This clip seems to be getting some very negative feedback on Facebook today, most especially from ppl who no longer watch wrestling anymore.
    personally I saw the funny side of it and thought it was some comic relief

Yeah I had no beef with that at all. Ultimately it was a brief bit of silliness between some lower card workers, who for the most part were comedy acts.

People take wrestling to seriously at times.

Completely disrespectful to the people who built this business like Scotty 2 Hotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Somewhere, Cornette is having a stroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Just a thought. Would it have been so hard for WWE to put that show live on the Network? New Japan are showing live house shows on theirs. And MSG is a big deal.
    It costs them a lot of money to run Madison Square Garden and even more to film it because they have to use union workers.

• Advertisement

The source is various newzsites but still:
    We have knowledge that the next NXT special will air before WrestleMania, making the dates of March 5 or March 12 possible for the big event.

The next NXT special is set to be headlined by Sami Zayn defending against Kevin Owens. There are rumours circulating that Tyson Kidd and Cesaro may be feuding with Itami and Balor, therefore that match could also take place at the event.

http://www.pwmscoops.com/breaking-news/the-future-is-now-details-on-the-next-nxt-ppv

simpsons09_09.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Do they really want the NXTers once again outshining the main guys :P

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Do they really want the NXTers once again outshining the main guys :P

Opens up the possibility of Balor vs Cesaro on the TV shows leading up to the event too. As well as other cool permutations. Kidd vs Itami would be really good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Opens up the possibility of Balor vs Cesaro on the TV shows leading up to the event too. As well as other cool permutations. Kidd vs Itami would be really good too.

I was just thinking I'd rather them break it into those individual matches for the special. Cesaro/Bálor in particular is mouthwatering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Rjd2 wrote: »
    So does that mean John Cena is generally at the top of all of those figures and statistics?

So does that mean John Cena is generally at the top of all of those figures and statistics?

Pretty much yeah, new t shirt every week,always around the main event scene and features more often than all in the big raw quarters, rushed back from every injury, does the most high profile media work, yeah the guy is still the man.

Its why, all talk of him turning heel is pointless, it can't happen unless someone like Reigns can be the man like he has been.

Ageyev wrote: »
    It costs them a lot of money to run Madison Square Garden and even more to film it because they have to use union workers.

It wouldn't cost that much. They own cameras and have cameramen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

It wouldn't cost that much. They own cameras and have cameramen.

It doesn't work that way.

They would have to pay many different workers unions different fees to set up properly for filming and broadcast and these costs increase yearly.

That's why they run Raw now from Brooklyn or New Jersey. Just works out a lot cheaper.

I'm sure they can afford it now and then, even if it's a 3 camera setup. Live shows on the Network would surely increase subscribers. And they are in desperate need of more. I'm sure they have considered this by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I'm sure they can afford it now and then, even if it's a 3 camera setup. Live shows on the Network would surely increase subscribers. And they are in desperate need of more. I'm sure they have considered this by now.

But aren't house shows considered to run against story lines to try out different match ups and such?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement