Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

– As announced last week, the WWE live event that was scheduled for today in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada was canceled. KamloopsNews.ca provided the following explanation: “The SmackDown World Tour scheduled for Sunday at Interior Savings Centre has been cancelled. A spokesman for WWE said Thursday that the event had to be scrapped for logistical reasons. The company presents at least eight events per week and sometimes encounters “routing” difficulties between cities. Getting from Tacoma to Kamloops became an issue. Full refunds for the World Wrestling Entertainment event are available at the point of purchase.”

– The original Sin Cara returned to action at last night’s WWE SmackDown! live event in Tacoma, Washington, as Daniel reported last night. He defeated Tyson Kidd with the Spanish Fly. For what it’s worth, one fan in attendance noted that it looked as if Cara was rocking a blond mo-hawk under the mask.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Listing for a new Ladder match DVD coming out, including an OVW Divas match :O

CONTENTS:
    The Evolution of the Ladder Match

Ladder Match for the Undisputed Intercontinental Championship
    Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon
    WrestleMania X 20th March, 1994

Ladder Match
    Tracy Smothers vs. Chris Candido
    Smoky Mountain Wrestling March, 1994

Ladder Match for the WCW United States Championship
    Eddie Guerrero vs. Syxx
    n.W.o Souled Out 25th January, 1997

Ladder Match for the Hardcore Championship
    Mankind vs. Big Boss Man
    Raw 30th November, 1998

Ladder Match for the WWE Championship
    The Rock vs. Mankind
    Raw 15th February, 1999

Setting the Bar for Drama

Handicap Ladder Match for Control of the WWE
    Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
    King of the Ring 27th June, 1999

Ladder Match
    3 Count vs. Jung Dragons
    New Blood Rising 13th August, 2000

Amazing Rewards, Serious Consequences

Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
    Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz
    Raw 25th September, 2000

A Whole ‘nother Level

Ladder Match to Unify the Intercontinental & European Championships
    Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy
    Raw 22nd July, 2002

Team Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri
    Judgment Day 18th May, 2003

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    Christian vs. Rob Van Dam
    Raw 29th September, 2003

Different Side of the Divas

Ladder Match for the Undisputed OVW Women’s Championship
    Katie Lea vs. Beth Phoenix
    OVW 23rd December, 2006

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
    Mr. Kennedy vs. CM Punk vs. Edge vs. Finlay vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy vs. King Booker vs. Randy Orton
    WrestleMania 23 1st April, 2007

The More The Merrier

The Hardys vs. The World’s Greatest Tag Team
    One Night Stand 3rd June, 2007

Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito
    Raw 10th December, 2007

“Somebody Else’s Yard”

TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Undertaker vs. Edge
    One Night Stand 1st June, 2008

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
    No Mercy 5th October, 2008

CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Finlay vs. Christian
    WrestleMania 25 5th April, 2009

“Brand New Concept”

The Miz vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Evan Bourne vs. Ted DiBiase vs. John Morrison vs. Edge vs. Mark Henry
    Money in the Bank 18th July, 2010

#1 Contender’s Ladder Match for the WWE Championship
    John Morrison vs. Sheamus
    TLC 19th December, 2010

Ladder Match for the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship
    Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio
    Extreme Rules 1st May, 2011

“Action Packed, Innovative, and Dangerous”

Blu-Ray Exclusive Matches

Ladder Match for World Heavyweight Championship
    Edge vs. Jeff Hardy
    Extreme Rules 7th June, 2009

Ladder Match for the ECW Championship
    Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin
    TLC 13th December, 2009

TLC Match for WWE Championship
    The Miz vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler
    Raw 29th November, 2010

Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger
    TLC 19th December, 2010

Tarver on Cena...

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Michael_Tarver_Speaks_Out_On_John_Cena_The_Nexus_Debut_What_Went_Wrong.html

His opinion on John Cena:

"Professionally, I have the up most respect for John Cena. I think John Cena is the face of the company and should be the fact of the company because there is no one there that can do it the way he does it. John Cena is who he is for a reason, I’ve never seen anyone work as hard as he does and the man is working (between) 5 and 7 days a week for WWE, Basically he is WWE. Personally, I don’t really care for him but it doesn’t matter if I care for him."

His side of the story about John Cena purposely injuring him with a chair:

"That night, David Otunga and I knew that we were taking chair shots and we knew when we were taking them, something of that magnitude can be dangerous and we were prepared for it. I had my reservations about it because on an independent show in 2005, a guy I was working with hurt me pretty bad with a chair, hitting me in the back of the head and necking leading to me being temporally unconscious and paralyzed for 45 minutes so I had reservations about taking chair shots. (During the segment), I look over and see David Otunga taking his shot and it sounded like it was a lot harder than it show have been so as I prepared for mine, I felt it and it felt like he was trying to swing for a home run so I dropped out and I wasn’t selling it because I was legit hurt. As I’m laying there, I see David Otunga taking multiple chair shots, more than the one that we were told we were taking so when I saw that I decided to get out of there because I was thinking about what happened in 2005 and when I get up, I see part of a chair swinging towards me and I put my left arm up to protect myself.

"Now before I continue, when you are in a situation like that in pro wrestling/sports entertainment and you know there is something that dangerous planned, there is no reason for you to have to protect yourself in that way from being legitimate hurt. There is a reason to protect yourself in a match to get that part over but to protect yourself like if you were getting shot at is something different. I’m not trying to say Cena was trying to maliciously hurt me, I’m just saying he wasn’t being very careful. So when he swung the chair, and I put my arm up to project myself, the point of the chair caught my left arm and immediately felt bones crack and knew something was seriously wrong so I ran because I wasn’t going to take another shot as I knew I couldn’t protect myself.

"I get backstage and its customary being a rookie, being as it is entertainment and we work together, for you to shake hands and thank the person, especially someone like John Cena, to shake his hand and thank him for that experience because he didn’t have to work with me or any of us for that matter. I’m in the back and I’m kicking all the trash cans and I’m angry and I’m trying not to yell because I didn’t want to lose my job. As he came back, I put my hand out and said “Thank You” and he just looked at me and walked past and of course I was even more angry. He made it about five more steps, looked over his shoulder, laughed and said “How’s the arm?” and I said “It’s fine” and he laughed again and walked off."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Rey Mysterio via Twitter:

"Need to have surgery again! Sorry4 the let down! Promise to make it back as soon as possible!Gonna miss what I luv most-ENTERTAINING U's!. Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts & prayers! The good vibes give me faith & makes me stronger! 4real, 1luv-619"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Jim Ross has been answering numerous fan questions via Twitter today. Here are some of his responses:

Mike Chioda's Suspension: "No idea. Why is this info people need to know. I don't think a ref would use steroids. Don't know. None of my biz."

Matt Hardy's WWE Return: "Not my call but a guess would be not likely."

Vince's Rehab Offer To The Hardy's: "How do u know he hasn't?"

Best Tag-Team Rivalry: "Brisco Brothers vs Funks."

Scariest Match He's Ever Called: "Easy...Owen Hart's untimely death."

Issues w/ Michael Cole: "None whatsoever."

Chris Benoit To WWE Hall of Fame: "IMO, no."

'Taker's WrestleMania Streak: "Said many times, don't think Taker ever loses @ WM." Ditto JR!

CM Punk/Chris Jericho Feud: "Would be money."

WWE Tag-Team Division: "Under performing."

Kevin Nash's WWE Role: "TBD...don't know...stay tuned."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Guess I'll share this cool picture here:

wr0008.jpg

PWInsider is reporting Todd Grisham finished his tenure with tonight's NXT TV Taping as he has left WWE for a position with ESPN. Over the past year Grisham has had his responsibilities and on screen appearances decreased.

Grisham, who also did regular play by play for soccer events on FOX Sports, had been with WWE from 2004 on in different roles, including backstage interviewer, lead announcer for ECW on Sci Fi and a number of now-defunct WWE broadcasts, including Byte This, Sunday Night Heat and The Bottom Line.

On his Twitter account, William Regal wrote that he wished Grisham well and thanked him for all his help with Regal's commentary work on WWE NXT.

Shame. I always liked him. Not the greatest but always enthusiastic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I always liked him purely for his enthusiasm. Was watching the 3-disc Ladder match he presented over the weekend and did get to wondering where he has gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I liked Todd overall.

Slightly Blues Clues in his presenting style tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

There's a new pro wrestling drama headed to NBC - and WWE star Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson will be one of the Executive Producers for the project, along with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Jerry Bruckheimer Television in association with Warner Bros. Television have sold a the one-hour "fictional wrestling drama" based in the 1980s to NBC.

• Advertisement

Said it before and will say again...I've always wondered why someone didn't try and "drama-tize" wrestling and do a show like that...

Said it before and will say again...I've always wondered why someone didn't try and "drama-tize" wrestling and do a show like that...

They have but it they never got it over the ground.

Poster of the first Chikara PPV coming 13th November:

tumblr_lqg78gHWV31qe2ybqo1_500.jpg

Love the logo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    Poster of the first Chikara PPV coming 13th November:

tumblr_lqg78gHWV31qe2ybqo1_500.jpg

Love the logo

Kinda reminds me of a Mortal Kombat poster :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That is easily one of the worst posters I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Christ Almighty I could do better than that in 10 minutes, they didn't even trim the images of the wrestlers, you can still see the white around them! Terrible!

Normally their graphic design is top notch. I just liked the logo and credits.

Recent DVD covert
    Chikara-King-Of-Trios-2011-Night-3-2011--Front-Cover-53912.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Normally their graphic design is top notch. I just liked the logo and credits.

Recent DVD covert
    Chikara-King-Of-Trios-2011-Night-3-2011--Front-Cover-53912.jpg

More than meets the eye :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Mick Foley tweeted that he is adding two Irish dates to his comedy tour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

that's ****ing phenomenal :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Perfect Boards meet up ha. Wonder where will he play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Laughter Lounge on the Quays, or maybe wicklow st. one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Wonder where will he play?

Foley's Bar :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Laughter Lounge on the Quays, or maybe wicklow st. one?

It has to be The Laughter Lounge, I can't think of any other spot. Vicar Street would be too big for two nights.

I'll be doing my best to get us a second interview with him!

Speaking of Foley he looks happier and younger than Ive seen him in ages here:

Weight loss & the hair dye helps.

On the comedy gig front dont expect a comedy comedy show he mainly tells storys from his books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That is easily one of the worst posters I've ever seen.
    Not seen the Night of Champions poster yet then?

On the comedy gig front dont expect a comedy comedy show he mainly tells storys from his books.

Still would be worth it though. Maybe he could do a Belfast date aswell so one in dublin and one in belfast. Maybe he could do the Button Factory either

Still would be worth it though.

Ah yeah of course it would.

The other thing I heard was Foley always goes well over time on his set as he gets so caught in his stories. So in other words this wont be some rip off "Mick Foley & Friends" show where Mick is only on for 10 minutes or something while ****e comedians pad out the rest of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wonder will he bring up wrestlezone ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

CMpunked wrote: »
    Wonder will he bring up wrestlezone ireland...

Da dum dum tisch:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement