Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Absolutely agree with you.

A singles match outside of the top few is guaranteed to be cut to oblivion on the day, even if the majority of those matches really SHOULD be as short as possible (Sting, Taker, and the combo of Reigns and Brock really aren't up to having long matches).

The extreme rules ppv is in for a treat so.
    Similar to Bryan vs. Sheamus a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

ERG89 wrote: »
    The extreme rules ppv is in for a treat so.
    Similar to Bryan vs. Sheamus a few years ago

Dolph Ziggler to be beaten in 15 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Dolph Ziggler to be beaten in 15 seconds.

No a great match on a B PPV that should have taken place at Mania.
    WWE will probably be frustrated when they realise one of them has to go over at the end of the day though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ERG89 wrote: »
    No a great match on a B PPV that should have taken place at Mania.
    WWE will probably be frustrated when they realise one of them has to go over at the end of the day though.

Obviously the logical way to end the match would be for the Authorithy to send Kane out to cause a no contest. /WWE Booking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

According to Rajah:

"WWE have made a new rule that talent and office people and talent and production people are not allowed to date each other. They do not want talent and staff interaction past a professional level.

Well there's Rosa screwed. Poor Micheal Hayes.

On a serious note tho. Is this even legal? Surely this can't be true

So Triple H and Stephanie are at least partly responsible for this rule? The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

Given the "independent contractor" status of in-ring talent I can't imagine WWE being on rock solid ground with this rule, but any punishment for talent would likely be in the usual form of a fall down the card for "creative reasons" rather than being linked directly to an unapproved liason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Absolutely ridiculous about the no dating other talent or staff rule! Not only is it highly hypocritical but it is also going to make it a lot tougher for talent to find meaningful relationships. They are on the road 5 days a week in different places so how the hell are they supposed to meet someone outside of WWE like that? Insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous about the no dating other talent or staff rule! Not only is it highly hypocritical but it is also going to make it a lot tougher for talent to find meaningful relationships. They are on the road 5 days a week in different places so how the hell are they supposed to meet someone outside of WWE like that? Insane!

Pretty sure it's only production,creative and executives,they can still date other wrestlers if they want too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Is it not that talent and staff are not allowed to date each other? But talent can still date talent and staff can date staff?

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's only production,creative and executives,they can still date other wrestlers if they want too.
    Pentecost wrote: »
    Is it not that talent and staff are not allowed to date each other? But talent can still date talent and staff can date staff?
    Yup I read it wrong! My bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lucky for HHH that rule wasn't around in 1999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Considering the amount of talent already married to each other they'd have had an awkward time with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That seals it then. Never taking a job with WWE unless it's as an onscreen talent. Imagine having to turn down those Divas all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Pentecost wrote: »
    That seals it then. Never taking a job with WWE unless it's as an onscreen talent. Imagine having to turn down those Divas all the time?

Yeah I'd say the lads working on WWE.com are constantly having to turn down the advances from Divas. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Drew McIntyre has debuted for TNA

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Drew McIntyre has debuted for TNA

Drew McIntyre has just turned face and then heel in TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bluftoni

rovert wrote: »
    WWE is pushing this hard:

What will TripleH say on RAW that will "shake WWE to the core?"

They're turning Goldberg heel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Oh please just fúck off Hogan. Please. For the love of God!

Hulk Hogan recently spoke about the possibility of one last match with WWE. Here are the highlights…

On his Current Health:

“My back is straightened out after nine back surgeries, everything seems to be on track and working really well.”

On A Final WWE Match Happening:

“I got some advice from a wise man, his name is Vince McMahon and he said, ‘Never, say never.’ I’m back home in the WWE, this is where I started, I’m home and to end the legacy and put the period on the end of the sentence I am training right now like I’m getting ready for the WWE Championship. You just never know when Hulk Hogan is going to tear the house down. It could be any time, it could be anywhere. I am training and getting ready for my last match, my last run or my retirement match. It’s not over until the fat lady sings and I haven’t put the period at the end of the sentence yet.”

On a Possible Match at WrestleMania 31:

“If it happened I would want it to be the greatest match of all time, of course … If it’s the end of my career and a huge emotional send-off that would be great, or if it’s the beginning of another huge run for Hulkamania and me chasing the dream of winning the WWE title, that would be brilliant. I’m thinking very positively about getting back in the ring.”

Credit: contactmusic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

3 stories

PW.net reports that former head writer Brian Gewirtz is still contributing to WWE. Gewirtz, who was taking out of the writing spot in 2012, was backstage at the Rumble and continues to work as a consultant for the company, sending feedback on WWE TV to the company.

Gewirtz reportedly spends roughly one day a month working in-person for WWE and continues to write The Rock’s promos whenever he appears for the company. Gewirtz worked closely with Rock over the years and contributed to a lot of his promos.

Randy Orton is advertised for Monday’s episode of Raw, but according to the Wrestling Observer his status for the show is still uncertain. WWE has been pulling him from several advertised shows in order to delay his start for reasons.

– Jerry Lawler is stepping into the ring for a match tomorrow night in Memphis, Tennessee. Lance Russell and Dave Brown are reuniting as announcers for the match, which will take place during the halftime of the Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder NBA game as part of “Memphis Wrestling Night.”

How the hell is Lawlor still cleared by any promoter at his age?

Gerry Rio wrote: »

He was against Steen in his final ever match before heading to WWE and he looked decent in it. I have no clue though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lawlor is Memphis Wrestling.

Lawlor is Memphis Wrestling.

I know, but even the venue's health and safety insurance policy should rule out things like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I know, but even the venue's health and safety insurance policy should rule out things like this.

True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

I don't know it's really a wonder alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Negotiations between Rey Mysterio and WWE are said to be almost done and Rey could have his official release from the company soon.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0130/589040/backstage-update-on-rey-mysterio-wwe-negotiations-and-post-wwe/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The thought on whether Brock will leave WWE for MMA after Wrestlemania has kind of changed this week. Firstly he was booked for heroically at the Rumble, then the news that the Network hit the million mark which may mean that WWE will likely have to money to keep him and now this interview:

Also Brock is
    booked on WWE TV passed Wrestlemania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Don't be getting my hopes up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DM_7 wrote: »
    Don't be getting my hopes up

There's a HUGE babyface run left for him if he stays.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

rovert wrote: »
    There's a HUGE babyface run left for him if he stays.

I agree and they are either positioning him as one or testing it out.

All they need to do is create some heels everyone hates. If only they had someone like that.

Roman-Reigns.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The old Big Show/Lesnar turn with Heyman isn't an unlikely scenario for WrestleMania. In some ways it might be ideal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement