Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Does no one remember how crap a babyface he was?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Does no one remember how crap a babyface he was?

Still would rather him as the number one face than Reigns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    I don't know it's really a wonder alright.

Oh grow up :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lads leave it out, don't want to have to give out warnings for bullplop like this. If you don't like someones post, thread, pm whatever report it with the report post function on said post, thread, pm or whatever. if on thread bickering continues then it won't be a formal warning like this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kept out of that, BH. But Lawler's heart is more than grand for someone his age. He never drank or did recreational drugs. Not sure if he ever did Steriods but whatever. He's a fierce fan of fried food but that's is primary vice health wise. His heath issue a freak occurrence owing to where Ziggler knees landed and him not probably cooling down properly instead he went back to the announce desk of a live Network TV show.

It is rare a commission doctor bars a wrestler from wrestling the only two examples I can remember is a morbidly obese Yokozuna and the hard partying, roid head Road Warrior Hawk. A blood red faced and sweaty Ric Flair passed the WWE medical last year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I think you're dealing in some absolutes with Lawler's health there! For his relative size and age, he's always going to have quite a high risk from now, especially with the previous incident. He would tick-box quite a few items in a standard cardio-screening test straight away.

But good on him if he's still able to wrestle, must be a nice feeling and perhaps will serve to reinvigorate him a little, although that's perhaps too much wishful thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Definitely think one or two other posters should cool their own jets, but anywho.

Look, if Lawler wants to risk his health in the ring more power to him to be honest. Might as well go out doing what you love no? It must be terrible to have to retire from doing the thing you love the most so I can see why he still goes on. But you have to wonder is he going to kill himself doing it? The man isn't in shape (unless you call round in shape) and looks very sickly at times.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I think you're dealing in some absolutes with Lawler's health there! For his relative size and age, he's always going to have quite a high risk from now, especially with the previous incident. He would tick-box quite a few items in a standard cardio-screening test straight away.

But good on him if he's still able to wrestle, must be a nice feeling and perhaps will serve to reinvigorate him a little, although that's perhaps too much wishful thinking.

He was still able to pass WWE tests. Him never Wrestling for WWE again is a Vince McMahon/Kevin Dunn call.

The idea that no doctor would pass him is silly to the extreme.

Jerry Lawler wrestled half time at Memphis Grizzlies game:

Legendary Memphis announce team Lance Russell and Dave Brown calling the match is the biggest aspect of it. Lance is 88 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

rovert wrote: »
    He was still able to pass WWE tests. Him never Wrestling for WWE again is a Vince McMahon/Kevin Dunn call.

The idea that no doctor would pass him is silly to the extreme.

I'm not saying no doctor would pass him, nor that he wouldn't pass WWE tests, it just means they must have an extremely low threshold to pass people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Amazed so many lads on this board have access to Jerry Lawler's personal medical records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

There was a mistake in the showing of Daniel Bryans interview on a replay edition. Here it is. Not earth shattering but interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There was a mistake in the showing of Daniel Bryans interview on a replay edition. Here it is. Not earth shattering but interesting

Blocked! Can you give us the gist of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

WATCH IT QUICK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Blocked! Can you give us the gist of it?

In case its taken down again

After the interview concludes he turns to someone off camera and asks if this take was ok, says about using the term pro wrestler even though it was wrote like that to his surprise in the first draft of the script to which the guy (now in shot) replies that he rewrote it in WWE speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wonder what the backstage reaction would be if Bryan just randomly showed up one day clean shaved and with short hair and said absolutely nothing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I wonder what the backstage reaction would be if Bryan just randomly showed up one day clean shaved and with short hair and said absolutely nothing about it.

Would he be allowed? Well, of course he'd be allowed but would he need to run it by WWE first? I'm guessing they've got a load of Daniel Bryan beard merchandise to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would he be allowed? Well, of course he'd be allowed but would he need to run it by WWE first? I'm guessing they've got a load of Daniel Bryan beard merchandise to sell.

I doubt he would do it without permission, but if he did, what could WWE do? He is far too popular to outright release while we seen last year what happens when they try to push him down the card. Trying to punish him would just lead to a backlash from the fans who are never going to turn on Bryan.

I think only Lesnar and Cena are in a more bullet proof position than he is right now.

Again, not saying it will happen but would be curious to see the reaction if it did.

Irish women winning Championships I hope this trend continues.

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/562366478859898880

First women's title for an Irish promotion if I am correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seth Rollins on working with Brock Lesnar.
    He’s a special case. I’ve been wrestling for ten years, and been in the ring with a lot of strong, fast guys. I’ve never been in the ring with someone who has the combination of speed and power of Brock Lesnar. He’s maybe the freakiest athlete I’ve seen in my whole life. You don’t fully understand until you’re in his reach. It’s a humbling feeling.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/seth-rollins-says-working-with-brock-lesnar-is-humbling/

• Advertisement

This week's Lucha Underground:

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/563186894109171715

El Patron is running the Queen Vic. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Lads, imagine the accents in the promos
    8huiHE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

If they got Azealia Banks in Lana's corner it would be money!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

A long read, too much to paste in here, but this is a wonderful very recent interview with Jake The Snake about his new documentary

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wwf-wrestler-jake-snake-roberts-story-resurrection-wanted/story?id=28675399

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just watching Jake, Scott & DDP on Larry King Now and I have to say DDP looks in a worse state than Jake & Scott. (DDP is 58 wow not looking bad at all then)

They are on promoting “The Resurrection of Jake 'The Snake' Roberts” at Sundance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The hugely respected hard working excellent Ryan Clarke :p has called out metsfan4Ever "WWE insider"

Its on now chaps.
    eddit user MetsFan4Ever, a "verified WWE insider" who has broke news in the past, has said that Roman Reigns will win his match with Daniel Bryan at WWE Fast Lane and face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. The only reason the Reigns/Bryan match was made, according to MetsFan4Ever, is so WWE can "please the marks” while getting Reigns over. They "will stick with their plan regardless of how the fans react" because Reigns vs Lesnar is the planned main event of WrestleMania 31.

He also says that WWE knows people will watch WrestleMania regardless of the card. He said he was told "they could book Doink the Clown vs Brock Lesnar" and fans would still watch because WrestleMania is bigger than anyone on the show.

All of this stuff seems pretty obvious if you've been following our sites. We are starting to have serious doubts about whether or not this "MetsFan4Ever" guy is just some random fan making guesses and posting them as "exclusive backstage news" on Reddit. Many posters on Reddit are starting to feel the same way and have been calling him out as of late.

Even though Reigns is expected to go over at Fast Lane, Bryan was picked to get him ready for WrestleMania. Bryan is considered one of the most physical wrestlers on the roster and can prepare Reigns for a match with Lesnar according to MetsFan4Ever.

kettlecallingpotblack.jpg

Could be just a weird pic but Tamina (Lina) looks different these days:

http://instagram.com/p/yxV15aLhW8/

Tamina Snuka posted on Instagram that she is back in the gym working out following her knee surgery last year. Lina Fanene is a NXT trainee. They are both similarly sized and probably more threatening that The Ascension. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Forgot she was still on the roster, I'd wonder if she wasn't related to The Rock would she have been shown the door ages ago, she has never been much cop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

"Knee surgery" sure thing!

• Advertisement

A serious WTF and red flags all over the place:

Marrying a Japanese business man that doesn't speak much English, moving to back to the US, Lucha Underground and having babies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement