Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

briany wrote: »
    Did Meltzer mention the source of his information or is it more of a general 'being around the business thing'?

This'll be the biggest story in wrestling for the week or so. Jericho or Stone Cold can't say anything on their podcasts because they're kind of affiliated with WWE. I wonder which podcast will run with it?

Is JR's podcast affiliated with WWE? He could cover it if not. Did Meltzer and Alvarez do a podcast on it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Did Meltzer mention the source of his information or is it more of a general 'being around the business thing'?

"Oliver knows"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »
    PWInsider says there's no heat on him. It was a hack and the pictures were posted on several social media accounts a number of times. Seth deleted what he could. WWE sent out a memo to all employees not to talk about it in respect of Seth.

Didn't you suggest there was nude pics of Lana last week?
    Mortifying for Seth though no chance of no gossiping about it. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Ya have to feel just a little bit sorry for the chap. Is he a prick for cheating? Most definitely but all the same the mistake is going to set him back at least a year. Just really poor timing. He is too good to not feel sorry for the chap.

I always did think Seth reminded me of Edge :p more so now and his affair with Lita didn't damage his career of course I don't think there was leaked nude pictures of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ERG89 wrote: »
    Didn't you suggest there was nude pics of Lana last week?

Jaysus mate. Do I have to google image "Lana nudez" or "CJ Perry nudez" for you or something. :p

BEFORE WWE she did a lot of modelling work. WWE hires are asked to disclose it in their application with WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And what Glorious modelling work it was

At the start of the Triple H conference call, he noted the Seth Rollins situation, noting Colby Lopez (Rollins' real name) has apologized and that it was an "unfortunate personal situation.".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When do these conference calls happen Rovert ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    When do these conference calls happen Rovert ?

The day before every NXT Special:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94232600&postcount=187

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Is that an actual story from the Observer?

I don't trust Rajah for anything at all.

"The plan at the moment is a three-way with Lesnar, Reigns and Bryan for Wrestlemania" is more or less what he has said on his podcast. Reitterated it last night after Raw, says that "people who need to know know it is a three-way".
    Meltzer thinks it's true.

Never heard him say this nor have I read it. Got a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

Ageyev wrote: »

No, no link. I think he said it twice on different shows and Bryan Alvarez agrees. You have to dig through a lot of Wrestling Observer Radio/ Figure Four Online between now and when Macho Man died to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah I saw the link on boards, maybe in this thread, just a couple months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

His. Rollins seemed to be seeing or saw other women besides his fiance and Zahra too. Seth and Zahra are in a wrestler/musician clique than is known for shagging around.

Christ, how seedy. He's not going to get the bullet but this isn't the image that the brass will want from one of their top lads. He's going to be knocked down the ladder a bit unfortunately.

All this being said, and I do sympathise with his fiance, but this is what I can't stand about social media. I'd love to hear the justification from the hacker as to why what Seth did required humiliation in front of the world as well as hurting a career that he's literally given his blood for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Christ, how seedy. He's not going to get the bullet but this isn't the image that the brass will want from one of their top lads. He's going to be knocked down the ladder a bit unfortunately.

Seedy? This isn't the 50s. You're either very naive or trying to make this look worse than it is.

He's a young rising start in sports and/or entertainment who had a bit of extra giggitty that resulted in a naughty photo being posted online. If it were Cena it would be a problem, but this is barely a blip on the radar in terms of American celebrity culture. If anything, it's free press.

orestes wrote: »
    Seedy? This isn't the 50s. You're either very naive or trying to make this look worse than it is.

He's a young rising start in sports and/or entertainment who had a bit of extra giggitty that resulted in a naughty photo being posted online. If it were Cena it would be a problem, but this is barely a blip on the radar in terms of American celebrity culture. If anything, it's free press.

With you on this. Obviously Rollins is higher profile but Titus O'Neil and Matt Striker accidentally tweeted dick pics and nothing was said.

America and Ireland are pretty different cultures for a host of reasons from it being so big and being ahead of us cultural advancement wise. So we need to kind of step outside of ourselves a bit.

Zahra on the other hand I don't know. She open to criticism of sleeping her way to the top etc. And she's a woman (expendable) in WWE. She didn't have a stellar reputation before this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

orestes wrote: »

I'm not referring to the photos, please read the post I quoted. Namely the apparent clique him and Zahra are a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Meltzer thinks it's true.

Dave is full of shít. Brad Meltzer is legit tho :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Meltzer is no sesscoops.com that's for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Whether its deserved or not, I guess this means WWE's disciplinary policy* will come into effect.

*WWE disciplinary policy means that tame private life activities, shaking someone's hand the wrong way etc means immediate demotion to Sunday Night Heat jobbing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Rollins will be okay nothing will happen to him.

Zahra, now that be interesting, will they cut the losses with her cause Diva's are plenty a dozen and I'm sure they find some with Tats. Her rep with some of the other diva's backstage at NXT might be a little iffy when they bring their boyfriends around :pac:. She be seen as a homewrecker. I see her been kicked out to be honest. She's hot but there are plenty of hot wrestling women with tats out there.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    Zahra, now that be interesting, will they cut the losses with her cause Diva's are plenty a dozen and I'm sure they find some with Tats. Her rep with some of the other diva's backstage at NXT might be a little iffy when they bring their boyfriends around :pac:. She be seen as a homewrecker. I see her been kicked out to be honest. She's hot but there are plenty of hot wrestling women with tats out there.

Actually seemingly have signed another tattoo'd girl Mal Levy:

http://instagram.com/p/yfyjuLqN5t/?modal=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Meltzer is no sesscoops.com that's for sure

Its all about metsfan4ever these days. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Actually seemingly have signed another tattoo'd girl Mal Levy:

http://instagram.com/p/yfyjuLqN5t/?modal=true

There you go and she's actually better looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

H opened the NXT conf. call by addressing the Rollins dick pic. He used Seth's shoot name said it's a private matter that has been dealt with.

There's another potential WWE PR ****storm:
    Darren Young has posted a criticism on Twitter of WWE’s tour of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. Homosexuality is a crime and punishable by jail sentences. He wrote:

Why do we bring the best entertainment into a country like abu dhabi and they look down upon women and gays? I get it! #MillionsofDollars

The post has since been deleted.

For more developments:
    https://twitter.com/DarrenYoungWWE/with_replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

Can't sleep so I Googled "Stephanie McMahon + Macho Man" and found this on the first page. The audio clip first aired in 2009 and I think they discussed it more intensively after he died in 2011. I remember listening to this in 2009 and it was the first time I heard about the rumour.

There's another potential WWE PR ****storm:

I dunno, that could be good worldwide PR. Oil rich countries with backwards views like UAE and Qatar tend to be seen as the big bad guys of the globe and, despite WWE running shows in those places, we know one thing they're not afraid of is making stereotypes a part of the agenda. And it's not as if WWE need UAE for anything beyond selling shows, they're not a particularly corruptible organisation like FIFA, say. The positive publicity and attention he'd get for speaking out would outweigh any negativity.

leggo wrote: »
    I dunno, that could be good worldwide PR. Oil rich countries with backwards views like UAE and Qatar tend to be seen as the big bad guys of the globe and, despite WWE running shows in those places, we know one thing they're not afraid of is making stereotypes a part of the agenda. And it's not as if WWE need UAE for anything beyond selling shows, they're not a particularly corruptible organisation like FIFA, say. The positive publicity and attention he'd get for speaking out would outweigh any negativity.

WWE signed a massive TV contract in that region. Saved their ass in their financials last year.

I doubt there was a clause that forbade their talent from saying anything negative about their country's values written into the contract, though tbh if it came out that there was it wouldn't completely surprise me! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Was looking forward to this movie mostly for Bill Hader, and had no idea Cena was in it until I just saw the trailer. "I look like Mark Wahlberg ate Mark Wahlberg" :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement