Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

It been discussed before, but Cearso is not seen as a top guy by Vince McMahon as Vince pretty much said so in Austin podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He's a charisma vacuum by comparison to those 3. He obviously deserves better, but as a henchman to authority with Kane and Big Show put out to pasture, as others have suggested, would have been a great fit for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Palo Alto wrote: »
    He's a charisma vacuum by comparison to those 3.

+1

Was going to say the same. I like Cesaro, think he's a good wrestler and I'm disappointed to see him floundering but he's a long way from being such a complete package that he HAS to be pushed to the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Palo Alto wrote: »
    He's a charisma vacuum by comparison to those 3. He obviously deserves better, but as a henchman to authority with Kane and Big Show put out to pasture, as others have suggested, would have been a great fit for him.

Honestly I feel sorry for Luke Harper more who has been having great matches for months. Only thing I remember Cesaro doing was pretending to join Team Cena only to make himself look like an idiot oh and fluffing a promo which was probably a chance he was given to shine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Fastlane is on Sky1 next Sunday. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sky 1 or Sky Sports 1?, thought all WWE PPV's were now Sky Box Office exclusive?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

From sky's website itself;

"Watch WWE Raw, 1am, Monday, Sky Sports 3 and then WWE Fast Lane at 1am on Sunday, February 22 on Sky Sports Box Office.
    WWE Fast Lane booking details
    WWE Fast Lane will be shown on Sky Sports Box Office (channel 743) and Sky Sports HD Box Office (channel 752) at 1am on Sunday, February 22 (Monday morning)."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

No doubt Sky are trying to counter, because the Network is Free For All for February

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It will be fun to see if Sky give away Wrestlemania on Sky1.

If they do you would have to think they are trying to kill the Network for the casual viewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Sky 1 haven't been shown WWE PPV matches since maybe some specials in the mid-1990s.

You would imagine they will still get some Box Office buys probably from people who don't have or can't get the Network on their TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,171 ✭✭✭✭briany

I always liked the trade off that although you had to stay up way late to watch PPVs live (on this side of the Atlantic), they were included as part of the package. It was basically that move away from PPVs at no extra cost that led me to streams and such as a direct consequence. Services like SKY have been digging their own graves for years in the shadow of piracy and, now, competitively priced internet-based services like the WWE Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sky 1 or Sky Sports 1?, thought all WWE PPV's were now Sky Box Office exclusive?

It's on my EPG on Sky 1 anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I would guess Sky are showing it on Sky 1 as the network is free in november for new subscribers.

May as well use it to attract attention to the exclusive content they have on sky sports that is not on the network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE's upcoming pay-per-view Fastlane will be available to watch on Sky Sports and Sky1 this weekend.

It had been suggested that under Sky's recent five-year deal with WWE all PPVs would only be available via Sky Box Office at an additional charge, but this now appears not to be the case.

WWE Fastlane will air in the UK on Sky Sports, Sky1 and Sky1 HD at 1am on Monday morning (February 23).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s216/wwe/news/a629563/wwe-fastlane-for-sky-sports-and-sky1-this-weekend.html#~p4AzX9HBzh1Wd0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Tempted to chage my last post to be about how poor Samoa Joe is these days in TNA

Then make this one about how great it would be to see him signed up for NXT by Triple H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Triple H needs to jump on that contract soon! Get him down to NXT as soon as possible!

Want Punk-Joe IV in UFC to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Can't see it, but maybe the opportunity would give him some renewed motivation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

DM_7 wrote: »
    how great it would be to see him signed up for NXT by Triple H
    I'd absolutely love to have seen 2005 Samoa Joe in WWE, but not 2015 Joe. I guess it's possible he could have a Goldust-like career resurrection. He was around with Cena back in OVW IIRC (he did a tryout with Essa Rios on TV) but I guess they didn't see a star in him. Think he could get back to 2005 Joe, despite being 35 and beaten down by TNA?

• Advertisement

Joe would make a good trainer down there, rather than a guy they would sign to get onto RAW.

He doesn't have a wwe name to call on like Goldust had that allowed a resurgence in his career. In saying that Konnor from the ascension is only a year younger than him and i know who i would rather see on Raw (even in a tag team).

Pure speculation but with the way TNA operate now, the part time nature if it allowing people to make money elsewhere, chances are he has something lined up. Hopefully he does, i want to see people in wrestling move onto good things rather than what happened to so many in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Looking forward to his New Japan matches vs. Shibata and Ishii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Oh My God Tazz - What's Jamoa Soe doing in the Impact Zone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dixie caught him eating a stack of fifty pancakes and fired his fat ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if the Sky 1 version of Fastlane will have ads

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I would like to see Samoa Joe in ROH now at least for a few shows anyways. Interesting to see him up against Elgin or Hanson maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Eternal optimist but would be the crowning moment of my fandom if Joe got even as far as NXT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

DM_7 wrote: »
    I would guess Sky are showing it on Sky 1 as the network is free in november for new subscribers.

May as well use it to attract attention to the exclusive content they have on sky sports that is not on the network

If you have sky sports, is it not a given that you have sky 1 also, can you sub sky sports separately or maybe it is available in different territories where sky 1 is not. I don't have sky so just curious as to why they are showing it on both channels, I thought sky 1 would have covered everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Joe has to go to NJPW. Everything else is irrelevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement