Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Why did she keep her husband secret?

Probably would have hurt her marketability and she wanted a private private life.

There were rumourz to compensate online from her being a lesbian to her dating John Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The female security guard!!!!!!

(Sorry, saw too much Eastenders this week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Why did she keep her husband secret?

Victoria's Secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kolido wrote: »
    Victoria's Secret

8xc1dy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

rovert wrote: »
    Sadly the Victoria's Squared Circle restaurant in Chicago is up for sale:
    http://jamesoncommercial.com/properties.cfm/?propertyId=87162-sale

Her pre-Wrestling husband who she kept secret in the WWE had an affair with a waitress there and she has filed for divorce. Says a lot about how difficult the restaurant business. Never saw a set of accounts or anything but he it seemed like they had a good business going.

This is a shame. Any relationship ending is sad, especially when a betrayal is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Says every tag team ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Oh dear.

56pJJp9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The low quality of the screenpic is something else considering the technological age we're in. She's mental too

So glad to be right about this tbh. While everyone online was talking about slut shaming after the Triple H podcast I saying she's bad news due to her mental health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

Here's her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chyna.jl

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

All very petty really. But very entertaining too. Always a drama

You never really know what's a work though. Could be very contrived "feud". This stems from an interview Paige gave where she said that Charlotte wasn't ready for the main roster and needed more training and that Sasha Banks was better than her pretty much.

Just seems a bit.....fake to me. Like I just can't imagine Paige deliberately shading Charlotte like that

All very petty really. But very entertaining too. Always a drama

You never really know what's a work though. Could be very contrived "feud". This stems from an interview Paige gave where she said that Charlotte wasn't ready for the main roster and needed more training and that Sasha Banks was better than her pretty much.

Just seems a bit.....fake to me. Like I just can't imagine Paige deliberately shading Charlotte like that

They've had issues in the past. It is real - well until it gets turned into a work as Paige's name is trending now. There's a lot of issues/resentment towards Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

They've had issues in the past. It is real - well until it gets turned into a work as Paige's name is trending now. There's a lot of issues/resentment towards Charlotte.

Really? I wasn't aware of any resentment towards her. I wouldn't have expected them all to be best friends or anything but this is interesting. I imagine they feel she is getting preferential treatment based on her surname? Just a guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Not sure if news but looks like Taker is ready to return...in shape & notice the dyed hair under his hat. Expect him on RAW Monday

https://instagram.com/p/zX7gJIkG6w/

Really? I wasn't aware of any resentment towards her. I wouldn't have expected them all to be best friends or anything but this is interesting. I imagine they feel she is getting preferential treatment based on her surname? Just a guess

Historically the WWE and NXT female locker rooms have always had.

I've made posts in the past and real time but Charlotte has had issues in the past. Too long to go into but until this time last year Charlotte and Sasha Banks used to be best friends. The break up was apparently about Charlotte hearing Sasha was talking behind her back. There's a loads of version of the story not there so I don't know the truth but ultimately the locker room took Sasha's side.

This current online thing is based on Paige saying Sasha is more ready to be called to the main roster than Charlotte. Sasha and Paige are good friends too.

Historically the WWE and NXT female locker rooms have always had.

I've made posts in the past and real time but Charlotte has had issues in the past. Too long to go into but until this time last year Charlotte and Sasha Banks used to be best friends. The break up was apparently about Charlotte hearing Sasha was talking behind her back. There's a loads of version of the story not there so I don't know the truth but ultimately the locker room took Sasha's side.

This current online thing is based on Paige saying Sasha is more ready to be called to the main roster than Charlotte. Sasha and Paige are good friends too.

If she's got the head for it, she can work through that. Anytime someone gets that kind of irrational nuclear heat in wrestling it's ALWAYS down to people feeling jealous and threatened. Any decent promoter will see money in that and not care about the backtalk. It usually gets good results.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Paige and Charlotte are pretty good friends btw. They hung around together a lot and Charlotte is meant to be super nice.
    One of my friends is Paiges best mate from Norwich and she was over with her a lot when she was in NXT. Charlotte is apparently hilarious and was one of the people tightest with Paige

Paige's quote:
    On the possibility of Charlotte being called up soon: “She’s good. She’s still new, so I feel like at one point people want to see her, but they’re kind of rushing it. I think she could do with some more time, but I still think Sasha Banks is the one that I personally want to come up and who I think is completely ready and the full package, boxed up and ready to go. I feel like she’d be absolutely perfect up here. Charlotte is good, but (needs) some more time.”

A few months ago, Charlotte did a Twitter Q&A, and I asked her if she regretted not beating Paige for the NXT Women's Title. I believe Charlotte's response was that Paige ran scared of her, and Paige responded by saying that Charlotte's not ready for the main roster.
    leggo wrote: »
    If she's got the head for it, she can work through that. Anytime someone gets that kind of irrational nuclear heat in wrestling it's ALWAYS down to people feeling jealous and threatened. Any decent promoter will see money in that and not care about the backtalk. It usually gets good results.

Won't bore people with my thoughts on Charlotte again *cough* emperors new clothes, WWE/Meltzer PR job *cough* :pac:. But I am surprised by how she is viewed online in general. She's Ric Flair's daughter, her Dad's best friend is her boss and she gets this super push. The locker room must see it a similar way. Sasha Banks (who favourited Paige's tweet) is someone who wanted to be a wrestler since childhood and came from poverty. Bayley and Becky roles have been cannon fodder for Charlotte too.
    BMMachine wrote: »
    Paige and Charlotte are pretty good friends btw. They hung around together a lot and Charlotte is meant to be super nice.

One of my friends is Paiges best mate from Norwich and she was over with her a lot when she was in NXT. Charlotte is apparently hilarious and was one of the people tightest with Paige

That's the along the lines I've heard too. But Divas fall out with each other all of the time. It is possibly "nothing" Paige was caught at the wrong moment and got ticked off by Charlotte's passive aggressive favouriting of tweets. Social media isn't a great place for most female celebrities but Paige inspired the worst of it Wrestling wise. Who knows what sexually suggestive or death threat was above or below the tweet Charlotte favourited. But a friend of both wrote that there was problems with both but likely it will blow over in "12 months". He then deleted the tweets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I think Charlotte is ace.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I think Charlotte is ace.

Boo!

But associations with Triple H/management and a big push can really make internet fans turn on you just ask Roman Reigns and Sheamus before him. I am just surprised she has avoided it and by how the internet works is maybe overdue a backlash.

Paige also favourited this:
    https://twitter.com/PalisadesKid/status/569294057815437312

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nice timing for this having only just gotten up to date on NXT and as such, formed an opinion on Charlotte. I always found her to be pretty popular online and couldn't figure out why. I was going to post in the unpopular opinions thread (once I found it) that if her last name wasn't Flair, she would be in a spot similar to Carmella. The odd match here and there but nothing major. She is athletic, but not really good at much. Even just comparing her to the Divas she has been involved with recently. Bayley is a million times more likeable. Becky Lynch seems much more.... real I guess. Not sure how to describe it. While Sasha is better in pretty much every aspect. Add in the other NXT Divas and Charlotte just keeps falling.

Saying that, I hope Charlotte gets called up to Raw full time. Mostly just because I don't watch it :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I was going to post in the unpopular opinions thread (once I found it) that if her last name wasn't Flair, she would be in a spot similar to Carmella.

I doubt she'd be hired to be honest. Her face isn't really up to WWE Diva standards and it is really aged for 29 year old, she has a weird boob job and she has a male set of hips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I doubt she'd be hired to be honest. Her face isn't really up to WWE Diva standards and it is really aged for 29 year old, she has a weird boob job and she has a male set of hips.

I didn't want to get into the physical side of things. Different strokes for different folks and whatnot. But, I do agree with that and in my head was thinking would she even be employed in the first place. I was trying to keep it about ability :p

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

yeah its a work btw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I haven't seen Charlotte in nxt and first exposure to her was Raw against Natalya. All I can say is that I'm glad the latter won and didn't have to listen to anymore of Charlotte's wooing. :P

My first impression of Charlotte (I was a bit late to the game on her admittedly) was similar to the ones expressed above, in that I thought the net would hate her. But she works good matches, so she backs it up.

It does all feel like a work though, maybe on the quiet between themselves to try edge creative towards putting Charlotte and Paige together when she's called up. That craic is way too out there for divas, Cena would barely get away with questioning someone else's employment status. And people have to remember that, to people in the public light, Twitter is ALL just PR. None of it is real...especially in WWE. The likes of Paige wouldn't care what fans think about stuff like that, they'd care what their mates in the locker room think. Looks like they're using smark perceptions of Charlotte to try spark something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Not a big fan of Charlotte either. Nothing to do with her name or push or anything, I just don't think she's as good as people say. For me her best match by a distance was against Natalya on one of the NXT specials and that's no coincidence. I still think she could be a game changer on the main roster though; with her name, athleticism and lack of a 'diva' look I think she'll be booked much more seriously and hopefully lead an improvement for the division as a whole.

I think Sasha's better than her in every way, Bayley's more likeable, Becky wrestling wise is complete obviously but camera work is improving at a fast rate. I even think there could be money in Alexa Bliss a couple years down the line. But if Charlotte's name leads to a better division for everyone then I'm not going to complain about her getting a mega push.

• Advertisement

Dublin? :eek:
    https://twitter.com/realmickfoley/status/569455855143407616
    leggo wrote: »
    My first impression of Charlotte (I was a bit late to the game on her admittedly) was similar to the ones expressed above, in that I thought the net would hate her. But she works good matches, so she backs it up.

It does all feel like a work though, maybe on the quiet between themselves to try edge creative towards putting Charlotte and Paige together when she's called up. That craic is way too out there for divas, Cena would barely get away with questioning someone else's employment status. And people have to remember that, to people in the public light, Twitter is ALL just PR. None of it is real...especially in WWE. The likes of Paige wouldn't care what fans think about stuff like that, they'd care what their mates in the locker room think. Looks like they're using smark perceptions of Charlotte to try spark something.

This kind of reminds me of Bill Hicks bit about Marketing and the anti-marketing dollar:

Nearly every shoot incident in Wrestling gets turned into a work or the shoot gets entangled with the work if nobody cant separate the two. Even just for sanity reasons it is easier to say everything is a work and leave it there.

Anyways it doesn't really fit with Paige being a babyface, Sasha being a heel and how they have been presenting Charlotte in general.

Just as well the Twitter wasn't around in 1997 with Bret and Shawn. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement