Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

ERG89 wrote: »
    Seems like lame fan fiction tbh. Lesnar being so appalled at a drug failure made me lol tbh you'd swear it were Paul Kimmage :pac: :pac: :pac:

It actually makes sense if you put the pieces together.

He was out for months with an injury that would have made training impossible and he gasses out very quickly. That's a sign of PED use.

I'm not saying he's doing it or that I believe it. But it is plausible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

It would be really bad PR if they fired her over it....think she'll be ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Her contract APPARENTLY is coming due soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I dunno how long her current contract is but I wouldnt be surprised if they just ran down the deal and we pretty much didnt see her again ala Rey Mysterio atm

Ah right, I'm guessing she already knows she's leaving so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What's the handiest way of getting from Salthill to Tonbridge? Asking for a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On top of his multi million contract what kind of money is Lesnar making from merch & PPV's.

The Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat merch has to be selling by the bucket load.

He must have a better than average cut of merch & PPV's comapred to most there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe it's all a work, and this is build towards AJ vs. Steph :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The worst part about this is how obvious it is that AJ just simply doesn't care anymore. This is a girl who absolutely loved wrestling and even cried when meeting her idol as a kid. Signing her first contract, let alone what she achieved after, was likely a dream come true for her. Now, after a few years in WWE, she just doesn't care anymore. It's shocking how someone can be broken that much in only a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The worst part about this is how obvious it is that AJ just simply doesn't care anymore. This is a girl who absolutely loved wrestling and even cried when meeting her idol as a kid. Signing her first contract, let alone what she achieved after, was likely a dream come true for her. Now, after a few years in WWE, she just doesn't care anymore. It's shocking how someone can be broken that much in only a few years.

I'd imagine having CM Punk in your ear would kill any love and enthusiasm you had for wrestling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

and for life in general.

PWInsider with shocking news:
    One of the crazier rumors making the way around the Internet over the last 12 hours has been one that originated on Reddit.com where an anonymous user claimed that Brock Lesnar had walked out of the WWE Raw taping on Monday due to Roman Reigns failing a WWE Wellness test and the company deciding not to suspended Reigns.
    Despite the lack of any sort of credible sourcing, the story picked up steam online via message boards and social media, to the point I woke up to over 150 emails all sending links to the story asking.

I reached out to WWE today regarding the rumor. I already suspected there was nothing to this (and we usually ignore such rumors), but given the huge play it has gotten via social media, I wanted to give the company a chance to respond to this sea of ridiculousness.

WWE's official statement:

"That story is absolutely, 100% untrue."

So, there you have it folks. Paul McCartney isn't dead...and Roman Reigns didn't fail a Wellness test.

Paul is dead tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Total Divas pretty much single handedly killed the division, that and the backstage politics that meant The Bellas were getting pushed purely because of their relationships with the two biggest faces.

http://time.com/3721801/wwe-divas-aj-lee/

It was also mentioned by the Washington Post and Fox Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Main street press Vince must be...

wrestling-gif-3.gif

around Titan Towers today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,171 ✭✭✭✭briany

"Idealism is what precedes experience. Cynicism is what follows."

But AJ can make a good enough living doing the indies, TNA, ROH etc. if she so chooses to go that road, which we have to say looks fairly likely at this point.

Total Divas pretty much single handedly killed the division, that and the backstage politics that meant The Bellas were getting pushed purely because of their relationships with the two biggest faces.

I don't know about that to be honest. Stupid storylines and two-minute long nothing matches killed it.

It's funny because when Stephanie had a match they got eleven minutes the longest divas match on PPV last year, and possibly ever. :D

And it all actually meant something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CM Punk being sued, Tension with Lesnar, AJ standing up for the Divas.

Weird that all the scandal behind the scenes is so much more interesting than what's on TV, especially since it's Wrestlemania season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

J. Marston wrote: »

Weird that all the scandal behind the scenes is so much more interesting than what's on TV, especially since it's Wrestlemania season.
    Just shows the mess that wwe is in at the moment and I feel it will only get worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

J. Marston wrote: »

ricero wrote: »
    Just shows the mess that wwe is in at the moment and I feel it will only get worse.

Yeah, not like the good old days of steroid scandals, screw-jobs and murder/suicide.

It's wrestling, the behind the scenes scandal is almost always more interesting than the show. Thinking it's somehow a modern thing or an indication of WWE being in trouble is a bit of a stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

orestes wrote: »
    Yeah, not like the good old days of steroid scandals, screw-jobs and murder/suicide.

It's wrestling, the behind the scenes scandal is almost always more interesting than the show. Thinking it's somehow a modern thing or an indication of WWE being in trouble is a bit of a stretch.

No it's not new but since WWE has gone more corporate there hasn't been as much "backstage gossip" but the past year, even the last few months has had a bit more "scandal" eg. Vince burying the (unhappy) roster on Austin's podcast, the Punk stuff etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yep. Although I agree that the backstage is almost always more interesting than on-screen, there's definitely more instances of notable unrest and acknowledged backlash recently, from the hijackRAW stuff, circumstances of Punk leaving and what J. Marston mentioned. Things seemed a lot more 'stable' in 2010.
    The worst part about this is how obvious it is that AJ just simply doesn't care anymore.[...] It's shocking how someone can be broken that much in only a few years.

Surely speaking up means that you care a lot, instead of becoming numb and staying silent?

On another point, I wonder if UFC's more stringent testing policy will force WWE's hand to step up their game. John Pollock mentioned how it's incredibly suspicious that nobody's been popped in WWE for a good while now. Last one I believe is Ricard Rodriguez back in July 2013, before that was Orton in May 2012.

To be honest what's putting me off is that this stuff seems more "bitchy" than the old-school scandals. Back then it was major league, now it's he-said-she-said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

rovert wrote: »
    Forgot this on the AJ Lee thing:
    https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/570402613776158720

They brought him over last time and they did an intentionally nonsensical swerve heel turn in the main event. Promotions are booking Russo for ironic reasons. It is a gas.
    I'd imagine most people who are going to the show just want to see him for the sake of it. I know that if he was in Ireland I'd go just to be like, "there's Vince Russo."

Meltzer:

B-uv_CoUEAAra93.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

jaykhunter wrote: »
    On another point, I wonder if UFC's more stringent testing policy will force WWE's hand to step up their game. John Pollock mentioned how it's incredibly suspicious that nobody's been popped in WWE for a good while now. Last one I believe is Ricard Rodriguez back in July 2013, before that was Orton in May 2012.

The same UFC that let Silva and what's-his-name fight recently after they'd both failed tests? Stringent isn't the first word that comes to mind.

The same UFC that let Silva and what's-his-name fight recently after they'd both failed tests? Stringent isn't the first word that comes to mind.

UFC announced this week a third party company will be doing random testing throughout the year, even when they're not fighting, starting July 1. They set aside a few million dollars for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The best way to be taken seriously with these matters is to have an outside body make the investigations and then publish the findings. Someone send in HIQA, quick! Or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    UFC announced this week a third party company will be doing random testing throughout the year, even when they're not fighting, starting July 1. They set aside a few million dollars for it.

Yeah UFC have been one of the most proactive anti-doping sports bodies there is. When you consider that the likes of cycling and baseball had problems for years that even had people at the top possibly complicit, UFC are catching people and dealing with them. A failed drug test is a success, not a failure, because it means the system works. It's when you see miraculous stuff happen and nobody asks questions that there's likely a problem (e.g. in the NFL and NBA).

• Advertisement

Has the reason Lesnar wasn't on RAW come out yet? Lesnar's 2-year contract is done after the RAW after Mania right, this disagreement is over his new deal...but surely he's contracted to work whatever events WWE have left on his current deal, so then WWE decided just not to use him after flying him in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement