Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Don't think Henry has been on a PPV cover photo all by himself before.

I think its more a case they couldn't fit anyone else on!:pac:

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Mick Foley: Stand Up UK Comedy Tour 2011

Seem to be around the same dates that WWE are also doing a UK tour. Coincidence?

Sat, Nov. 5 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents RAW World Tour Manchester, England
    Sun, Nov. 6 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents RAW World Tour Sheffield, England ,
    Sun, Nov. 6 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents SmackDown World Tour Cardiff, Wales,
    Mon, Nov. 7 7:30pm
    Raw This event is televised. WWE Presents RAW Liverpool, England,
    Mon, Nov. 7 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents SmackDown World Tour Birmingham, England,
    Tue, Nov. 8 7:30pm
    Smackdown This event is televised. WWE Presents SmackDown Liverpool, England,
    Tue, Nov. 8 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents RAW World Tour Newcastle, England,
    Wed, Nov. 9 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents RAW World Tour Nottingham, England,
    Thu, Nov. 10 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents RAW World Tour Glasgow, Scotland,
    Fri, Nov. 11 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents RAW World Tour London, England,
    Sat, Nov. 12 7:30pm
    Live Tour WWE Presents RAW World Tour Minehead, England,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Thats a damn good poster, it actually looks like someone who would kick the **** out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Thats a damn good poster, it actually looks like someone who would kick the **** out of you.

I reckon he could...

But yeah, really like the close-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Charisteas wrote: »
    Seem to be around the same dates that WWE are also doing a UK tour. Coincidence?

Same with Jericho and Fozzy!! Ya never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Mick Foley: Stand Up UK Comedy Tour 2011

Iconic professional wrestler and New York Times best-selling author in his UK stand-up comedy debut.

Sunday 6th November ? Highlight Comedy Club, Glasgow

Wednesday 9th November ? The Dancehouse, Manchester

Thursday 10th November ? The Glee Club?, Nottingham

Friday 11th November ? The Journal Tyne Theatre, Newcastle Upon Tyne

Saturday 12th November ? The Leicester Square Theatre, London

Tour Website: WWW.MickFoleyStandUp.Co.UK

Tour Twitter Feed: @FoleyStandUpUK

Tour Facebook Page: WWW.Facebook.com/FoleyStandUpUK
    All his best material will be used up when he's plugging it

Same with Jericho and Fozzy!! Ya never know!

Yeah well spotted! Hopefully there are Dublin dates to come from Foley and Fozzy but with less than 10 weeks away i'm not confident.

Nov 02, 2011 Wed - - Sub 89 Reading, UK
    Nov 03, 2011 Thu - - Talking Heads Southampton, UK
    Nov 04, 2011 Fri - - CF-10 Cardiff Univ Carduff, Wales, UK
    Nov 05, 2011 Sat - - Kasbah Coventry, UK
    Nov 06, 2011 Sun - - The Well Leeds, UK
    Nov 07, 2011 Mon - - Rock City Basement Nottingham, UK
    Nov 08, 2011 Tue - - Cathouse Glasgow, Scotland,
    Nov 09, 2011 Wed - - Fibbers York, UK
    Nov 10, 2011 Thu - - Central Station Wrexham, Wales, UK
    Nov 11, 2011 Fri - - White Rabbit Plymouth, UK
    Nov 12, 2011 Sat - - WAMA High Wycombe, UK
    Nov 13, 2011 Sun - - Concorde 2 Brighton, UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah well spotted! Hopefully there are Dublin dates to come from Foley and Fozzy but with less than 10 weeks away i'm not confident.

no fozzy wont be back! they announced the UK dates, then the european dates and had "one more date announcement" and that ended up being germany! :(

Foley claims he is close to adding 2 Irish dates!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

An Irish date is still in motion for Foley's stand up tour
    ALL the info for my UK dates can be found @FoleyStandUpUK - give them a follow. Irish dates to be announced soon! HUGE coasters await me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It was announced during a commercial for Monday’s RAW Super Show that Triple H would make his return to the ring on the Labor Day episode of Raw. This will be his first match since WrestleMania 27.
    Alberto Del Rio was not backstage at the SmackDown! tapings. They expect to have the issues cleared up by next week.

– Word going around backstage is that Kevin Nash has a medical issue that is keeping him off Night of Champions and it will be cleared up, most likely, within a few weeks. While sources report that WWE won’t have Nash wrestling, another believes Nash could be wrestling at the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view in October.

• Advertisement

First set of Foley Irish comedy dates:

Mick via twitter
    IRISH dates look to be November 3rd in Cork, and November 4th in Limerick. I'll announce venues and on-sale dates in next few days. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

no Dublin show?

No Dublin show? NICE ONE!

FINALLY something I can actually go to without travelling to Dublin.

I guess the Eleanor Tiernans and Ed Brynes of the world spammed venues in Dublin during the time Foley is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If you'd like to go to a Dublin date for Foley's comedy tour, please like this post! If we get enough I'll tweet the link to him to show him it'd be worth his while!

Bang bang!

WWE officials have discussed doing a heel turn with Divas Champion Kelly Kelly or Eve Torres.
    Here are some recent WWE attendance figures

* RAW on August 26th in Jackson, MS was a sell out with 9,200 fans for $300,000.
    * RAW on August 27th in Memphis, TN drew 7,500 fans for $210,000.
    * SmackDown on August 27th in Cape Girardeau, MO drew 2,300 fans for $65,000.
    * RAW on August 28th in North Little Rock, AK drew 5,400 fans for $163,000.
    * SmackDown on August 28th in Springfield, MO drew 2,500 fans for $64,000.

- The August 8th WWE RAW had 363,000 homes watching on DVR or tape delay, meaning 10.5% of the total viewers didn't watch RAW that week live.

- It has been confirmed that Owen Hart and Andre the Giant won't be as playable characters in the new WWE '12 video game because of legal issues between WWE and the estates of the two late legends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

WWE officials have discussed doing a heel turn with Divas Champion Kelly Kelly or Eve Torres.

Oh dear God

From Foley's Twitter:
    OK, Belfast is a hike, but Dublin to Cork is a 3 hour drive. I'm 4 hours into a 22 hour drive right now - 3 is a piece of cake!

So I'd say a Dublin show could be on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eve seems the better option to go heel either way I'd prefer they put the title on Natayla or Beth and let them feud instead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If you'd like to go to a Dublin date for Foley's comedy tour, please like this post! If we get enough I'll tweet the link to him to show him it'd be worth his while!

Bang bang!

post thanked, you big thanks hoare :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Oh dear God

Kelly Kelly is smart, sexy and powerful. Not to mention being the best worker in the world as voted by this very forum. It would be epic.

• Advertisement

IRISH dates look to be November 3rd in Cork, and November 4th in Limerick. I'll announce venues and on-sale dates in next few days. Thanks.

OK, Belfast is a hike, but Dublin to Cork is a 3 hour drive. I'm 4 hours into a 22 hour drive right now - 3 is a piece of cake!
    So I'd say a Dublin show could be on the cards

Hmmm, he said that it's only a 3 hour drive from Dublin to Cork, so I read that as to say that there won't be a Dublin show, and that Dubliners will have to drive to Cork to see him.

He does have a free date on Saturday 5th November though (before going to Glasgow on the 6th to start the UK). Would be pointless to do a gig on the 2nd November as WWE have a house show in Dublin the same night.

I may look into heading to the Limerick date, will have to check buses and trains.

Foley is running a raffle for $2 a ticket, if you win:

Grand Prize:

• WWE superstar and legend Mick Foley will host a WWE Smackdown (Raw or Pay per View) viewing party at the Winner's home (or another venue of the Winner's choice) for the Winner and up to 20 of the Winner's friends (viewing party will be scheduled for a mutually agreed to time and date between September 15, 2011 and November 30, 2011)
    • Mick Foley will provide food & beverages for the party
    • Winner will receive autographed memorabilia from some of Mick Foley's classic matches and each guest will receive an autographed Mick Foley photo
    • Winner will be awarded a cash prize in the amount of $302.50 to mitigate the Winner's tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($250.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($52.50)
    Not sure if it's for American citizens only, would be a cool prize though.

http://www.celebritiesforcharity.org/raffles/raffles_or.cfm?id=218

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Sounds like its US only as i cant imagine them paying out for a cross atlantic flight to host a party in a persons house at 2am.

Here is the updated North American poster and synopsis for WWE's Vengeance pay-per-view which takes place on Sunday, October 23rd from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas.

"When injustice reigns, vengeance follows - because sometimes, it's human nature to become an animal. See how far John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, and all your favorite WWE Superstars will go at WWE Vengeance, Sunday, October 23 at 8pm ET/5pm PT, live on pay-per-view."

Below is the new promotional poster and synopsis for WWE's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view. The previous poster for this year's event featured Kane and this one features John Cena. Hell in a Cell this year takes place on October 2nd from the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana.

"Surrounded by steel. Besieged by brutality. Confined by chaos. Those locked inside the confines of Hell in a Cell are changed forever. Don't miss John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio, and all your favorite Superstars brave WWE's most diabolical construction at Hell in a Cell live on pay-per-view."

cenahiac.jpg

"Surrounded by steel. Besieged by brutality. Confined by chaos. Those locked inside the confines of Hell in a Cell are changed forever. Don't miss John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio, and all your favorite Superstars brave WWE's most diabolical construction at Hell in a Cell live on pay-per-view."
    Assaulted by alliteration.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Sounds like its US only as i cant imagine them paying out for a cross atlantic flight to host a party in a persons house at 2am.

Your probably right it's US only, but if a UK or Irish resident won then they could have the party whilst he is here on tour in November.

Hell in the Cell is going to be Wizard of Oz themed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

CMpunked wrote: »

it's not it's worldwide as far as i know with the usual exceptions obviously of dodgy countries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Definitely headed to see Foley in Cork and this time he won't get booed for mentioning Cork, Sorry boys can't feel too sorry for ye having to always trapse to Dublin for everything myself

• Advertisement

Maybe could we see 2 shows in 1 day? An early show in Dublin then on to Cork

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement