Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Seriously check the art work out here, guys
    http://www.thedeadwrestlersociety.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

rovert wrote: »

Un-f*ckin-real

Id love to get a print of the Savage one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

One word... WOW!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Further to the Big Show thingy...
    - A new WWE survey on the upcoming WWE Network asks fans interest in WWE possibly moving their monthly pay-per-views to the network as "monthly specials."

The proposed option reads like this:

"This network would include all of WWE's monthly pay-per-view events to the lineup at no additional cost. Rather than having to pay for them, they would now be monthly specials with the same match quality you’re used to seeing on pay-per-view for no additional cost. These events would only be on The WWE Network."

The following other options were listed in the survey as possible programming:

* Classic footage of older promotions like WCW, NWA, ECW and the AWA.

* New non-wrestling shows.

* Documentaries.

* WWE talents hosting their favorite movies.

* Repeats of RAW and SmackDown.

* New weekly live in-ring shows.

* Daily in-studio interactive shows similar to news programs or SportsCenter.

* Interactive call-in shows hosted by WWE talents.

* Reality show with former WWE stars living in a house.

Source: NoDQ.com

WWE Big Brother? Awesome...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

As long as they make Tough Enough like the Ultimate Fighter, I'd be happy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loving the ideas they have for the WWE Network! I like the Monthly Specials that are exclusive to WWE Network aswell, I can't imagine there would be too much storyline development done on those specials but its a good concept none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

- A new WWE survey on the upcoming WWE Network asks fans interest in WWE possibly moving their monthly pay-per-views to the network as "monthly specials."

The proposed option reads like this:

"This network would include all of WWE's monthly pay-per-view events to the lineup at no additional cost. Rather than having to pay for them, they would now be monthly specials with the same match quality you’re used to seeing on pay-per-view for no additional cost. These events would only be on The WWE Network."

The following other options were listed in the survey as possible programming:

* Classic footage of older promotions like WCW, NWA, ECW and the AWA.
    * New non-wrestling shows.

These will be much like the movies. When watching WWE I want wrestling, if I wanted great tv, I would watch HBO.

* Documentaries.

THIS i could be excited about...
    * WWE talents hosting their favorite movies.

there are little-no current "superstars" that can carry a promo in the context of professional wrestling, never mind as a movie critic/host. Fine for a while, but as soon as Punk, Cena, Ziggler, Miz have had their turns, who cares about Jack Swaggers movie taste...?
    * Repeats of RAW and SmackDown.
    * New weekly live in-ring shows.

Can't book 2 shows successfully, no more please....

* Daily in-studio interactive shows similar to news programs or SportsCenter

Its still real to them dammit...
    * Interactive call-in shows hosted by WWE talents.

yeah id say all the top tier talents are fighting over this...
    * Reality show with former WWE stars living in a house.

i don't even...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Wow talk about trying to get over with no effort. Basically hoping to get the kids to catch onto him.

And some people thought he was the better one between him and Rhodes back in the Priceless days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Fcuk me. That was embarrassing just to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I like the idea.. too bad it probably wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I managed 3 minutes of his disgraceful blandness and turned it of as it totally ruined my day.
    He is without doubt the most boring person in the world, he will never ever be over with such a non existent personality. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

He's just trying something different, nothing wrong with that. I don't really care if it succeeds or fails, but at least he's willing to try new things out.

Can't really see it being a success either unless he's offering Maryse as a stripper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

my adopt a wrestler showing a bit of spark, he is right in saying that copying his dad hasn't worked a new gimmick is nice and hopefully this works for him

I am worried we're now going to see a lot of poor zack ryder style videos though from lots of superstars

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Miz and R-Truth made their returns at the RAW live event in Albuquerque, New Mexico this weekend. Before the show began, it was announced that the two wouldn’t be there because of Triple H firing them. Later on after WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne defeated David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty, The Miz and Truth hit the ring to beat down Air Boom. The Miz took the mic and said he and Truth were going after the people that did them wrong. Security and WWE officials ended up dragging them out

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/the-miz-r-truth-invade-wwe-event-gail-kim/
    Though Randy Orton is presently involved in a program with Mark Henry, there is talk of building up another match against Cody Rhodes due to the amount of attention their match on Friday’s SmackDown! garnered.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/possible-wwe-storyline-plans-nitro-girls-raw-note/
    As noted before, the September 20th episode of WWE’s RAW Supershow did a 3.01 cable rating with 4.32 million viewers against lots of competition like Monday Night Football, Charlie Sheen’s roast, Dancing with the Stars, Two and a Half Men and more.

The opening segment with CM Punk, Triple H and John Laurinaitis opened to a 3.46 rating but the eight-man match with Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Sheamus and Justin Gabriel taking on Christian, Wade Barrett, David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty lost 1,046,000 viewers. With 23% of the viewers tuning out during this match, this was the biggest segment decrease in a long time.

John Morrison vs. Alberto Del Rio and the segment with Hugh Jackman, Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero gained 524,000 viewers while the impromptu match with Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara lost 187,000 viewers. The segment with Mark Henry, Jerry Lawler and Mark Henry gained 262,000 viewers back, which is below average for that time slot.

Eve Torres and Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix and Natalya with Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder, and the appearance by Hugh Jackman, lost 239,000 viewers. Jack Swagger’s promo video and segment with Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero, plus the backstage segment with CM Punk and John Cena lost 357,000 viewers.

The main event of Cena and Punk vs. The Miz and R-Truth gained 172,000 viewers for a 2.86 rating, which is way below average for a RAW main event. The overrun this week with Triple H firing The Miz and R-Truth gained 670,000 viewers to a 3.32 rating.
    Partial Source: Pwinsider

- Below are the UK TV ratings from the end of August into the middle of September. The ratings include TNA’s move to Sundays. Impact had previously aired on Tuesday night, which was five days after it aired in the US:

- For WWE Raw, all the numbers are for the live airing at 2 AM on Tuesday morning. The August 22nd show drew 101,000 viewers (w/e Aug 28), which was down 35,000/-33% on the prior week. The August 29th show drew 153,000 viewers (w/e Sep 4), which was up 52,000/+51%. The September 3rd show drew 146,000 viewers (w/e Sep 11) – down 7,000/-5%.

- For WWE Smackdown, all the numbers are for the original airing on Friday nights. The August 26th show drew 97,000 viewers (w/e Aug 28), which was down 23,000/-19%. The September 2nd show drew 72,000 viewers (w/e Sep 4), which was down 25,000/-26%. There is no available rating for the September 9 show (w/e Sep 11).

- For TNA Impact, the August 18th show drew 209,000 for the airing on August 23, which was down 9,000/-4%. The August 25th show drew 194,000 for the airing on August 28th. This was Impact’s first airing in its new regular slot, which was down 15,000/-7%. The September 1st show drew 180,000 for the airing on September 4th, which was down 14,000/-7%. The September 8th show drew 149,000 for the airing on September 11th, which was down 31,000/-17%.

- The figures show that the move has not been positive for Impact since it lost 60,000 viewers in it’s first three weeks on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I expect the tuesday IMPACT repeats are getting more viewers than the saturday repeats used to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I expect the tuesday IMPACT repeats are getting more viewers than the saturday repeats used to

The ratings have dropped an astonishingly large level since the switch, I'd imagine it'll be sooner rather than later that they switch it back to Tuesdays.

Steve Austin: I’d pick CM Punk for my final match
    STEVE AUSTIN'S dream final wrestling match would be against current WWE star CM Punk.

Stone Cold retired due to injury in 2003 after battling The Rock at WrestleMania XIX but has since built a successful career as a movie star.
    His latest release, Born To Fight, is out on DVD next week and the grappling legend reckons his current Twitter banter with Punk could turn into a full-blown scrap at WWE's showpiece pay-per-view event.
    Austin, who was the face of the WWE's revamped Tough Enough series, told SunSport: "I think Punk is a great guy.

"I'd say he looks up to me for what I did in the ring back in the day — and I look up to him for what he is doing now. I'd say it's a case of mutual respect.
    "I hear the stories and if the stars aligned and all things worked out to benefit us all — the WWE, myself and Punk — I'd say that he is the guy I'd pick to face.
    "I'm sure I could get another match out of this carcass of mine."
    Austin, 46, had a taste of what it would be like to step back in the ring at WrestleMania when he officiated the Michael Cole-Jerry Lawler match at this year's event — which also featured his close friend and mentor Jim Ross.

He added: "Mania was a lot of fun. If you can't be one of the guys in the ring competing, why not be the guy who is pulling the strings in there instead?
    "I enjoyed the experience and it's always fun to be in a WWE ring. I really get the fans and they still appreciate what I've done and continue to do.
    "WWE has changed, it was a lot edgier in my day, but things do move on and that was my time I guess.

"It's fun being closer to wrestling again. I loved Tough Enough and hear there may be a second series.
    "If a few other things get ironed out in the company first, I'd say it's a good 95 per cent guaranteed. My Involvement was a lot more hands on than I expected and I enjoyed that.
    "Wrestling is part of my system. I don't miss the bumps, the travel grind or the pain, but I do enjoy it when I get back and feel the rush of being in front of a crowd."

Stone Cold also gave us his views on one match set for next year's WrestleMania — John Cena against his old rival The Rock — and the Hulk Hogan-Sting bout that is likely to take place at TNA's showpiece event Bound For Glory.
    Austin said: "A year-long build is something no one has ever done so Cena v Rock will be very interesting. Rock is doing his thing in Hollywood so can't make every taping, plus you can't overdo these things.
    "WWE are doing their part and keeping it moving along, but there is still a long time until the pay-off.

"I'll be honest, I hadn't heard about Hogan v Sting. That will be interesting too, I mean Hogan had back surgery didn't he?
    "They are both great guys. I'm a fan of Sting's and he can still go with the best of them. I know Hogan well and he still has it when he needs it.
    "It will be a very interesting night at the office that one and I will most certainly be watching Bound For Glory to see how it works out.
    "I get annoyed when people say that such and such should retire, or they shouldn't compete due to injury or age.

"I know how it works and many of these guys find it hard to stay out of the ring. Hogan, for example, was put on this world to be there.
    "There may often be money involved when guys step back in the ring, but it's more about their need to be there than the financial rewards.
    "The other thing is that there are so few people coming up through the ranks who can match the success of guys like Hulk, Flair, Sting or myself.

"Cena may be the only one who has reached that level — I've yet to see another hit that peak yet."

Born to Fight takes Austin away from his comfort zone of action films.
    Telling the tale of a young man new to high school who experiences bullying, this is one film that Stone Cold feels will appeal to more than just his loyal fan base.
    He said: "Born to Fight shows a softer side to me than the previous ones I guess. I'd call it the Karate Kid meets Rocky type of film.
    "I play an ex-boxer turned school janitor. I see this kid being bullied and I train him to become a boxer — teaching him how to stand up for himself, while learning more about myself too.
    "I enjoyed the role as it stretched me as an actor. There was more dialogue for me to tackle for a start — and I don't even cuss once in this one!"

Born To Fight is released on DVD and Blu-ray on October 3
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3836427/Steve-Austin-Id-pick-CM-Punk-for-my-final-match.html

The ratings have dropped an astonishingly large level since the switch, I'd imagine it'll be sooner rather than later that they switch it back to Tuesdays.

What about moving it to Saturday instead

• Advertisement

Uk ratings for week ending 18th September -

TNA Impact didn't make the top 10 for Challenge TV this week, meaning that neither the first airing nor the repeat drew more than 114,000 maximum. Last week drew 149,000 and the week before that drew 180,000, so a massive drop to say the least.

WWE Night of Champions (live 1am airing) drew 156,000

WWE RAW live drew 145,000 (the repeat drew 43,000)

WWE Smackdown Friday airing drew 142,000 (Saturday morning repeat drew 34,000).

Due to curiosity shown by members on the forum Dave Meltzer put the famous Death of Ann Calvello story issue early. :)

For those who dont know it is one of this best known and loved issues. Charting the rise and fall of another fake sport Roller Derby which is interesting in itself (serious) & how it is a cautionary tale for wrestling.

According to the ABC affiliate in Tampa, FL, Jonathan “Jimmy Uso” Fatu was arrested this morning for driving under the influence at 3:14AM ET.

A police officer noticed that Uso was traveling the wrong way on a street, which led to him getting pulled over. When tested, his blood alcohol level was .18, more than double the legal limit of .08.

1.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

According to the ABC affiliate in Tampa, FL, Jonathan “Jimmy Uso” Fatu was arrested this morning for driving under the influence at 3:14AM ET.

A police officer noticed that Uso was traveling the wrong way on a street, which led to him getting pulled over. When tested, his blood alcohol level was .18, more than double the legal limit of .08.

There goes any further chance for a push! Oh well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cue deadpan voice "oh my God, the tag division is ruined now. who will ever job on Superstars?"

Surprised he didn't do the switcharoo with his brother before taking the alcohol test.

Jimmy Uso del alcohol

^ Post of the year

001-awe-poster.jpg

Nash has been cutting some awesome promos for that in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I like how DDP's pic is from 1998!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement