Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ever wanted to dress like Melina lads?:pac:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/realmelinadirect/m.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Ever wanted to dress like Melina lads?:pac:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/realmelinadirect/m.html
    Who doesnt? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Melina's lingerie eh? Should raise a few quid I'm sure. Must be stuck for cash!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I bet Morrison will buy most of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I bet Morrison will buy most of them

Bet he has worn most of them too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Speaking of dressing up was this ever posted here:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

rovert wrote: »
    Speaking of dressing up was this ever posted here:

Poor auld Joseph,he looks so sad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Zack Ryder should get his Dad to bid on these items for his show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There has been talk of doing away with Cody Rhodes’ protective mask soon.

On a related note, word is that WWE actually made the decision to have Cody bring back the classic white Intercontinental Title belt some time in the past week or two.

Officials were hoping that his promo at Hell in a Cell would get him over as a credible champion.

The Rock is being advertised to appear at the next three-hour RAW from Boston, MA on 11/14. We shall see.
    Source: Pwinsider

As noted before, WWE has written The Great Khali out of the storylines by announcing that he suffered a fractured fibula at the hands of World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry.

Word going around at Hell in a Cell was that The Great Khali is done with WWE and it will be a long time until he returns as an active wrestler, if ever. Khali’s deal is expiring and he will not be returning anytime soon.

The feeling among some of the WWE writers and wrestlers is that Khali’s run with WWE is finished up so he’s headed back to India to focus on acting. The talk is that Khali, a one-time World Heavyweight Champion, will maintain a relationship with WWE to possibly work on WWE Studios projects and other things.
    Partial Source: Pwinsider

– WWE Studios is looking for a screenwriter to put together a script for The Marine 3. The plan is for another WWE star to play the lead in the film, similar to John Cena​ (The Marine 1) and Ted DiBiase (The Marine 2​).

– The company is also looking for film ideas to place CM Punk into. They plan to do a lot with Punk in the upcoming year, due to the company being impressed with how much merchandise he has moved in the recent months. There are plans to move Punk into prominent roles moving forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

• Advertisement

Naomi and Jimmy Uso were riding together perhaps just in the non-Irish way when Jimmy got busted for drunk driving according to the Observer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/darren-young-suspended
    darren308.jpg
    In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Fred Rosser (Darren Young) for 30 days effective Wednesday, Oct. 5, for his first violation of the company’s policy.

Perhaps this may be the catalyst for this season of NXT to finally end.

Yet White Cena is clean as a whistle.
    Perhaps this may be the catalyst for this season of NXT to finally end.

Wut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Wut

This might finally prompt them to end this season and move on (or they could go the other way and prolong it even further until he finishes his suspension).

This might finally prompt them to end this season and move on (or they could go the other way and prolong it even further until he finishes his suspension).

This season is NXT's Raw GM. IT WILL NEVER BE DROPPED.

Fred Rosser is a much better name then Darren Young,if only the yanks used the word tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Partial Source: Pwinsider

– The company is also looking for film ideas to place CM Punk into. They plan to do a lot with Punk in the upcoming year, due to the company being impressed with how much merchandise he has moved in the recent months. There are plans to move Punk into prominent roles moving forward. .
    Putting him into one of those crappy films would be a really bad idea, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

:eek: Hey that's great rovert! Congrats :) Meltzer's taking his opinions from you :pac:

2011: The Year that Punk Broke?

Putting him into one of those crappy films would be a really bad idea, imo.

He's already lost a lot of cred by only missing one show, then being all buddy-buddy with Cena; him 'selling out' by doing WWE films (he chastised Rocky, HHH etc for doing films while he is wrestler, his first and only choice) would be a further blow to his credibility.

That said, he knows how we tick, we'll forgive him no problem :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    :eek: Hey that's great rovert! Congrats :) Meltzer's taking his opinions from you :pac:

I am kind of an expert on WWE Fan Nation as I helped to take it down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

jaykhunter wrote: »
    He's already lost a lot of cred by only missing one show, then being all buddy-buddy with Cena; him 'selling out' by doing WWE films (he chastised Rocky, HHH etc for doing films while he is wrestler, his first and only choice) would be a further blow to his credibility.

That said, he knows how we tick, we'll forgive him no problem :pac:
    I don't think it's the kind of thing that'll keep his shirt sales at consistently high levels though. I'm actually stupid enough to fin their complete inability to handle the Punk character pretty stunning.

WWE News: Colt Cabana says WWE officials won't return his phone calls
    Oct 7, 2011 - 10:05 AM

Independent wrestling star Colt Cabana told Justin Kendall of Pitch.com that he hasn't had much luck with WWE since he worked a recent dark match. "They won’t return my calls or anything," Cabana said. "It’s pretty weird, man. I don’t get it. Nobody was really receptive. It’s just like they wanted to ignore it. I think it’s because Punk is such a rebel that ... they were able re-sign Punk, but I think to kind of stick it to him, they don’t want to talk to his friend.

Cabana was asked whether he got that feeling when he worked his tryout match. "Nah," he responded. "It didn’t seem like. All of the wrestlers and all of the personalities and all of the personnel, they love me. They get it. I think there’s just a group of people who don’t get me or don’t want to get me. Unfortunately, that keeps me away from an opportunity, but at the same time, I think the answer was so obvious to put me on TV and capitalize on it.

"At the same time, I think it’s really nice that my fans are really gathering around me and supporting me and continuing me in wrestling without WWE. A lot of people say that you can only be successful if you’re in WWE, and I’m a great case and point where when it’s all said and done, to be a great wrestler doesn’t mean that you have to be a WWE Champion or WWE superstar." To read the full interview, visit Pitch.com.

Powell's POV: I've never understood why Cabana didn't click with WWE. Vince McMahon loves comedy, and Cabana's antics get great reactions from live crowds. It seems like a great fit, and I really thought Cabana would get back in once the current C.M. Punk character took off. Cabana also spoke about working for the Wrestling Revolution Project, the best year of his career, the WWE Hall of Famer he wants to be the modern day version of, and more. A recommended read.

The story also states that Cabana will be working the Metro Pro Wrestling show on Saturday night in Kansas City, Kansas at the Turner Rec Center. I've heard good things about the indy group, so get out there and check it out if you live in the area.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10021163.shtml

I guess he is on the Jew not call list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Cabana sounds a bit desperate there, just because CM Punk is his best friend it doesn't mean you are entitled to a job. Like the POV in the article i'm suprised he didn't quite click with wwe.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Cabana sounds a bit desperate there, just because CM Punk is his best friend it doesn't mean you are entitled to a job.

Wrestling for WWE was his genuine lifetime dream.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Like the POV in the article i'm suprised he didn't quite click with wwe.

Colt's shoot interview is one of very best where it comes to understanding what modern WWE is like. More or less Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn either dont get Jews, modern Jewish humour or simply they are anti-semantic in some way.

I noticed Beth's been getting a push since Punk re-signed :D

I've hated Colt for a good while (i found his comedy to be insufferable and his wrestling sub-standard) but watching his DVD/listening to his podcast, I completely turned the corner. He should be on smackdown with his comedy schtick. I imagine "K**e Cabana" as apparently the creative team called him, wasn't worth it.

It ties in to the "change" speech Punk was on about. He wanted fresh faces in WWE, talented workers who loved wrestling. And Cabana is more entertaining than most of the WWE roster. He's certainly better and fresher than Santino, who's played out. In any case, there should be a spot for him. I can only imagine how well his merch would sell, given his litany of catchphrases/gimmick eccentricities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Cabana is great when he sticks to the pure wrestling or the comedy wrestling. The problem occurs when he tries to mix the two. It just doesnt work and he comes off looking like an idiot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement