Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

rovert wrote: »
    Meltzer, Keller, Scherer etc all shot it down as not even close. I dont have real numbers.

If you were to give an educated guess how much do you reckon Cena earns per year before bonuses and merch sales etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

If you were to give an educated guess how much do you reckon Cena earns per year before bonuses and merch sales etc?

I think $2-3 million. Austin made over $6 million in 1999 which is the highest amount for a wrestler. I think Hogan had a few $5 million years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

how much of a percentage do they generally get from each tshirt and whatnot that they sell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Connorzee wrote: »
    how much of a percentage do they generally get from each tshirt and whatnot that they sell?
    I think it probably depends on their star power. The likes of Cena, Orton etc would be able to negotiate much better deals than the likes of Santino etc.

No idea.

Demolition Ax sued WWF over unpaid royalties. During the discovery stage it was found wrestlers were grossly under paid and WWF would under state how many shirts, figures etc were sold.

I know wrestlers get an itemised list of merch sales and their percentage now. Going by an anecdote Lance Storm has told the percentages can be random. As he has a really high percentage for Diva DVD he is barely on.
    Degag wrote: »
    I think it probably depends on their star power. The likes of Cena, Orton etc would be able to negotiate much better deals than the likes of Santino etc.

Yeah Rey Mysterio over the past few years has had some really tense contract negotiations mainly based on merch percentages as obviously he sells loads of it, it isnt like he main events PPVs and he only has so much time left in Wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Reading through Raven's contract there (that was published on the net) during their lawsuit; says wrestlers get paid 25% of their merch! That's great, i thought it was 10-20%.

Since Mysterio is such a big merch seller, it's definitely the sweetest plum to hold out for.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Reading through Raven's contract there (that was published on the net) during their lawsuit; says wrestlers get paid 25% of their merch! That's great, i thought it was 10-20%.

Since Mysterio is such a big merch seller, it's definitely the sweetest plum to hold out for.

Totally forgot about Raven's contract being online and even if I did I only remember it in the context of how restrictive it was due to the legal case.

Yeah that's a succinct way of putting Rey's particular circumstance. He sells an inordinate amount of Merch for not being a proper main eventer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    No idea.
    I know wrestlers get an itemised list of merch sales and their percentage now. Going by an anecdote Lance Storm has told the percentages can be random. As he has a really high percentage for Diva DVD he is barely on.

Wasn't there a story as well that Jericho (iirc) went into a store one day during his WCW run, tried to purchase a Jericho action figure, and noticed that it rang up on the till as a Hogan figure, meaning Hogan would get the merchindise royalty back instead of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zack Ryder must be making alot :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Jim Ross finally figures out something WWE Fans have known for a long while:
    WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross spoke about appearing on Monday's WWE Raw for the Michael Cole Challenge segment. "The thing that happened on Monday in Austin (Texas) came as a complete surprise to me," Ross said. "I had no idea it was coming. I think WWE has some sort of a perverse enjoyment of springing surprises on me. I'm a big boy an I can handle it. I've been in the crazy show biz world of pro wrestling since 1974, so I've kind of been there, done that.

"I have no idea what is expected on Monday. I feel like Texas Southern driving across town to play LSU. I don't like my chances, but I'm going to go play the game and see what happens." You can listen to the full interview, visit YahooSportsRadio.com/college-fb-audio-archives/jim-ross-ou-upset-from-texas-tech-and-wwe-10032.

Says it all really:

scaled.php?server=266&filename=imagehtx.jpg&res=medium

I kinda like Cena's new shirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

CMpunked wrote: »
    I kinda like Cena's new shirt...

so do i. wonder do b a star get a cut for allowing there logo be on it or is it just free advertising

That guy...he was at both Raw and the PPV, right? Is he a plant or were the two shows in the same area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That guy...he was at both Raw and the PPV, right? Is he a plant or were the two shows in the same area?

The Raw after a PPV is usually in the same arena, given how both are live and it'd take too long to set up in another arena. This way they only have to replace the stage (still no mean feat) and ring ropes/apron, because all the electrics/lighting etc would already be set up and their equipment there. So the guy may have just bought tickets to both. Bit coincidental alright though, given Cena's new t-shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's an obvious plant. Everyone around him is all exicited to have Cena come over to them, he's just like "hey, sup?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not sure where this should go but the news of the return was here so:

I marked out like a little bitch :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's an obvious plant. Everyone around him is all exicited to have Cena come over to them, he's just like "hey, sup?"

Probably like the kid in the "I Quit" match against Miz. He had a Billy Barry head on him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Colilfc

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Could be a plant alright but I've seen that lad a couple of times at other shows like here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Punk vs Henry on Raw if punk wins he gets a title shot at Survivor Series. They did this with The Rock back in 1998
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Big_RAW_Match_Announced__Boogeyman_Return.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Big Show to cost Henry the match presumably.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Punk vs Henry on Raw if punk wins he gets a title shot at Survivor Series. They did this with The Rock back in 1998
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Big_RAW_Match_Announced__Boogeyman_Return.php

Great bit of booking intrigue wise.

But I hope Henry doesnt do a clean job or anything like that.

Over at http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania, the offical Wrestlemania page, a new match has been confirmed for the big show; Daniel Bryan vs the World Heavyweight Champion is now being advertised alongside John Cena vs The Rock.

There's also a poll asking people to choose who they'd like to see Bryan go up against in said match; Mark Henry, Sheamus, Randy Orton or Sin Cara.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/WWE_Diva_Has_Oral_Agreement_With_Writer.php
    This made me laugh fair play Masters, wonder who it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I lol'ed

rf3.jpg

(from the wildcat belts website)

308673_10150450242909384_406433779383_10519066_1511105200_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

CMpunked wrote: »
    308673_10150450242909384_406433779383_10519066_1511105200_n.jpg

Rock is massive these days i mean he was fairly big when he was wrestling but holy crap, Rock he is for sure now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

must be excluded from the Wellness Policy

I lol'ed

rf3.jpg

(from the wildcat belts website)

I bet if Bob Holly doesn't get one he'll order one for himself.

• Advertisement

Sheamus will be a presenter at the MTV European Music Awards.

Deadly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement