Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    i don't get it, rock & punk are the two main reasons non-kiddies watched wrestling this year :confused: what am i missing?

Dave makes another vague, poorly-worded poll and then gets pissy when the results don't fall the way he wanted them to. If Punk winning was a possibility that reflected poorly on the site, then why was he even an option? If an answer is a fact and not an opinion, then what is the point of doing a poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

lol definitely, maybe his turkey was a little dry and it set him off :pac:

I guess this face turn news for R-Truth explains why he started doing his dancing full-on again at Survivor Series. I don't think he'll be half as funny as a face but hopefully WWE prove me wrong

Sin Cara has his lad out in his new shirt:

67050X.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

what even is that meant to be besides a cock on the t shirt?

montyrebel wrote: »
    what even is that meant to be besides a cock on the t shirt?

This trousers/pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

rovert wrote: »
    The poll just seems to be an exercise to point out that Fast 5 drew (brother) $625,396,319 and that maybe Pro Wrestling=MMA=Movies and that anyone who doesnt get it is behind the times or something.

A movie film out drew Money in the Bank. I await Rock to go all Arthouse so that WWE has a fighting chance.

So Meltzer thinks that The Rock should have won the poll because Fast Five was a box office hit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Biggest All Round Star is very vauge couldn't he just of added Charlie Sheen he's done more for the wrestling business than GSP & co. from the Ufc. Putting Punk at the top couldn't of been any more predictible of the site or any wrestling site imo. Scary that films still make that much money, haven't seen Fast 5 but I doubt its up there with The Dark Knight or anything special. I'd never blame The Rock for doing lousy movies though not his fault Hollywood is more interested in making money than it is in making good movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Meltzer is a spoon.

Meltzer is a spoon.

Aye, helpful in obtaining Pro Graps scoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Zing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    67050X.jpg

**** sake that T Shirt is surreal. What a Cock up by wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

How the hell did they get that, from this?!

1195.jpg

I bet vince is having a massive laugh at all this!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– WWE officials have been discussing turning World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry babyface again. Sources expect the turn to happen sooner than later. As noted before, Vince McMahon also has plans to turn R-Truth babyface when he returns in part because he sees great potential in Little Jimmy merchandise. Truth’s turn is also being done because Vince feels RAW only has two over babyfaces, John Cena and CM Punk, and if one of them gets hurt then the depth would be worse than it is now.

– You may have noticed the word “wrestler” or “wrestling” mentioned on WWE TV recently. Word is that WWE has relaxed their policies on words that they don’t want being used as ratings have gone down.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– WWE officials have been discussing turning World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry babyface again. Sources expect the turn to happen sooner than later. As noted before, Vince McMahon also has plans to turn R-Truth babyface when he returns in part because he sees great potential in Little Jimmy merchandise. Truth’s turn is also being done because Vince feels RAW only has two over babyfaces, John Cena and CM Punk, and if one of them gets hurt then the depth would be worse than it is now.

This was never reported by Observer. Bryan Alvarez speculated that this might be the case. Grrr! :P

You may have noticed the word “wrestler” or “wrestling” mentioned on WWE TV recently. Word is that WWE has relaxed their policies on words that they don’t want being used as ratings have gone down.

I'd swear WWE enact this stupid policies so eventually someone (exactly like Punk) can bash WWE about it and look cool for the IWC.

Why on Earth would they turn Henry babyface now? He's having the best run of his career and really can't see a face turn being a positive career move at this time.

He may even be on a short-list to be one of the possible contenders for Undertaker's 20-0 match next year, such is the success of his current push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Charisteas wrote: »
    Why on Earth would they turn Henry babyface now? He's having the best run of his career and really can't see a face turn being a positive career move at this time.

He may even be on a short-list to be one of the possible contenders for Undertaker's 20-0 match next year, such is the success of his current push.

I love his mic work but he bores me to death in the ring. Undertaker will need someone more mobile than Henry in the ring to make it a decent spectacle

-- John Cena stated Monday morning on Twitter that he is in favor of changing the appearance of the WWE Championship, which he turned to a "spinner" belt upon winning the title in 2005.

"I have thought that for 3 years. Either classic or new. It needs a change," Cena said

Id love to see them go back to the attitude era belt

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb5W315mYYDK2AzI0exUpPCAZgD0c7NRundZXcfqaByRw8MuCi3Q

deisedude wrote: »
    I love his mic work but he bores me to death in the ring. Undertaker will need someone more mobile than Henry in the ring to make it a decent spectacle

Ah yeah it wont live up to anywhere near Takers last several WM matches, but they are booking Henry so strong lately that he may be one of the few guys who the WWE universe can believe actually has a chance to end the streak.

They could also book it as Hell in a Cell to add a bit of intrigue.

I don't think the streak will ever end, but I won't mind WWE busting their balls to make me and others suspend belief.

001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Based on that poster the event should be awesome!
    Considering how great MITB was when the poster was before the event..

Bret Hart could've played the genie :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Referencing Meltzer's bashing of the whole July angle with Punk, he doesn't seem to mention Punk's merchandise sales or anything like that at all. Surely that's more important than PPV buys now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Referencing Meltzer's bashing of the whole July angle with Punk, he doesn't seem to mention Punk's merchandise sales or anything like that at all. Surely that's more important than PPV buys now?

Extremely short sighted thinking and you could make a strong case that those Punk shirt sales would've happened regardless.

very odd. even though WWE messed it up, i really think his MITB appearance and shirt encapsulates his peak...like i doubt if "this is punk's new shirt" would've eclipsed cena if any case if that makes sense.

very odd. even though WWE messed it up, i really think his MITB appearance and shirt encapsulates his peak...like i doubt if "this is punk's new shirt" would've eclipsed cena if any case if that makes sense.

But Punk's strong sales would've still happened had he not returned for in time for Summerslam.

But Punk's strong sales would've still happened had he not returned for in time for Summerslam.

what i mean is do u think prior to the three weeks' awesome build to MITB, would a new punk t-shirt have sold as well? like was the "May" Punk that awesome?

In classic WWE fashion, the WWE website just posted a video where John Laurinaitis says John Morrison will “not be signed to a new contract due to his poor win/loss record”. Laurinaitis also tells Morrison he hopes he gets his “mind and body right”. As we have been reporting, Morrison’s contract was expiring and he chose not to sign a new contract. He finished up at last night’s RAW. You can view the video at http://vids.wwe.com/14114/wwecom-exclusive-interim-raw-gm

The official website of the St. Louis’ Scottrade Center, host of the 2012 WWE Royal Rumble, is advertising a “30-man Royal Rumble match” at the event. They also advertise WWE and World title matches.

As many of you may remember, the 2011 WWE Royal Rumble featured 40 WWE talents and was dubbed the “biggest Royal Rumble in history”.

As noted earlier, tickets for the 2012 Royal Rumble will go on sale on December 10th at 10AM ET. Prices for the tickets are $300, $90, $75, $45 and $20.

what i mean is do u think prior to the three weeks' awesome build to MITB, would a new punk t-shirt have sold as well? like was the "May" Punk that awesome?

Of course not he wasn't hot at all, it've sold the same as any other Punk shirt but after MITB regardless of whether he came back or not his t-shirts would've flown out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Extremely short sighted thinking and you could make a strong case that those Punk shirt sales would've happened regardless.
    Oh I want saying that they should have rushed him back at all, was saying the Meltzer isn't adequately measuring the success of that month when he completely ignored how everyone at live shows since has been wearing the punk shirt. Had they let it burn slow up til survivor series, they could have kept punk hot enough to be selling merch pretty strongly with stuff like the comicon appearance before making a killing on shirt sales for Christmas on his return.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement