Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Of course not he wasn't hot at all, it've sold the same as any other Punk shirt but after MITB regardless of whether he came back or not his t-shirts would've flown out.

I know Punk's t-shirts are a massive seller these days, it would've been a great idea (before Punk returned of course) to create his own merch stand just outside the arena and sell his t-shirts, cutting a promo via megaphone. It'd have to be without the wwe logo etc and not be sold in the arena. Then after an hour or so (of when he's sold out) security could take him away :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– As noted before, WWE officials are open to the idea of a Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust match. Word now is that they aren’t too keen on holding it at WrestleMania 28, but are open to it.

– WWE officials have discussed putting Kaitlyn in the group with Natalya and Divas Champion Beth Phoenix.
    Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– Alberto Del Rio had actually been planned to lose the WWE Title at Survivor Series for a while. Back when he first won it, the long term plan was for CM Punk to win it at Survivor Series. The loss and win back between John Cena was thrown in while Del Rio’s reign was going on.

– WWE shipped 265,000 DVD units in October 2011, up 6% from October 2010. The top shipped WWE DVD’s for the year so far are WrestleMania 27 with 232,000 units shipped, Best of WCW Nitro with 138,000 shipped, History of WrestleMania with 120,000 shipped, DX One Last Stand with 109,000 shipped and Randy Orton’s DVD with 102,000 shipped.

– In an update on John Morrison’s departure, his contract actually expired back in the summer but he agreed to an extension through the end of November. It was reportedly Morrison’s decision to leave WWE.

– As noted before, WWE has plans to put Primo, Hunico, Epico and Rosa Mendes together. The team is being set up for a run with the WWE Tag Team Titles.

Another reason for WWE officials being disappointed in Sin Cara going out with an injury is because they have no Superstars on TV wearing masks during the Holiday season, where masks are a big seller. WWE also had a big stunt planned for Sin Cara at the 2012 Royal Rumble that obviously won’t be happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

– WWE officials have discussed putting Kaitlyn in the group with Natalya and Divas Champion Beth Phoenix.

Dave kept mentioning that Kaitlyn has put on a lot of erm "weight". Havent really noticed/havent paid attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– As noted before, WWE officials are open to the idea of a Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust match. Word now is that they aren’t too keen on holding it at WrestleMania 28, but are open to it.

As noted before, WWE has plans to put Primo, Hunico, Epico and Rosa Mendes together. The team is being set up for a run with the WWE Tag Team Titles.

Another reason for WWE officials being disappointed in Sin Cara going out with an injury is because they have no Superstars on TV wearing masks during the Holiday season, where masks are a big seller. WWE also had a big stunt planned for Sin Cara at the 2012 Royal Rumble that obviously won’t be happening.

Kofi and Bourne (before his suspension) should have dropped the tag titles to the USOs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bourne should be back soon enough though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

rovert wrote: »

Dave kept mentioning that Kaitlyn has put on a lot of erm "weight". Havent really noticed/havent paid attention.
    Was she not always erm..big? She always looked like she could squat some serious weight.

Also much of her screen time is with AJ and she would make anyone look huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Was she not always erm..big? She always looked like she could squat some serious weight.

She definitely has some mass in the thigh department.

WWE-Kaitlyn-Swimsuit-Pictures.jpg

holy crap, look at her quads. if i may be an internet critic, she has a lot of muscle but it's not the action-figure rippling body, it's regular-tanned body, covered in a normal-person's layer of fat, if that makes sense. bet she's an animal in the gym :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    holy crap, look at her quads. if i may be an internet critic, she has a lot of muscle but it's not the action-figure rippling body, it's regular-tanned body, covered in a normal-person's layer of fat, if that makes sense. bet she's an animal in bedroom :p

FYP

Yeah Kaitlyn's probably my favourite diva in the WWE currently.Think she was a bodybulder before she got into wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Aye she is a big girl, I remember her in those tag matches recently with Beth and she looked just as big as Beth who has shrunk a little.

Don't think this would be a bad idea at all.

Also on ladies, Sara Del Rey wants in

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/ROH/article10022079.shtml

Wanting to join WWE: "I haven't been shy about saying that's my next career goal [joining WWE]. I've been doing this nearly 11 years now and I just feel like that would be a very new, interesting challenge for me to be there. I'd love to be there and be a part of it. I think it's awesome that the fans want to see it too. With the way storylines are going in WWE right now for the women, I think it'd be great. I'd fit in well with what's going on now."

"That's my main focus and goal right now -- just to get a shot [at WWE]. I've never done it. I don't think I'll be wrestling the rest of my life, so I'd like to do it before my wrestling career is over, so that's my main my focus for the rest of 2011 and 2012."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I would :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone have an idea when Rey Mysterio is due back?

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea when Rey Mysterio is due back?

He might scrape getting back for Wrestlemania. Rey likes da money so he will probably bust his ass to get back in time either that or brace up his knee & take a bunch of pain pills.
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Aye she is a big girl, I remember her in those tag matches recently with Beth and she looked just as big as Beth who has shrunk a little.

Don't think this would be a bad idea at all.

Also on ladies, Sara Del Rey wants in

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/ROH/article10022079.shtml

Well her fella is there too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cena's new attire?

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

WWE.com is on the get rid of the spinner belt bandwagon.

Also, i never realised the hard camera side is so dark for tv shows:
    20110801_raw_finish2_r_0.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wondering just how likely they are to get rid of the belt, or if that's just a bit of a filler article for the sake of showing they follow twitter stuff relating to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cena's new attire?

There's some sort of logo on the trousers, so I'm guessing it's something to do with where they were and he was playing to the crowd. People made fun of the jorts. They'd crucify him for those yokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Denny M wrote: »
    Wondering just how likely they are to get rid of the belt, or if that's just a bit of a filler article for the sake of showing they follow twitter stuff relating to them.

Brand new belt = brand new replica belts = brand new money for WWE!

I'd say it's a possibility alright!!

CMpunked wrote: »
    WWE.com is on the get rid of the spinner belt bandwagon.

Also, i never realised the hard camera side is so dark for tv shows:
    20110801_raw_finish2_r_0.jpg

That's more to do with attendance than a production decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Penn wrote: »
    There's some sort of logo on the trousers, so I'm guessing it's something to do with where they were and he was playing to the crowd. People made fun of the jorts. They'd crucify him for those yokes

Looks like a San Fransico 49ers logo to me. can't find those pants on the 49ers site though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Looks like a San Fransico 49ers logo to me. can't find those pants on the 49ers site though.

Yup, thats what it looks like.

49ers_display_image.jpg?1302996981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

from what I read on facebook last night he was wearing that stuff for a local restaurant in Japan that all the wrestlers have used for years every time that they go and tour there.

That's right, the steakhouse jacket is from a specific restaurant; you can only get said jacket if you're a wrestler there, wrestling in japan. I think Bully Ray probably wears it all the time.

Zubba pants, can't go wrong with 1980s rassler attire.he's just missing the fanny pack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

jaykhunter wrote: »

Zubba pants, can't go wrong with 1980s rassler attire.he's just missing the fanny pack!

You mean Zubaz pants.

Road Warriors were major shareholders
    zubaz.jpg

Zubaz were big with body builders whose thighs chaffed in normal trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I think Derrick Bateman wore a pair when he was double dating with Bryan Danielson and the Bellas. That was a great skit.

The Ribera logo is in WWE 12,spotted it last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE star Mick Foley appeared on this past Monday night's edition of "Monday Night Mayhem," and spoke on a number of topics, including a potential return to the ring, and up-and-coming talent. Below are some highlights, and you can check out the entire interview by clicking on the above link:

His thoughts about returning to WWE television earlier this month, as part of "RAW Gets Rocked": "I was in negotiations with the WWE, and I said 'Look, I'll come back on one condition...I want to be in a really bad segment. Like historically bad. I want to have people talking about how bad this segment will be years from now.' I think there's no doubt that we did that (in Boston). One of the worst segments of all-time. I thought it was fun, even though a few people didn't see the point in me coming back after such a long time to be involved in something like that, but I think it was great.

Which three WWE Superstars he has the chance to interact with and focus on the most thus far since coming back to the WWE: "I will say when I got in the ring with The Miz, there was an immediate chemistry. He's very good at what he does. He's perhaps the best jerk in the business, which is a tribute. Right now, I'm watching Dolph Ziggler in the ring. To me, he's underrated in the sense that he's right on the verge of being recognized as a superstar, but I believe his matches have been so good that when he gets a chance to turn that page, he will have the credibility to pull that off. Watching Zack Ryder's rise to stardom is a lot of fun, because you could see how elated he is."

Whether you can expect to see him perform at and/or be a part of WrestleMania XXVIII at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL: "I think I better buy a ticket if I want to get in this WrestleMania. Everyone wants that big spot, and traditionally, even my biggest match of the decade has been with Randy Orton, the match after WrestleMania. The guys who have been carrying the company should have that spot on the biggest night. I'm going to try to get into some semblance of condition, just to if the fates are kind and decide that I should be a part of that show."

• Advertisement

You mean Zubaz pants.

never seen it written before :o

hartfoundation_58849.jpg

Bulldog looks particularly menacing in his, complete with carny fanny pack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement