Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who's that standing between Brett and Owen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Who's that standing between Brett and Owen?

Kurt Cobain aka Brian Pillman

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WWE is advertising Evan Bourne for Saturday’s Raw live event at the Bank Atlantic Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He is eligible to resume competing as his thirty-day suspension for his first violation of WWE’s Talent Wellness Program expired Thursday.

– A WWE SmackDown taping will be held on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

– Brodus Clay, who is listed as member of the Raw roster, is advertised for this weekend’s SmackDown live event tour. Booker T is also advertised to compete at the events.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– Giant Bernard (a/k/a A-Train), Kensuke Sasaki and Yuji Nagata were among those visiting WWE during their trip to Japan this week.

– Japanese wrestlers Yoshihiro Takayama and Nosawa were also in attendance for the RAW live event in Japan yesterday. After CM Punk defeated Alberto Del Rio in the main event, Takayama raised Punks arm from the crowd.

– WWE averaged 4.607 fans at domestic live events for the month of October 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

WWE is advertising Evan Bourne for Saturday’s Raw live event at the Bank Atlantic Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He is eligible to resume competing as his thirty-day suspension for his first violation of WWE’s Talent Wellness Program expired Thursday.

Did anyone miss him?

According to their twitter account, Fozzy are coming back to Ireland next year -

https://twitter.com/#!/FOZZYROCK/status/141198176500719617

• Advertisement

Cena will love this - Nickleback to perform at the Tribute to the Troops show -

http://www.wrestling101.com/home/2011/12/wwe-tribute-2011-more-details/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Charisteas wrote: »
    Did anyone miss him?
    Honestly, yeah. I'm a huge fan of Bourne, and it makes me sad that he will probably be losing the tag titles not too long after he returns :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did anyone miss him?

Kofi who has been jobbing out for the spice boy

Did anyone miss him?

I miss his one week pushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

According to their twitter account, Fozzy are coming back to Ireland next year -

https://twitter.com/#!/FOZZYROCK/status/141198176500719617

they said that last time! I'd love it if they came back - but i'm not gonna get my hopes up this time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Benoit film in the works. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/63859/update-on-planned-film-on-benoit-tragedy.html?p=1
    Is that Ring of Hell book any good or a cash in.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Benoit film in the works. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/63859/update-on-planned-film-on-benoit-tragedy.html?p=1
    Is that Ring of Hell book any good or a cash in.

This isnt going ever get made no one get annoyed with it. Just move on.

Ring of Hell is a really good and truthful expose on the darkside of the business. I had problems with how it was written. Randazzo's friends called it a polemic while really it is just OTT in its writing style - Randazzo would probably call pulling a hang nail A GROSS ACT OF SELF MUTILATION or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I thought Ring of Hell was awful. He uses message board posts at one stage as some kind of credible source.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought it was awful. I remember getting really frustrated at how little research he had obviously done and how he blatently contradicted himself a few times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I loved how it's main promotion involved Bix praising it. Was going to buy it until I heard message-boards were used as references.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=63876
    Skip Sheffield returned from his broken ankle at tonight's Raw card in Sunrise, Florida, defeating Alex Riley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

yip yip, how it do

pleased to be teaming him up with Big Zeke in a Road Warriors rip off gimmick!! (someone here suggested it i think!)

AfzUAIoCIAAlYnK.jpg

Yip Yip Yip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i would push him as a face i think he could do well. you think that with all that time out injured they worked on his promo skills . lets hope so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ah, its Batis-three!

• Advertisement

Looks like its not only the main eventers that are drink driving:
    Former Miss USA winner and WWE Tough Enough contestant Rima Fakih was arrested on Saturday morning on drunk driving charges in Highland Park, Michigan. WXYZ reports that she took a breathalyzer and blew a 2.0, more than twice the state's legal limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

flahavaj wrote: »
    I thought Ring of Hell was awful. He uses message board posts at one stage as some kind of credible source.

I was on a website he used to frequent. He had the most godawful overwritten posting style, and was doing his best to be hip to all the hot new bands, which included Oasis in 2002. He was, frankly, a bit of a nob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I was on a website he used to frequent. He had the most godawful overwritten posting style, and was doing his best to be hip to all the hot new bands, which included Oasis in 2002. He was, frankly, a bit of a nob.

oh god, that was hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

In fairness, Heathen Chemistry, arguably their best album was released in 2002.

The band had a new lineup and they were trying to break America again, so it's not a massive stretch.

Looks like Lilian Garcia is back to ring announce for Smackdown:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/lilian-garcia-returns
    WWE Universe, Lilian Garcia is back in a WWE ring!

Returning to WWE full-time after a more than two-year hiatus, Lilian will be SmackDown’s new ring announcer! It’s her first time joining WWE’s flagship Friday night brand.

Lilian debuted as a Raw ring announcer in August 1999. She’s the only Diva to celebrate a decade with WWE, retiring in September 2009 after her 10-year anniversary.

The bilingual Diva made WWE history by becoming the first female to announce WrestleMania, at WrestleMania 22. She has performed the National Anthem at hundreds of WWE, NBA, New York Jets games and other sporting events. Lilian’s Spanish language debut album, “¡Quiero Vivir!,” was released in October 2007, and featured Latin recording artist Jon Secada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

CMpunked wrote: »

I can't get over its Been two years. Wonder way she came back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sheffield almost looks like Goldberg there :O

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cena wrote: »
    I can't get over its Been two years. Wonder way she came back

She came back because her singing career never took off like she hope it would, imagine that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

CMpunked wrote: »

I can see it now.

"We wish Tony Chimel the best in his future endeavours"

• Advertisement

Don't mind Lilian myself, always thought she was a decent announcer, not to mention those fine pair of legs on her.

Would love to see Ricardo Rodriguez as the Smackdown full-time ring announcer though :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement