Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I was on a website he used to frequent. He had the most godawful overwritten posting style, and was doing his best to be hip to all the hot new bands, which included Oasis in 2002. He was, frankly, a bit of a nob.

Ah Polish Bob Stupak/John the Bapist

I am still on those forums. :pac: Currently reading a supposed Phd. in English Literature over analyse Flair's formulaic match structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

They'll stick Chimel on NXT surely,last time I watched that show they had some god awful sounding female announcer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Poor Chimel must be missing Edge around now.

This is a shocker. WWE are pricks. :P

A funny Brodus Clay story. When he was ready to return after doing a WWE movie, and asked creative what they had planned for him, the answer they gave him is they had no idea, but suggested that he come up with an idea for himself. So he came up with the idea of being a monster heel who doesn't sell for the faces, and beats them all up and inducts them into his personal House of Pain. He was told that was a great idea.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Well that must be true if its in the Wrestling Observer! :eek:
    Yes i know its a joke. ;)

• Advertisement

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

In fairness, Heathen Chemistry, arguably their best album was released in 2002.

The band had a new lineup and they were trying to break America again, so it's not a massive stretch.

I think we'll have to agree to differ on how good and relevant Oasis were in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

I came across this early on, surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. So basically a script for a film was handed in, about Chris Beniot. Titled - Crossface.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/sad-story-of-wrestler-chris-benoit-heads-to-theaters-in-crossface/
    Back in 2007, a shocking and truly tragic news story made headlines when professional wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his wife and 7-year old son before hanging himself. Now the story of the troubled wrestling star is heading to the big screen as Deadline reports SRG Films is developing Crossface, a film based on Matthew Randazzo V's book Ring Of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry. The film will follow Benoit's life in the WWE, the struggles he endured and how the combination of drug use, depression and head trauma led him to become a ticking time bomb of instability.
    The chronicle of a troubled wrestler was most recently seen in the aptly titled film The Wrestler, but with this tale (being adapted by first-time writer Sarah Coulter) being true to life and following the tragedy of a man affected by his career to the point that he lost his mind, it's a wholly different kind of drama. SRG Films head Dale Alexander Carnegie says, "Chris Benoit has become a poster child for everything that’s wrong with professional wrestling and Sarah’s terrific script captures his struggles and the many factors that led to the deaths of three people. People immediately point to steroids, never thinking about the brain trauma these wrestlers can and do incur in their profession, nor do they consider the rigorous schedule that keeps them working even when they shouldn’t.” Sounds like quite an expose that could paint the WWE in an unfavorable light if funding comes together to get the project off the ground.
    How would ye feel about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I came across this early on, surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. So basically a script for a film was handed in, about Chris Beniot. Titled - Crossface.

How would ye feel about it?

Mentioned 2 pages back dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

GTR63 wrote: »
    Poor Chimel must be missing Edge around now.

The Rated Rrrrr-sOOOOperstAAr...................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The Rated Rrrrr-sOOOOperstAAr...................

Jawwwwwwwwnnn CEEEEEEEnahhhhhh!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: Pwinsider

Regarding Chris Hero being signed by WWE, officials wanted to sign him a few months back when they signed his partner Claudio Castagnoli to FCW. Hero was going through the physical screening process. It’s believed that either WWE found something they wanted to take their time on double checking to make sure he’s fit to sign, or they stalled in contract negotiations.

Hero hasn’t gone back to work for NOAH or ROH yet so it’s still possible he will pop up in FCW soon.

Source: Pwinsider

Regarding Chris Hero being signed by WWE, officials wanted to sign him a few months back when they signed his partner Claudio Castagnoli to FCW. Hero was going through the physical screening process. It’s believed that either WWE found something they wanted to take their time on double checking to make sure he’s fit to sign, or they stalled in contract negotiations.

Hero hasn’t gone back to work for NOAH or ROH yet so it’s still possible he will pop up in FCW soon.

According to one of my super secret sources he burnt his bridge with NOAH. Althought this was before Bison passing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jack Korpella has left WWE! link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Jack Korpella has left WWE! link

Looks like wwe doesn't have his back anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

387590_291876394184017_100000849760774_774756_945543732_n.jpg

Mugshot - wow she's looking really rough. But sure all mugshots do...
    Amy “Lita” Dumas was arrested on Friday night, December 9th in Columbia County, Georgia.

The former WWE diva was charged with Driving While License Suspended/Revoked and Speeding in Excess of Maximum Limits.

Dumas was booked and taken to jail, where it is believed she spent the night.

Bond has been set at $2,200.

Thankfully it's not drunk-driving or anything Hardy- or Angle-esque.

Punk apparently bailed her out with this

punk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

At least drugs/drink weren't involved.

She's looking a bit rough all right,though she must be in her late 30's-early 40's at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

She's looking a bit rough all right,though she must be in her late 30's-early 40's at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The Early WrestleMania 28 Weekend Schedule.

Lanny Poffo in the house, does that bode well for an Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhh or twenty of the Hall of Fame ceremony?
    (WWE) - Here is the wrestling-related schedule for WrestleMania weekend:

Thursday - March 29th, 2012
    * WWE AXXESS opens.

Friday – March 30th, 2012
    * 12PM-5PM - WrestleReunion Merchandise Fair at Miami Beach Deauville Resory. Free to public.
    * 8PM - Dragon Gate USA Internet PPV at Miami Beach Deauville Resort.
    * 8PM - Ring of Honor Internet PPV in Fort Lauderdale, FL at the War Memorial.
    * Midnight - Q&A with Jake "The Snake" Roberts at Miami Beach Deauville Resort - $20

Saturday – March 31st, 2012
    * 9AM - 3PM - WrestleReunion convention at Miami Beach Deauville Resort featuring a Tribute to Championship Wrestling from Florida coordinated by Eddie Graham's son, Mike Graham. Currently scheduled VIPs include Stan Hansen, Larry Z, Rick Steiner, Mike Graham, Carlos Colon, Kevin Sullivan, JJ Dillon, Nikita Koloff and Leilani Kai. Current vendor guests include Mickie James and Bobby Heenan.
    * 1PM - Ring of Honor Internet PPV in Fort Lauderdale, FL at the War Memorial.
    * 3PM - 5PM - Live Legends Wrestling show at Miami Beach Deauville Resort. Free with admission to the WrestleReunion convention.
    * 8PM – Dragon Gate USA Internet PPV at Miami Beach Deauville Resort.
    * 8PM - WWE Hall of Fame 2012 ceremony.
    * Midnight - $5 Wrestling LIVE featuring Colt Cabana and Marty Derosa.

Sunday – April 1st
    * 9AM - 3PM - WrestleReunion Convention at Miami Beach Deauville Resort with Road Warrior Animal, Tito Santana, Vader, Lanny Poffo, the New Age Outlaws, Molly Holly, Jake Roberts, Fit Finlay, Lex Lugar, Paul Orndorff, Harry Smith, and Shane Douglas.
    * 2PM - 3:30PM - WrestleReunion Luncheon with Road Warrior Animal , Rick Steiner, Jake Roberts, New Age Outlaws, Molly Holly, Tito Santana, Shane Douglas, Lanny Poffo, Vader, Kevin Sullivan, Larry Z, and Stan Hansen.
    * 6:30 PM - Wrestlemania 28.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/351/the-early-wrestlemania-28-weekend-schedule

• Advertisement

Hardy Boyz Mugshot edition:
    54QTd.jpg

Returning to WWE after a more than two-year hiatus, Lilian Garcia appeared on Friday’s episode of SmackDown as the program’s new ring announcer.

Tony Chimel introduced Garcia to the live audience at the start of the broadcast, who was already standing in the ring. As Garcia talked about how great it was to be back, she was interrupted by Cody Rhodes, who was standing on the announce table. Rhodes said no one cares she is back since no one noticed she had left. Garcia danced with Hornswoggle later during the show, which gave commentator Michael Cole the opportunity to air a crass backstage joke.

He cracked, “I wish these two would stop horsing around!”

The reference stems from those in WWE’s “inner circle”—Vince McMahon, Triple H, television producer Kevin Dunn and the since departed John “Bradshaw” Layfield—often joking that Garcia has a horse-shaped face. The crass joke was passed around backstage years ago and ultimately acknowledged on television to amuse company employees. Though Garcia has publicly taken the joke in stride, Mick Foley took offense to Hunter demeaning the “Decade Diva” during an episode of RAW last year in which she had filled in for regular ring announcer Justin Roberts.

He wrote online after watching on television Triple H tell Garcia she can always return to WWE to “horse around,” “Why does someone like Triple H, one of the most talented, well paid guys in the business, do something so shallow and mean? Why would a multi-millionaire, with millions of fans around the world, feel the need (several times over the years) to say something that is only meant to hurt? I don’t get it. I don’t get why it’s done, I don’t get why it’s condoned, I don’t get what possible satisfaction anyone involved gets from demeaning someone like Lillian Garcia. I just don’t get it.”

The latest reference was likely directed by Triple H, who filled in for McMahon at Tuesday’s SmackDown taping since the WWE CEO was off visiting U.S. Armed Forces serving in Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan. Cole is the mouthpiece of the program director, as he is fed lines via headset. It was not the only mean-spirited remark on Friday’s show as Cole made light of Jim Ross suffering from Bell’s palsy after Josh Mathews said Cole speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Cole quipped, “Actually, there is nothing wrong with my mouth, unlike J.R.’s.”

Anti-bullying at its finest!

Both went back. Multiple times in JR's case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

rovert wrote: »
    Both went back. Multiple times in JR's case.

That doesn't excuse it and is a pretty terrible excuse anyway. If somebody powerful where I work made fun of me and there was a further job opportunity in later years I'd probably be take it too.

Plus it is not as if there are many viable alternatives for them to appear in wrestling than the WWE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure if posted but apparently Linda Hogan has started claiming that Hogan had an affair with Brutus Beefcake, and Hulk is sueing for defamation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Not sure if posted but apparently Linda Hogan has started claiming that Hogan had an affair with Brutus Beefcake, and Hulk is sueing for defamation...

....as is Brutus!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

It wouldnt suprise me if Brutus was doing the d*** s***ing, he was his man slave. Add Jimmy Hart and Brian Knobs to the list too.

:(

AghS7RJCIAAcvkR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Check the Dog House.

• Advertisement

Partial Source: Pwinsider

– John Morrison will likely not be working much on the independent scene. Numerous promoters hat have looked to book Morrison have stated that he is asking around $5,000 for a wrestling appearance. It is thought that Morrison is trying to price himself out of the independent scene, as he has stated that he wants to take time off to heal up.

– The updated main events for this Saturday’s WWE Supershow at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island are CM Punk vs. The Miz vs. John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio with Mick Foley as special referee and Mark Henry vs. Big Show.

– The dark main event after last night’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Raleigh saw Heath Slater, Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett beat down Randy Orton until Big Show made the save. Orton put Slater through a table to end the show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement