Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Not sure if posted but apparently Linda Hogan has started claiming that Hogan had an affair with Brutus Beefcake, and Hulk is sueing for defamation...

I'm not sure why this is only surfacing now considering that Linda's book was released more than 6 months ago.

I also find it contradicting that she releases a book criticising Hulk, yet she released the book under her kayfabe name of Linda Hogan.

Anyway I am actually reading this book (taking one for the team here), only have about 50 pages left and I don't recall reading anything about the Brutus affair yet, but I have had to speed-read my way through most of this bull$hit.

Such a come-down after reading the excellent Rey Mysterio book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Aw man, I hope you pirated it or got it as a gift. Otherwise i can't believe you'd give money to the swine who took 70% of Hogan's assets.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Charisteas wrote: »
    I'm not sure why this is only surfacing now considering that Linda's book was released more than 6 months ago.

I also find it contradicting that she releases a book criticising Hulk, yet she released the book under her kayfabe name of Linda Hogan.

Anyway I am actually reading this book (taking one for the team here), only have about 50 pages left and I don't recall reading anything about the Brutus affair yet, but I have had to speed-read my way through most of this bull$hit.

Such a come-down after reading the excellent Rey Mysterio book.
    Realistically, nobody is really gonna know who Linda Borella or whoever is. This is the best way to shill your crap, sticking with a well known name.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Aw man, I hope you pirated it or got it as a gift. Otherwise i can't believe you'd give money to the swine who took 70% of Hogan's assets.

I most certainly did not spend any money on this book!

The book wouldn't be out of place at an angry womens support group with all the cooking recipes, decorating tips, and bullet pointed lists of 'How to know if your husband is cheating'.

Denny M wrote: »
    Realistically, nobody is really gonna know who Linda Borella or whoever is. This is the best way to shill your crap, sticking with a well known name.

Exactly my point. The book is a defamation of Hulk Hogan, yet she still releases it under the Hogan name to make more sales, hence the contradiction.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE more popular than rugby in Ireland. :eek:

Top Google searches in 2011:
    Sports
    1 GAA Fixtures 2011
    2 RWC 2011
    3 PGA Leaderboard
    4 Irish Open 2011
    5 WWE 12
    6 6 Nations 2011
    7 Wimbeldon 2011
    8 Copa America 2011
    9 USPGA Leaderboard
    10 Rory Mcilroy twitter

http://www.businesspost.ie/#!article/19410615-5218-4ee9-2dca-af9484601558

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »
    WWE more popular than rugby in Ireland. :eek:

Top Google searches in 2011:

RWC was the Rugby World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

He's got to get high some how.:D

CMpunked wrote: »
    RWC was the Rugby World Cup.

Dont watch real sports. Just Pro Wres & MMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm suprised the Copa America is on there and Champions League, Euro 2012 and Premier League isn't on it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Regarding John Cena’s role at Sunday’s WWE TLC pay-per-view, there was talk over the weekend of making him the special referee for the United States Title Match between Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder. A stipulation may be in place for that match to where Cena gets added to the WWE Title main event against CM Punk, The Miz and Alberto Del Rio, making it a four-way.

– WWE will hold a RAW live event at the Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, Oregon on Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.

– Time‘s “Person of the Year 2011″ features a brief biography on Randy Savage. Savage, who passed away on May 20, was included in their “Fond Farewells” section of notable deaths in 2011.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was going to post this pic in the picture thread but since there's a topic now...

11_TTTT_1209_Skydive.jpg

Some people within WWE are predicting the lowest buyrate of the year for Sunday’s WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view.

– Kaitlyn turning on AJ Lee and siding with Beth Phoenix and Natalya was edited off the December 6th SmackDown because of time constraints. The idea may have since been dropped because they didn’t re-do it at this week’s tapings.

– Beth Phoenix and Natalya are seen as the only two Divas who can actually work, so WWE tries to protect them from overexposure and not use them on television too much.

– Rey Mysterio was telling people at this week’s WWE TV tapings that he isn’t rushing himself to return and risk messing up his surgery. He is looking at returning to the ring in May, so he will miss WrestleMania.

Regarding Sin Cara, he’s been telling people he will be back in four months and will be back in time for WrestleMania because he doesn’t want to miss the payday.

Del Rio should have attacked Punk on the plane and cashed his money in the bank briefcase and then jumped out of the plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Some people within WWE are predicting the lowest buyrate of the year for Sunday’s WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view.
    I'd agree with that. Casual PPV buyers/non-hardcore fans would first ask "what's Cena doing?" (nothing) and ok, "what's Randy doing?" (helping out mid-carder Wade Barrett) and that'll be that. Coupled with an uninspired three-way with Punk, only the hardcore i'll-buy-every-PPV fans will order this one.
    Regarding Sin Cara, he’s been telling people he will be back in four months and will be back in time for WrestleMania because he doesn’t want to miss the payday.
    You realise you have to be ready and back in time to build up a match?? Not just show up in Stamford on April 1st with an empty money bag! Start again next 'season' (post-Mania) Mistico!

Vengeance drew the same buyrate as December to Dismember(shudder) so are they expecting the worst buyrate ever?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Vengeance drew the same buyrate as December to Dismember(shudder) so are they expecting the worst buyrate ever?

Think about it:
    A show that is what $40-50 this close to Christmas during a recession.

A 3 hour Raw, a 2 hour Tribute to the Troops and another 2 hours with Smackdown all in the same week.

A decent UFC PPV on last week.

Then all the usual issues with the WWE product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd agree with that. Casual PPV buyers/non-hardcore fans would first ask "what's Cena doing?" (nothing) and ok, "what's Randy doing?" (helping out mid-carder Wade Barrett) and that'll be that. Coupled with an uninspired three-way with Punk, only the hardcore i'll-buy-every-PPV fans will order this one.

You realise you have to be ready and back in time to build up a match?? Not just show up in Stamford on April 1st with an empty money bag! Start again next 'season' (post-Mania) Mistico!

I've been saying the same thing about TLC. It's going to suck, nothing on the card is really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I've been saying the same thing about TLC. It's going to suck, nothing on the card is really interesting.

The Sledgehammer Ladder match is interesting for all the wrong reasons.

GTR63 wrote: »

Maybe, but i'd say that any lost revenue from a December PPV is comfortably reclaimed through Christmas pressies for the kids (And us big kids if we drop enough hints to the missus).

WWE are still making a fortune this month, just through a different stream.

• Advertisement

Was going to post this pic in the picture thread but since there's a topic now...

11_TTTT_1209_Skydive.jpg

If there's something strange, in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call?

Wrestling satire can be REALLY hit or miss but the strike rate by this new site is rather high:

http://www.theyoungscallions.com/
    PRINT EDITION TABLE OF CONTENTS: 12/14/2011
    PAGE 2: 1970s Wrestler Backstage at Smackdown Taping, Can't Find Heel Locker Room
    PAGE 4: John Laurinaitis Hires Wrong Kevin Kelly, Bloody Brawl Ensues
    PAGE 5: Vince McMahon Demands To See The Rock's Birth Certificate During Heated Argument
    PAGE 6: Recovered Password Posted As PPV Feedback On F4W Site
    PAGE 7: 'Get In Gorilla Position' Instruction To New WWE Diva Results In Horrible Misunderstanding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Former WWE Champion Batista recently spoke on a number of topics including WWE's current product, and what he thinks of some of the company's top stars. Below are some highlights, and you can read more if you click on the above link.

Batista on WWE's Current Product: “It’s brutal. I can’t watch it. I can’t connect with it. I no longer know this business. I don’t do PG wrestling."

Batista on WWE's Top Stars: “Love me or hate me, when I was there everyone took one look at me and knew I could beat someone up. I don’t think they look at Miz that way.

It’s sad. It’s not their fault. These days the guys have their hands tied, they are so limited in what they can do.

The difference is that guys like Rock, Austin, Triple H, excuse me, but they had to have the living sh*t beat out of them to get where they are. They went through war and the audience knows it and the audience appreciates it.

The guys today will never get to that level. It’s sad, but that’s the reason for it.”

Source

From the Skydive. Cody Rhodes shooting things in mid air:

codywubsh.gif

From a WWE house show last night. Your offical Cena Sucks shirt:

006.jpg

You have to wonder how smart are the smart marks who buy this are.

From a WWE house show last night. Your offical Cena Sucks shirt:

You have to wonder how smart are the smart marks who buy this are.

Would Cena get the royalties for that shirt?

Would Cena get the royalties for that shirt?

Why wouldnt he?

chynasd.jpg
    From reader Mr. Sykotic:

I just got back from Chyna’s show. The club was packed, hardly any room to move around.

Chyna’s first show was at 10 PM and she did a four song set. The last song she danced to was indeed the DX theme.

I’d compare her dancing ability to Hulk Hogan’s wrestling ability. She was not too great technically, but able to put on a show and use what she has to entertain to get the crowd to react loudly.

At one point, she pulled another stripper on stage and grinded all over her.

They made sure to mention several times that she is new to this to explain her dancing.

Chyna did a meet and greet afterwards. $20 for a picture with her, $30 for topless pic with her, 2 8×10′s for $20 and not sure what the price was for her to sign stuff, I think it was $10. The line to meet her was very long.

She was a very nice person, took time to sit and talk to everyone who came into meet her. She didn’t rush anyone at all to leave.

Broken down floppy piece of meat

She seems to be both Marisa Tomei and Mickey Rourke's characters from the Wrestler. Some going.

She seems to be both Marisa Tomei and Mickey Rourke's characters from the Wrestler. Some going.

Unlike Chyna Marisa Tomei was sexy as a stripper in The Wrestler. Wasn't George obsessed with her in Seinfeld.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Seriously, Dave!!!, like WTF is his issue?... Jealousy?, Regret? or just a pain in the @$$

Source: Rajah.com

Former WWE superstar Batista tweeted the following about Daniel Bryan's World Heavyweight title win on Sunday night:
    "excuse me! did i hear that right? Daniel Bryan World Heavyweight Champ. ummmmmmm.....ok."
    After Batista's tweet set off a firestorm of responses from people calling him a hater for apparently not sounding pleased with WWE's decision to put the World title on Bryan, he replied:
    "man did that comment bring the tough guy haters out. well i'm at Gracie Fighter Tampa daily. 6333 s. dale mabry hwy Tampa FL. stop on by"
    Shortly thereafter, Batista followed up with the following statement, explaining his relationship with Daniel Bryan and why tweets from haters mean nothing to him:
    "so to clear up any misunderstanding about me hating on Daniel Bryan...actually i've been a supporter of his for years,unlike most of you Johnny come lately smart mark supporters. we actually had a hell of a match together that was originally supposed to be a squash match until this old broken down ex bodybuilder who never deserved to be champion and only had it handed to me because HHH was my boy...refused to job the kid out because i knew how good he was and wanted to have a f*cking match with him before i left the company. and a hell of a match we had considering where our respective places in the company were at the time. so yes im aware of all of his accomplishments and hard work through out the years and i'm thrilled to death for him....but still...World Heavyweight champ???ummmmmmm...ok. opinions are like *ssholes. my Twitter account,my opinion. and to all the bitch ass haters who just dogged me out and bitched about how horrible i was.....i've worked with HHH, the Undertaker,Rey Mysterio,Randy Orton Stone Cold,Edge,John Cena,Chris Benoit,Ric ****ing Flair!!etc.etc.. and they all respected me and my work. Eddie Guerrero respected my work. so don't expect your little bullsh*t remarks to actually carry any weight. in your b*tch ass faces!! "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement