Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Speaking of tweets...

Very proud right now. Proud of @WWEDanielBryan proud of @ZackRyder proud of my crew of young, talented hard workers. @findevan @TrueKofi and a ton of others. Tonight was a great step toward the future of the wrestling business. That change I've been talking about? Started. My march to Wrestlemania doesn't begin after the rumble. It's starts today. You're in or you're out. If you're out, you'll be left behind.

http://twitter.com/#!/CMPunk

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Brutus Beefcake’s estranged wife Barbara Leslie was recently interviewed by The National Enquirer, here are the highlights…

On Brutus’ Relationship With Hulk Hogan:
    “I’ve watched my husband and Hulk interact for the past 20 years, and there have been many times when I felt they were much too close for comfort.”

On Linda Claiming Brutus and Hulk Were Lovers: “I have absolutely no knowledge of a homosexual relationship going on between my husband and Hulk, nor has Linda ever shared anything with me that would indicate she has knowledge of that. But I’ve been acquainted with her for a long time and have never known her to say anything that serious unless she could back it up. She must know something.”

On Beefcake Rushing to Help Hogan With the Toilet Seat Following His Back Surgery: “I thought how odd that was for one man to do that for another. The boundaries of the intimate bromance they share are definitely blurred, and I just find it all extraordinarily suspicious.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah, f*ck those who just had back surgery. Does she have a new book out or something, or is she just trying to divert attention away from her whopper 70% share of Hogan's lifelong earnings. What's the vig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is she accusing Beefcake of giving Hogan a Blumpkin? (that word came up in Jericho's book,hadn't a clue what it meant until I googled it) What a Bitch all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

This is how the first half of 2012 is shaping up for WWE from a PPV standpoint.

*1/29/12 will be The Royal Rumble in St. Louis, MO.

*2/19/12 will be The Elimination Chamber from Milwaukee, WI.

*4/1/12 will be Wrestlemania in Miami, FL. Of course, that is the debut of The WWE Network as well so the following shows may end up airing for free on the network.

*Extreme Rules is set for Chicago, IL after Mania and before the 5/20 Over The Limit PPV. Currently 4/22 and 4/29 are available at the building. I wouldn't be surprised if the show is announced at next Monday's Raw in Chi-Town.

*5/20 will be Over The Limit in Raleigh, NC.

*Money In the Bank is slated to move to June and take place in Las Vegas, NV.

• Advertisement

Alberto Del Rio’s ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez, received a lot of praise backstage at WWE’s TLC pay-per-view after his spot where he fell off the ladder through the tables.

– Word at RAW was that the Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett and Zack Ryder vs. Dolph Ziggler feuds may run past the Royal Rumble.

– WWEShop.com is accepting pre-orders for a T-Shirt made available at this past weekend’s live events reading “LETS GO CENA/CENA SUCKS” on the front and “We Can’t See U” on the back. The shirt is officially listed as “Anti John Cena Shirt.” No image of the shirt is provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

"man did that comment bring the tough guy haters out. well i'm at Gracie Fighter Tampa daily. 6333 s. dale mabry hwy Tampa FL. stop on by"

be so funny if like 50 guys showed up and kicked the head off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

D.Q wrote: »
    "man did that comment bring the tough guy haters out. well i'm at Gracie Fighter Tampa daily. 6333 s. dale mabry hwy Tampa FL. stop on by"

Would love for Brock or Lashley to show up for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Would love for Brock or Lashley to show up for the craic.
    Why not both? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

surely it just beyond moronic for someone with his profile to state where he is on a daily basis.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »

Just send booker he'd do it on his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

*Money In the Bank is slated to move to June and take place in Las Vegas, NV.

Genius! I'd say they should have it there every year. Would tie the theme in very well.

Dunno if it's been posted, but here's the Anti-Cena shirt. lol at the 'smarks' who buy this

381969_10150460257812954_554187953_8342692_1342734280_n.jpg

and a better pic

403970_297702090268114_100000849760774_787023_2006136774_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hopefully he'll use it as ammo to rip on the idiots who buy it when he finally turns heel!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE kayfabing their own company in job listings for key positions for the new Network:

http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=104905795&aid=101694705&

Recuitment drive must be going well. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been posted, but here's the Anti-Cena shirt. lol at the 'smarks' who buy this

I can see Cena actually wearing this himself on TV though, you know, just to outsmark the smarks.

It's a clever marketing idea, even if The Miz and several fans beat them to the idea months ago.

img8227003.jpg

308990_257523067627783_114943591885732_734630_862228464_n.jpg

Gosh i forgot that Miz cut great promos on Cena each week, Cena never responded, and when he did, he squashed him in a few minutes at the PPV. Horrible stuff. He did make him look much better on RAW afterwards when the momentum was already gone. Well done WWE :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

LONG TERM PLANS FOR THE WWE NETWORK
    By Mike Johnson on 2011-12-21 08:31:19 While there is a lot of talk and anticipation over the planned April launch of the WWE Network, one aspect that really hasn't been touched upon yet are the long term plans and ramifications of the Network.
    In short, WWE's long term plans are for the Network to be much more than just professional wrestling themed programming. While the company is trying out several different concepts (they used developmental talents to shoot some pilot programming last week in Florida, I'll have more on that in another post) for pro wrestling, including behind the scenes discussion shows similar to what VH-1 presents for music, there is actually a much grander, long term plan already in place.

As I mentioned several weeks back in the PWInsider.com Elite section, the plan is to use the WWE fan base to create a push to request the Network on their providers (remember the "I Want My WWE Network campaign we wrote about last week?) and to bring some of the existing WWE wrestling programming (PPV events, NXT, Superstars, new live events) to the Network to help create a need for the Network among their audience. If they can force the Network into being carried, the feeling internally is that it will become their most important intellectual property, as they'll have a continuous base to promote and market the company and their products.

Once the Network can get itself established, WWE hopes to find outside of the box original programming that won't be wrestling related to help brand and build the Network as a destination point for fans outside of the WWE audience. As it was explained to me, "Pawn Stars" doesn't fit the mode of what The History Channel "should" be, but is the most popular show on that cable network. WWE hopes to eventually reach out to producers and find original content that they can use in a similar vein.

The long term plan is to use the Network to help eventually brand WWE as more of a lifestyle brand instead of just a "sports-entertainment/pro wrestling" company. This is a long term plan and something Vince McMahon has been pushing the company to cultivate for years, so this will not be a one and done XFL type of project. The company intends to completely re-invent their wheel over the next few years, using the Network as their springboard.

The WWE Network is currently scheduled to launch on 4/1/12.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/64357/long-term-plans-for-the-wwe-network.html?p=1

WWE QUIETLY HAS TV TAPING IN FLORIDA: WHY AND WHO WAS INVOLVED
    By Mike Johnson on 2011-12-21 08:44:08 This flew under the radar, but on Wednesday 12/7 WWE held a TV Taping at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida utilizing mostly developmental talents. I was told that the company utilized the talent to film different pilot ideas that could be used for the Network. One was a traditional one hour show about the developmental program (they filmed two episodes) and one was a shorter 30 minute show that would focus on one specific match or rivalry.
    Triple H and John Laurinaitis were both in attendance at the taping, which was free to students of the University. They utilized the FCW ring and set, as well as a screen to play video packages. I was told that one reason the University was used was as a test for running additional tapings there to give a grander look to the FCW product on screen, but also as a test run for doing a more potentially "intimate" WWE show for the Network. The footage shot was for internal use and likely won't make the light of day, even if the series concepts are picked up for the network.

Results from the taping:

Hour One:

*Xavier Woods defeated Big E Langston.

*Richie Steamboat defeated Brad Maddox.

*Kaitlyn & Alica Fox defeated Aksana & Tamina.

*Antonio Cesaro defeated Seth Rollins.

Hour Two:

*Kenneth Cameron defeated Mike Dalton.

*Leakee defeated Ricardo Rodriguez.

*Briley Pierce defeated Derrick Bateman.

*Husky Harris defeated Damien Sandow.

*Leo Kruger defeated Dean Ambrose HHH came out at this point to speak to the crowd.

Half Hour:

*Sheamus & Daniel Bryan defeated Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre when Sheamus nailed McIntyre with the Brogue Kick.

The first hour featured FCW announer Byron Saxton and Chris Russo as announcers. Jim Ross worked the announcing duties with Russo for the remainder of the taping.

At one point, HHH, who was overseeing the taping, did come out to cut a promo for the crowd

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/64358/wwe-quietly-has-tv-taping-in-florida-why-and-who-was-involved.html?p=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

From The Wrestling Observer, and I guess Goldust's twitter
    Goldust stated Wednesday on Twitter he will bar those who do not believe in Jesus Christ.

“I believe in christ and if u dont i block you so go walk with the devil.”

He then wrote “blocked” in response to the following remark: “Why do you block people just because they don’t believe the same things as you do?”

WWE officials temporarily barred the Raw Superstar from using Twitter earlier this year due to his behavior on the microblogging site. He would publicly block users for asking trivial questions, or even no discernible reason

Heel turn for Goldust maybe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

He's certainly being a STAR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

rovert wrote: »
    She seems to be both Marisa Tomei and Mickey Rourke's characters from the Wrestler. Some going.

I lol'd so hard at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I wonder has Goldust had the misfortune to read Ricky Gervais's twitter yet?:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Maria's boobs debut in ROH:

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Heel turn for Goldust maybe:D

He's got a special place in the hearts of old-school fans; I'm surprised he's an ass on twitter. Maybe he's just super-bitter about Cody's success and is venting in this fashion. I get the feeling he hated his dad, his brother and likely his ex-wife Terri, too.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    He's got a special place in the hearts of old-school fans; I'm surprised he's an ass on twitter. Maybe he's just super-bitter about Cody's success and is venting in this fashion. I get the feeling he hated his dad, his brother and likely his ex-wife Terri, too.

He just misses Rellik (which is killer backwards btw, thanks Tenay it would of never dawned on me otherwise) and Misty OR more than likely is a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rovert wrote: »
    Maria's boobs debut in ROH:

Epic boobs are epic :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

During an appearance on "The Abe Kanan Show" on Sirius/XM satellite radio yesterday, former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal stated that he was in talks with WWE to take on The Big Show at Wrestlemania 28 in Miami reports PWInsider.com.

During an appearance on "The Abe Kanan Show" on Sirius/XM satellite radio yesterday, former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal stated that he was in talks with WWE to take on The Big Show at Wrestlemania 28 in Miami reports PWInsider.com.

Fingers crossed Khali, Kane and Mason Ryan get added.
    ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Throw in Orton too

• Advertisement

As of last week, there were plans in place to have Shawn Michaels be the special guest referee for the Triple H vs. Undertaker re-match at WrestleMania 28. The idea is that the two would work together to “screw over” Undertaker as neither has been able to defeat him at past WrestleManias. It’s also possible we’ll see a career vs. streak stipulation added to the match although that is not confirmed. It should also be noted that ‘Taker vs. Triple H is expected to be the co-main event of WrestleMania 28, behind John Cena vs. The Rock.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Before Mark Henry got injured and Daniel Bryan won the World Heavyweight Title at TLC, the plan had always been for him to win eventually. At first they were going to put the belt on him at WrestleMania 28 but some time over the past few months he was set to win it at Elimination Chamber.

Officials chose Bryan to end up with the title after TLC over Big Show because they felt it wouldn’t be much of a big deal if Show kept the title.

It seems WWE has dropped the Brodus Clay storyline, for now at least. Since Brodus tweeted that he was going to lay out John Morrison a few weeks back on Morrison’s final RAW, he’s been forgotten about.

– Skip Sheffield has been told that he’s returning with a push in early 2012.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement