Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'll be shocked if Bryan is still champion come Wrestlemania. Cant see them putting that much faith in him. Hopefully he doesnt end up like Jack Swagger though and is back in the picture shortly after.

Bryan, Sheamus, Christian, Cody, Henry and Orton. Not exactly a bad group to have for the main event of the supposed B show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It seems WWE has dropped the Brodus Clay storyline, for now at least. Since Brodus tweeted that he was going to lay out John Morrison a few weeks back on Morrison’s final RAW, he’s been forgotten about.

I smell a wellness violation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

GTR63 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed Khali, Kane and Mason Ryan get added.
    ;-)

I dunno. I thought Shaq is actually a proper fan of wrestling. He might be interested enough to work hard. Particularly if they bring back that dude from the Mayweather fight who kept shouting 'He can't be hittin' him'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Shaq has been show to be at plenty of the shows on TV and PPV, I'd love to see him at Mania. He knows how to work a crowd at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

This is the same Shaq that wanted a fight in the Ufc(how I wanted to see that) as if Dana White is willing to give anyone a go once. I hope Shaq is a nicer guy than Money Mayweather who is going to prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So Xpac has been arrested for holding some drugs.. Surprise, surprise.

waltmanmugshot.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Legit extremely sad about this. I thought he turned a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

That XPac mugshot is scary - he looks like he's been on Crystal Meth or something... Sad really, when you think what could have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I smell a wellness violation

Nah. they are just pissed that he gave away a Raw angle on Twitter before it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

– While more than a few people within WWE still aren’t totally sold on CM Punk as WWE Champion, it’s said that he has won over a lot of them the past few weeks, especially with his performance at TLC. As noted earlier, it’s possible they’ll be taking the title off Punk in the near future due to declining ratings.

– A feud between John Cena and Daniel Bryan was brought up at a recent WWE creative meeting. This does not mean they are considering it for anytime soon but it was brought up and discussed.

Regarding a match between Cody Rhodes and Goldust at WrestleMania 28, Jim Ross said on Twitter that he would be surprised if it happened.

WWE officials are considering taking the WWE Championship off CM Punk due to ‘terrible ratings patterns’ for his weekly segments on RAW.

The matter was broached prior to Sunday’s WWE TLC pay-per-view event, which saw Punk ultimately retain the strap in a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match against Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. The trend of lackluster ratings for his segments continued the following night on RAW as the program’s overrun, which saw the Straight Edge Superstar, Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder overcame The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler, only gain 59,000 viewers.

One sources notes: “That’s almost impossible given people tune in to see the following show, which basically meant wrestling fans must have been tuning out in droves (they were during the first half of the match but then started gaining at 11 p.m., but hardly gained anything).”

The main event garnered a 2.67 cable rating (2.55 for the first half of the bout). That is by far the lowest-rated main event on RAW in 2011 and possibly the lowest since 1997 for a non-holiday show in its regular time slot.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/wwe-officials-to-take-title-off-cm-punk/

Dave never reported anything about taking the title off Punk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The St. Augustine Record has a story today updating the status of former WWE star Travis Tomko, who was arrested October 10 and charged with robbing a CVS store in St. Augustine, FL of oxycodone. After posting bond after his arrest, Tomko entered a rehab facility in Florida and has been undergoing intensive therapy. He has another month left in the program, which is being paid for by World Wrestling Entertainment. He plans to then do six months of outpatient treatment therapy. Tomko is scheduled to be arraigned on 1/3/12 if a plea deal is not reached beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'll be shocked if Bryan is still champion come Wrestlemania. Cant see them putting that much faith in him. Hopefully he doesnt end up like Jack Swagger though and is back in the picture shortly after.

Bryan, Sheamus, Christian, Cody, Henry and Orton. Not exactly a bad group to have for the main event of the supposed B show.

I agree, so strange to read this:

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/wwe-officials-to-take-title-off-cm-punk/
    - There have been some talks about moving CM Punk to the SmackDown brand later in 2012, to help provide star power.

Strange considering there aren't many stars left on Raw, although presumably they will draft a few there in return.

Nice to read that 2012 will be a big year for Jim Ross.

link via wwe.com

WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann has confirmed that Alberto Del Rio suffered a groin tear during the tag team main event of the Dec. 19 edition of Raw SuperShow.

"We were able to look at an MRI, and it appears as though he has a groin injury that’s severe enough to require surgery," Dr. Amann told WWE.com. "Fortunately for Alberto, the surgery is minimally invasive and the recovery time is usually four to six weeks."

Check back with WWE.com and tune in to Monday Night Raw SuperShow at 9/8 CT on USA Network for the latest updates on Del Rio’s condition.

-- WWE.com have posted their 'Best Matches of 2011' list on their website

25. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes from WrestleMania 27
    24. Yoshi Tatsu vs. Tyson Kidd from WWE NXT
    23. Edge vs. Kane - Last Man Standing Match from Smackdown
    22. CM Punk vs. The Miz vs. Alberto Del Rio from WWE TLC
    21. Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes - Street Fight from Smackdown.
    20. The Miz vs. John Morrison - Falls Count Anywhere WWE Championship match from RAW
    19. Smackdown Elimination Chamber match
    18. Randy Orton vs. CM Punk from Extreme Rules.
    17. Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio for the WWE Championship from RAW
    16. Dolph Ziggler vs. Randy Orton from RAW
    15. Mark Henry vs. Daniel Bryan - Steel Cage Match from Smackdown
    14. Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett from WWE TLC
    13. Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk from Capitol Punishment
    12. John Cena vs. The Miz. John Morrison Steel Cage Match from Extreme Rules
    11. Mark Henry vs. Big Show from Vengeance
    10. Smackdown Money in the Bank Match
    09. Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler from Royal Rumble
    08. John Cena and The Rock vs. Awesome Truth from Survivor Series
    07. The 40-Man Royal Rumble Match
    06. Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio from Extreme Rules
    05. Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship from RAW
    04. RAW Elimination Chamber Match
    03. Randy Orton vs. Christian from Over The Limit
    02. John Cena vs. CM Punk from Money in the Bank
    01. Triple H vs. Undertaker from WrestleMania 27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

HHH vs Undertaker getting #1 is definitely a sign that it's undoubtedly the two of them again at mania, definitely not better than the other match.

Also, pretty much nitpicking here, but the Smackdown EC match was about a thousand times better than the Raw one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

WWE ruining lists once more. CM Punk/Cena MITB deserves the No.1 slot here. I liked Taker/HHH but no way was it better then Punk/Cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The Smackdown EC Chamber was my match of the year. The Rey/Edge ending was brilliant, the best segment of wrestling seen in the WWE this year by a million miles. Especially considering we pretty much knew Edge was going to win.

I'd have Christian/Del Rio, Christian/Orton, Punk/Cena and Taker/HHH rounding out the top 5. I think the crowd and angle made the Punk/Cena match seem better than it actually was and it is similar for HHH/Taker. Both very, very good matches but the setting needs to be taken into account.

Not news just that our own Devitt posted a cool picture with a nice sentiment this holiday season after his last match of 2011
    Ahr848RCIAAGBs6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

CM Punk refused entry into Madison Square Garden for a house show!!

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/22303/CM-Punk-Refused-Entry-to-Madison-Square-Garden/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed
    WWE Champion CM Punk was refused entry to tonight's WWE RAW house show in Madison Square Garden, New York City. The champ was not reconsigned by one of the security officials, who did not believe he was a wrestler. Later another security guard stepped in to let Punk into the building. Punk tweeted: "Sellout the Horizon on a Monday, refused entry to the Garden on Tuesday. My life is awesome."

He added, "Some serious Larry David s***."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I think Michael Cole's comments about how he dresses is kind of right:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CM Punk refused entry into Madison Square Garden for a house show!

AHA HA HA AHAHA "The waffle-house is that way"

bs0414w2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

The Smackdown EC Chamber was my match of the year. The Rey/Edge ending was brilliant, the best segment of wrestling seen in the WWE this year by a million miles. Especially considering we pretty much knew Edge was going to win.

I'd have Christian/Del Rio, Christian/Orton, Punk/Cena and Taker/HHH rounding out the top 5. I think the crowd and angle made the Punk/Cena match seem better than it actually was and it is similar for HHH/Taker. Both very, very good matches but the setting needs to be taken into account.
    Crowd and angle are both perfectly fine reasons for rating a match higher, imo. Would argue Christian/Del Rio was boosted considerably by the crowd too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Crowd and angle are both perfectly fine reasons for rating a match higher, imo. Would argue Christian/Del Rio was boosted considerably by the crowd too.

Note I'm not saying they should not be considered or that they are not worthy of a place in the top 3. Just saying that when deciding the BEST match of the year, you need to take everything into consideration. That I consider them in the best 5 matches of the year should be a sign that I rate them highly for those reasons.

looks like WWE are debuting a House Show set tonight

AhxLajoCMAAA9Zg.jpg

also according to vickie guerreros tweet
    'Flying to Pittsburgh!!! I can’t wait to see the new stage setup tonight. See all of you there'

Garseys wrote: »
    looks like WWE are debuting a House Show set tonight

AhxLajoCMAAA9Zg.jpg

Need's more lights

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

- After much speculation, a source reports that The Iron Sheik will not be a part of the WWE Legends House reality show on the new WWE Network.

Source: NoDQ

No point watching it then :(

- After much speculation, a source reports that The Iron Sheik will not be a part of the WWE Legends House reality show on the new WWE Network.

Source: NoDQ

No point watching it then :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

1.jpg

The big red 'X' reminded me of -

a.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement