Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

John Cena was moved to both the 10pm and the 11pm timeslots on this week’s RAW from CM Punk’s hometown of Chicago because Punk’s TV ratings patterns haven’t been good. While many feel that Cena’s feud with Kane is going to lead to a Cena heel turn, it seems highly unlikely that officials will turn a guaranteed ratings draw like Cena.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

John Cena was moved to both the 10pm and the 11pm timeslots on this week’s RAW from CM Punk’s hometown of Chicago because Punk’s TV ratings patterns haven’t been good. While many feel that Cena’s feud with Kane is going to lead to a Cena heel turn, it seems highly unlikely that officials will turn a guaranteed ratings draw like Cena.

Thanks, Dave :p

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Sorry, but what exactly does this mean for people who are laypeople to undersating ratings?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sorry, but what exactly does this mean for people who are laypeople to undersating ratings?

TV shows tend to end on the hour. The idea is when their show ends, people flick round to see if there's anything else on. Typically, WWE make sure their shows are not on ad breaks when people are typically flicking through the channels, in the hopes that people will see Raw or Smackdown is on, watchit for a while and keep watching it.

The idea is that when people were flicking round in between shows, they would see Punk and he would not entice them to continue watching the show; they'd watch for a few moments and then turn to another channel, meaning ratings stay static. As such, they put Cena in the top of the hour slots in the hopes casual fans will see Cena and continue watching the show.

On top of that, people watching Raw or Smackdown around that time may think "Hmm, new shows will be starting soon, I'll flick round and see if there's anything better on". As such, the top of the hours are vital for retaining people by giving them an angle or character that discourages them from changing the channel to search for a show thats just starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Couldn't have asked for a better answer. Thanks very much.

• Advertisement

001.jpg

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/s/stephaniemcmahon/gallery/workout/tyg-020951.php

The fifth pic above looks like Vince with boobs grafted onto him. Fap to that image. :eek:

rovert wrote: »
    The fifth pic above looks like Vince with boobs grafted onto him. Fap to that image. :eek:

knapp01.png?w=480

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Which are the 10pm and 11pm Timeslots. Depends on the timezone, right? I would assume its the very beginning and then the halfway point would have been the most important times? But Cena appeared halfway through and again at the end? So from the sky sports point of view (2am - 4:15am) it's the 3am and 4am slots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

She looks well for 40 odd!

She looks well for 40 odd!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Mcmahon

• Advertisement

Which are the 10pm and 11pm Timeslots. Depends on the timezone, right? I would assume its the very beginning and then the halfway point would have been the most important times? But Cena appeared halfway through and again at the end? So from the sky sports point of view (2am - 4:15am) it's the 3am and 4am slots?

It would be the 3am and 4am slots; middle of the show and start of the overrun.

WWE will be doing away with the Capitol Punishment pay-per-view in 2012 and replacing it with the returning Bragging Rights pay-per-view, which didn’t take place in 2011. Bragging Rights is scheduled for June 17th, 2012 and is set to air on the WWE Network.

– WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel has been announcing at this week’s RAW live events.

Below is a new Holidays video from pregnant WWE Diva Kharma, teasing a WrestleMania return:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    As noted earlier, there has been internal discussion about how Michael Cole has buried talents over the past year and how that burying hasn’t helped them any.
    Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan were specifically brought up as far as Cole burying them goes. It was pointed out that Cole has put them down in commentary forever and both haven’t been booked as main event talents up until recently and it showed when they had to rely on Bryan, Ryder and CM Punk to carry the RAW main event, which flopped, a few weeks back. Christ it took them this long to figure this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Instead of discussing it just end it and ask yourselves why you did it in the first place. I'm sure the majority of stuff said is being fed to Cole who'd say anything he's fed to say. Bryan has been booked as a bit of a fluke champ(like Sheamus and Punk were in their first reigns) with Big Show treating him as a afterthought and him running away from Henry when he blindsighted him with a belt shot. Didn't he lose to Ziggler and Rhodes the week he cashed in the briefcase, plan ahead FFS wwe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

It's interesting to compare heel Cole with heel Lawlor. I'm not sure what other heel commentators are like. Lawlor would take the sides of the bad guys but neither Ross nor Lawlor ever criticised the in-ring ability or wrestlers, face or heel. And Lawlor's support of the bad guy was always a bit of a joke more than anything. Hopefully Cole's crap talk will stop soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's interesting to compare heel Cole with heel Lawlor. I'm not sure what other heel commentators are like. Lawlor would take the sides of the bad guys but neither Ross nor Lawlor ever criticised the in-ring ability or wrestlers, face or heel. And Lawlor's support of the bad guy was always a bit of a joke more than anything. Hopefully Cole's crap talk will stop soon.

That what's the majority of the heel commentators did. They rarely bury a talent, the only time it may happen is if said baby face was leaving the company very soon after. 99% of the time they put the heel over as brilliant in every way and condem everything the baby face did while defending everything the heel did. Cole, I think, is the first major commentator to actually go out of his way to put down talent. The majority of people knew it was a bad idea after a few weeks at most, how it took WWE this long to realise it, is beyond me.

Somehow I dont think Vince would open a show like this:

inokicrucified.png

For those who dont know that is Antonio Inoki ex New Japan Pro Wrestling boss. Kind of as a wrestler Japan's Hulk Hogan and then as a promoter Japan's Vince McMahon. Mad as a brush he once bought a TREASURE ISLAND from Fidel Castro. :pac: Also wanted Vince McMahon to promote a wrestling card in Antarctica to raise awareness of global warming with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

rovert wrote: »
    Somehow I dont think Vince would open a show like this:

inokicrucified.png

For those who dont know that is Antonio Inoki ex New Japan Pro Wrestling boss. Kind of as a wrestler Japan's Hulk Hogan and then as a promoter Japan's Vince McMahon. Mad as a brush he once bought a TREASURE ISLAND from Fidel Castro. :pac: Also wanted Vince McMahon to promote a wrestling card in Antarctica to raise awareness of global warming with him.

You can say that again about Inoki being Japan's Vince McMahon. They're both a little mad in the head, always have been.

As for the picture. Don't hold your breath about Vince not doing something like this. Vince will do ANYTHING. He did afterall wrestle god, he wanted to do an incest storyline with his daugther Stephanie and l believe he was a very big supporter of the Katie Vick angle.

I reckon they'd make the best of friends, if they're not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Riddle101 wrote: »
    You can say that again about Inoki being Japan's Vince McMahon. They're both a little mad in the head, always have been.

As for the picture. Don't hold your breath about Vince not doing something like this. Vince will do ANYTHING. He did afterall wrestle god, he wanted to do an incest storyline with his daugther Stephanie and l believe he was a very big supporter of the Katie Vick angle.

I reckon they'd make the best of friends, if they're not already.

Sure isn't Inoki in the WWE Hall of Fame?

• Advertisement

Regarding Randy Orton, there have been a number of different ideas on how to handle his injury creatively, since at one point he was set to win the Royal Rumble in his hometown of St. Louis.

Officials have discussed having Orton do a surprise return late in the Rumble, win it and then take more time off to heal leading into WrestleMania 28.

Keeping him off the Rumble and having him return around Elimination Chamber to set up his WrestleMania match has also been discussed.

Orton is currently scheduled for the Jan. 16 RAW SuperShow in Anaheim, California and the Royal Rumble taking place Jan. 29 in St. Louis, Missouri. No word on if he’ll be wrestling or doing run-ins.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/randy-orton-injury-causes-royal-rumble-changes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Ugh hope he doesn't win it. Would be a wasted chance to get someone else over. Would benefit Sheamus or Ziggler ten times more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

deisedude wrote: »
    Ugh hope he doesn't win it. Would be a wasted chance to get someone else over. Would benefit Sheamus or Ziggler ten times more
    Im guessing Ziggler will be in a title match, so unless he loses and pulls double duty? Sheamus must be a contender, he isnt really doing anything other than killing opponents. so can go straight in to the Wrestlemania build up afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

deisedude wrote: »

I hope he dosen't win it also. With luck, Wade Barrett will capitalise on this and win himself. But I think Sheamus will win it. He hasn't been doing much lately but squash guys, which leads me to believe they're prepping him for a Rumble win.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    As noted earlier, there has been internal discussion about how Michael Cole has buried talents over the past year and how that burying hasn’t helped them any.
    Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan were specifically brought up as far as Cole burying them goes. It was pointed out that Cole has put them down in commentary forever and both haven’t been booked as main event talents up until recently and it showed when they had to rely on Bryan, Ryder and CM Punk to carry the RAW main event, which flopped, a few weeks back.

Based on Raw this week Cole must of failed to get the memo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Check out who is on the Elimination Chamber poster!!

sheamuschamber.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

That's a class poster. Much better than the Rumble 1 anyway

RoyalRumble2012.jpg

Check out who is on the Elimination Chamber poster!!

sheamuschamber.jpg

Kewl poster I thought at first that he was playing with a chamber playset with WWE figures.
    The Royal Rumble poster is unreal compared to the one with Hornswoggle on Big Shows lap (think it was for MITB last year).

Regarding the online rumor of Rob Van Dam returning to WWE, Power Slam confirms in their latest issue that RVD is seriously considering returning to the organization once his contract with TNA Wrestling expires. The magazine adds that the feeling is mutual as people in WWE want the master of the Five-Star Frog Splash back.

"RVD from what we're told would receive a warm welcome in WWE," the magazine says.

Providing that no contract extension has been reached since his arrival to TNA Wrestling in March 2010, it would appear that Van Dam will be a free agent in the near future. It was reported in 2010 that RVD had signed a two-year contract with TNA.

During his hiatus from full-time wrestling, Van Dam said he would consider returning to WWE if and when he felt ready.

"One thing that's for sure is that WWE and I do have a good-faith understanding that if and when I'm ready to return that I’ll be talking to them. They look forward and hope that we'll be doing business again," he told the Baltimore Sun during an interview.

Van Dam, who turned 41 years old last month, performed for WWE from 2001 to 2007. Should RVD return to WWE, he would join a select group of former WWE world champions—Booker T, Kevin Nash and Mick Foley—who joined TNA and ultimately returned to the Stamford based organization.

Please just stick with TNA and don't come back to the WWE Rob.

I know hes popular enough but RVD is just one of those wrestlers I never took a shine to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Unless he's doing a 180 attitude change, i don't wanna see him in WWE. RVD in TNA is unmotivated and lazy, not to mention on autopilot in his matches. Just get in his trademark moves and never job. Worthless in TNA at the moment.

I get the feeling he was most over due to his workrate, and if he truly has lost many steps since a decade ago, he'd be next to useless in WWE as well. Here's hoping he proves me wrong and pulls a Goldust, getting motivated and his life back on track after leaving TNA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement