Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Check out who is on the Elimination Chamber poster!!

sheamuschamber.jpg

Don't want to drag the thread too much off topic but is there any inference to be had from having him on the poster? Does it suggest he'll be in the main event and so won't have won the Rumble or is that too much of a leap? Anyway it's good to see him being acknowledged as a big deal once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

According to several different sites, Alberto Del Rio is injured for 6 weeks thus going to miss the Royal Rumble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jim Ross's goatee at a Basketball game

How Fergal Devitt made his Toyko Dome show entrance ahead of his IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title match today:

20120104018.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Whoever is willing to welcome RVD back to WWE must have missed his entire TNA run thus far. You could easily count his good matches on one hand. Even when he faced the likes of AJ Styles he didnt seem bothered.

If I were TNA, I'd seriously start jobbing him out to the younger guys and have someone like Roode take him out in the end. Roode can then claim to have ended his career or something. They screwed up with the likes of Nash and Booker who were allowed just leave, They have RVD for another few months, best make use of him for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1030/cm-punk-to-corner-ufc-s-chael-sonnen
    Punk will be in Chael Sonnen's corner for his fight vs Munoz. Cue someone saying maybe Dana will allow Lesnar to turn up on WWE tv as some sort of talent cameo trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

*Insert awful Straight-Edge Chael Sonnen joke*

*Insert awful Straight-Edge Chael Sonnen joke*

I'm thinking about that tweet he had about athletes using performance enhancing drugs calling them pussies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ultimate warriors twitter:
    RT @GregKOESTER Why not dye the hair...pull a Kevin Nash return?" I'm not a d!ckhead who thrives on stealing the limelight from young guys.

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source

Kevin Nash has challenged the Ultimate Warrior to fight him in a shoot Wrestlemania weekend in Miami.
    No, that is not a typo.

Honest.

It all began on 1/3 when Warrior responded to a fan asking why he didn't "dye the hair" and "pull a Kevin Nash return" on Twitter, responding, "I'm not a d***head who thrives on stealing the limelight from young guys."

Nash was made aware of that comment earlier tonight, writing on his own Twitter account, "Never realized I had a problem with Jim (Warrior). Seemed to get along fine in Scottsdale. Come on my clown, turn that frown upside down. A true warrior never turns down a challenge. Put up a 100K. I'll do the same. 3 rounds. mma rules. winner take all. I'm talking shoot, not sports entertainment. Jim Hellwig needs to put up or shut the f**k up. Day before Mania in Miami area. Warrior will have to pass all hiv and hep a b and c tests. I'll do the same. I'm tired of this guy talking sh** about the boys & me. When they stop it or you tap, i'll quit, or you can apologize like the c**t you are."

Wisconsin independent promoter Dave Herro of Great Lakes Championship Wrestling responded that he'd like to help make the fight happen and Nash responded, telling Herro to do it and added, "I'm not bullsh***ing!"

Warrior has yet to respond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The idea of a real Warrior/Nash fight is hilarious.

Probably a worked shoot like Nash and Ricky Morton was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Gabe Sapolsky tweeted both satyibg they can wrestle in DGUSA in Miami :p

Kevin Nash in a real fight?!
    Bahahahhahaaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1030/cm-punk-to-corner-ufc-s-chael-sonnen
    Punk will be in Chael Sonnen's corner for his fight vs Munoz. Cue someone saying maybe Dana will allow Lesnar to turn up on WWE tv as some sort of talent cameo trade.

Dunno how legally binding that would be. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    There is heat on Evan Bourne after Triple H confronted him a few weeks ago, blaming him for the story getting out about R-Truth’s suspension being for fake marijuana or spice, as well as how they were smoking it together.

It’s said that Triple H is not a fan of Bourne but Stephanie McMahon thinks he brings something unique to the table. Even with Stephanie’s support, there is whispers within WWE that Bourne is about to be the next Paul London – a guy with talent who is going to be broken mentally by the system.

There is also heat on Bourne because of the idea that you are not supposed to publicly show frustration with company and some feel that he has done that through Twitter at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Brodus Clay was backstage at Monday's RAW Supershow from Memphis and was scheduled to debut on TV, squashing a local wrestler. As plans changed through the day, once again Clay was bumped from the script.
    WWE will be going with the storyline of Brodus being pissed at being pushed back so many times that he's even angrier than before. Officials do want to get Clay on TV as soon as possible to establish him as a monster. They wanted him to go into the Royal Rumble as one of the top big guys but it remains to be seen if he will debut before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

In regards Nash's challenge, surely it would only take one good kick to the knee and he'd be in a world of trouble? The guy can hardly walk and he's challenging lunatics to shoot fights? Dont think it'll happen, but I'd put my money on Warrior given Nash's condition.

As for Clay, Just leave him until the Rumble and have him eliminate all the nobodies like Santino and Tyson Kidd. He can even get a feud out of it as well. When he gets eliminated he can go back in and eliminate whoever eliminated him and have the two fight to the back. Simple :D

According to William Regal's twitter WOS wrestler Dave Bond. Really saddened by this he was great in the book The Wrestling by Simon Garfield.

In honour of him I would like to direct people to a match of his:
    This was the only television appearance of the Caribbean Sunshine Boys, Dave Bond and Johnny Kincaid, and holy **** were they amazing. The match starts out like a traditional WOS match, fast pretty technical exchanges from both teams. British Kung Fu wrestles a lot like lucha Kung Fu although neither resemble actual Kung Fu. After the Roberts/Kung Fu team gets the best of them in the technical wrestling, the Sunshine Boys start bending the rules a bit, and then they bend them a bit more, and then they rip the rule book to shreds. Just classic heel stuff which is utterly enraging the British crowd. Just a frenzy of insane crowd hate. The Sunshine Boys were just masters at sneaking in cheap shots and giving incredulous looks when they were challenged. They only teamed together for six months because they caused too many ringside riots and press controversy, and you can see why.

http://tinyurl.com/7kn7lvb

Not a huge story but Booker T has revealed his fave five on twitter.
    1. D.Bryan.
    2. Sheamus.
    3. Wade Barrett.
    4. Zack Ryder.
    5. Drew McIntyre.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1095/booker-t-reveals-his-fave-five-mcmahon-hollywood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not a huge story but Booker T has revealed his fave five on twitter.
    1. D.Bryan.
    2. Sheamus.
    3. Wade Barrett.
    4. Zack Ryder.
    5. Drew McIntyre.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1095/booker-t-reveals-his-fave-five-mcmahon-hollywood

No Cody :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I fully expected him to have been world champion by now. How they screwed up so badly with him is beyond me. I wouldnt even buy him as a midcard champion now. He needs a lot of work to look like a challenger again. That move to Raw more or less killed his career which is bizarre as he was supposidly one of Triple H's favourites during his time on Smackdown.

Isn't it interesting how moves from Smackdown to Raw generally kills a guys career while a move the other way usually does the exact opposite. Just an observation.

TNA, the new FCW it seems.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    There is heat on Evan Bourne after Triple H confronted him a few weeks ago, blaming him for the story getting out about R-Truth’s suspension being for fake marijuana or spice, as well as how they were smoking it together.

It’s said that Triple H is not a fan of Bourne but Stephanie McMahon thinks he brings something unique to the table. Even with Stephanie’s support, there is whispers within WWE that Bourne is about to be the next Paul London – a guy with talent who is going to be broken mentally by the system.

There is also heat on Bourne because of the idea that you are not supposed to publicly show frustration with company and some feel that he has done that through Twitter at times.

Glad I got off that train at the right time

The Ultimate Warrior has posted a ten minute response to Kevin Nash's challenge for Warrior to face him in a MMA fight Wrestlemania weekend in Miami:

After Ultimate Warrior posted this video, Nash responded via Twitter:

"Helwig goes Dr. evil on me. What does he want, 1 billion dollars? How about this Jim, you pick the time and place for free and fun."

Kayfabish Magazines are now dirtsheets:

Lord give me strength

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The Ultimate Warrior has posted a ten minute response to Kevin Nash's challenge for Warrior to face him in a MMA fight Wrestlemania weekend in Miami:

After Ultimate Warrior posted this video, Nash responded via Twitter:

"Helwig goes Dr. evil on me. What does he want, 1 billion dollars? How about this Jim, you pick the time and place for free and fun."

I don't really care much for Ultimate Warrior, but you can't actually fault him on what he saying here. At least compared to Nash who seems to be acting like a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Who do think would win though? I think Warrior would hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Hmm, i'd give the edge to Warrior because Nash is a bit broken down due to past injuries. I don't think Warrior has any disadvantages to Nash other then his height.

• Advertisement

Madman Manson went and got himself a facebook!

LINKY

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement