Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Spot on, every seat in the house is great. I was there for a concert in 05 and found it amazing, I imagine its even better now since its refurbishment.

Think I'll try and make the trip for 30 if its there, I can see tickets going fast though with the 20,000 limit.

I may go myself. Have family in brooklyn I can stay with

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

flahavaj wrote: »
    The upside is getting to go to an amazing City like NY for a few days a opposed to some of the places they've had it the last few years that have little to offer a holidaymaker.

Would seriously con sider 29/30 if it was in NY. Love the place and have to get to a Mania before I look too old to not look like too much of a sad loser.:pac:
    CMpunked wrote: »
    I have always been very tempted to go to wm every year with Kane-N-Nite and the rest of the lads but with a concern of flying and funds low i have always thought that if wm 30 is in NY i would have to go. It wouldnt bother me if it wasnt in the garden too much, but i guess you would have a better chance to get a good view as opposed to a full on football stadium. :(

Yea if its in NJ or NY i think i would have to go aswell . Was in NYC for 9 days a few years ago i kinda fell in love with the city and have been dying to go back ever since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So we end up unable to arrange a boards meet up in Dublin for mania, but new york? Not a problem! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You's are aware tickets for the actual event will probably be quite expensive, yeah? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You's are aware tickets for the actual event will probably be quite expensive, yeah? :p

300ish for the best seats.
    If its being done in pairs it's better to get the package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

CMpunked wrote: »
    So we end up unable to arrange a boards meet up in Dublin for mania, but new york? Not a problem! :P

That would be cause of it been the greatest city in the world

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

As noted before, WWE officials have had talks about Chris Jericho winning the Royal Rumble this year.

There was an idea suggested this past weekend where Jericho won’t speak on RAW until after the Rumble. This would see Jericho give his big victory speech, speak for the first time since returning and likely call out WWE Champion CM Punk for WrestleMania 28.

We shall see.
    http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/report-chris-jericho-to-remain-silent-on-raw/
    Partial Source: Pwinsider

– Zack Ryder was at LucasFilm in California working on an unconfirmed project of some kind. Ryder may be off television for a few weeks to see his chokeslam at the hands of Kane.

– Next week’s Smackdown taping in Las Vegas is advertising the “infamous Roulette Wheel,”: which will be the RAW Roulette gimmick. Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry vs. Big Show in a steel cage is being advertised locally.
    http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/sd-roulette-wheel-next-week-hof-tix-update/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

– While nothing has been confirmed, there is a lot of talk that Dallas, TX will host WrestleMania 29.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/wrestlemania-29-rumor-raw-notes-corgan/

Was kinda hoping it would be in Canada so id have a reason to finally go there :D

Could be by why Edge is going into HOF this year so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Just read this. WWE teasing a Cena heel turn online. Don't think it will happen though.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-01-02/should-cena-embrace-hate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just read this. WWE teasing a Cena heel turn online. Don't think it will happen though.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-01-02/should-cena-embrace-hate

Your instincts are probably right. WWE.com were teasing Diva tag belts but everyone knows that aint happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    Diva tag belts

Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha. Imagine 2 diva matches a week on Raw, that wouldn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Garseys wrote: »

I had a discussion/arguement about this a few years ago (I think when Jerry Jarrett was seen hanging around WWE HQ) with someone and while it could be true, it's highly unlikely to have been kept a secret this long. Something that big, wouldnt stay a secret for long.

WWE recently started acknowledging TNA title reigns, something they never did before. I think WWE might have went to TNA with some sort of deal. You let Flair appear at the HoF and we'll give you a bit of free subtle advertising and acknowledgement, or something along those lines. A trade off is much more likely than Vince secretly owning two companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Vince pulls Punk from his UFC on FOX appearance,not suprised tbh.
    http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10022817.shtml

GTR63 wrote: »

Even if they are independent contractors? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I had a discussion/arguement about this a few years ago (I think when Jerry Jarrett was seen hanging around WWE HQ) with someone and while it could be true, it's highly unlikely to have been kept a secret this long. Something that big, wouldnt stay a secret for long.

WWE recently started acknowledging TNA title reigns, something they never did before. I think WWE might have went to TNA with some sort of deal. You let Flair appear at the HoF and we'll give you a bit of free subtle advertising and acknowledgement, or something along those lines. A trade off is much more likely than Vince secretly owning two companies.

I like the sound of that. If Ric Flair does appear at the Hall Of Fame, then Vince must have made a deal with TNA to do so. TNA wouldn't let Mick Foley make an appearence on the raw when The Rock had his birthday, even though Foley stated he wanted to be there. So maybe a deal was made.

I bet Punk is kicking himself for signing that contract now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Strange, considering Batista, HHH and Taker have done the same in the past. Although, they were boxing matches though?

Good riddance to the ECW arena

378450_2496116366920_1373170863_32023592_1061030615_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

WWE recently started acknowledging TNA title reigns, something they never did before.
    when did this happen,i can't remember them doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    when did this happen,i can't remember them doing this.

It's not something they do overtly in a "So-and-so is a 2 time WWE and 2 time TNA champion". More, when they say "So and so is a 4 time world champion", they count TNA World title runs now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

It's not something they do overtly in a "So-and-so is a 2 time WWE and 2 time TNA champion". More, when they say "So and so is a 4 time world champion", they count TNA World title runs now...
    i assume that is for christian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

also remember them doing it for kevin nash and booker t

THQ cancelled all of their 2014 projects (WWE, UFC, Saints Row, etc.) and the company looks to be on its deathbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Going by WWE 12, that's a godsend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    THQ cancelled all of their 2014 projects (WWE, UFC, Saints Row, etc.) and the company looks to be on its deathbed.

What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

source

A rumor spreading fast via Twitter on Sunday holds that THQ has canceled its entire 2014 slate of releases to position the company for sale.

Kevin Dent, a games industry veteran, tweeted late yesterday that THQ had canceled an MMO it was developing under license from The Games Workshop, meaning Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millenium Online (pictured above). Dent went on to say that the publisher had also canceled all projects due for release in 2014 and was in the process of returning intellectual property to their licensors.

The purpose, Dent alleges, is to ready THQ for sale. "I am hearing everything (in 2014 is canceled), they need to preserve cash," he said. Dent noted THQ's stock price is around 66 cents; it was about $6 this time last year.

Games THQ publishes under license include the Warhammer 40,000 series as well as the WWE and UFC lines, both of which are under exclusive license. Other games THQ publishes include the Red Faction and Saints Row series. In October 2010, it opened a studio in Montréal, luring away Patrice Désilets from Ubisoft, where he had been creative director of Assassin's Creed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I had no idea they were under hard times. I thought with the games Rovert mentioned they were doing fine. I hope WWE '12 patrons aren't waiting on more DLC! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Imagine if BioWare took over from THQ and started making WWE games instead. Their story modes could be really interesting if they made it the same way they make their games where you have several different endings to whichever wrestler you decide to play.

E.G Depending on the choices your character makes, you can either have a heel ending(maybe at Wrestlmania you face Undertaker and beat his streak, then smash him serveral times with a chair) a face ending(You beat the Undertaker's streak and he gives you respect before the lights go out and and when they come back on he's gone) or a neutral ending(You beat the Undertaker and celebrate in the ring and that's it)

One can dream right:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

WWE game will be snapped up pretty quickly by someone else. Makes plenty of money and its a yearly guarantee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement