Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I had no idea they were under hard times. I thought with the games Rovert mentioned they were doing fine. I hope WWE '12 patrons aren't waiting on more DLC! :eek:

My guess is that titles such as wwe brawl, due to come out next year, will still come out as scheduled.
    But the wwe 12 DLC has already been created, so there wouldnt be much sense in not releasing them now.

Well... i hope not. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

WWE game will be snapped up pretty quickly by someone else. Makes plenty of money and its a yearly guarantee.

kinda of glad that THQ actually made a really good effort with '12 then.

I wonder if Yukes will still be developing it though... or maybe if it even went with EA (something that would be interesting to see)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Twitter
    WWEEpico Epico
    We came, we saw, we conquered!! And tonight Primo and Epico are the new WWE Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

On a house show christ i knew bourne was in the doghouse,but he will be lucky to see wrestlemania at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just proves how important it is to always be mentally prepared for all Title matches. IMO if they came into the match with the mindset of being televised they wouldn't have lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

CMpunked wrote: »
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    I had no idea they were under hard times. I thought with the games Rovert mentioned they were doing fine. I hope WWE '12 patrons aren't waiting on more DLC! :eek:

My guess is that titles such as wwe brawl, due to come out next year, will still come out as scheduled.
    But the wwe 12 DLC has already been created, so there wouldnt be much sense in not releasing them now.

Well... i hope not. :o
    Well it says all 2014 projects, so this years DLC will be released, as well as the rumoured All-stars 2 (to be released in the summer) and then WWE 13 will more than likely be the last WWE in the series as we know it.

In fairness, there's not gonna be any new superstars in 13 that aren't in 12, as there have been no new stars in recent months, except Jericho and masked Kane. So most models just need to be updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Been playing WWE 12 the odd time for the last week, not been that impressed with it. Suprised thq are on the brink Saints Row the 3rd sold well since release, red faction armageddon was a total disaster last year. It'd be priceless if UFC have to sign with EA after Dana White clashed with them before. Hard to know who would want the wwe licence hope whoever gets it dumps the current engine off a huge cliff.
    So Rosa Mendes' ass is Tag Champs ok then.

Could see EA MMA being a yearly release wit the inclusion of UFC fighters, arenas, etc.
    As for WWE games, I couldn't see EA taking it up as it isn't classed as a 'real' sport. They could put it under whatever branch they use for the SSX and FIFA street games. 2k games could also be a good choice wit uIe success of their NBA games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If the WWE games have to find a new home, I think I'll be skipping the 2014 version as it would likely have to be built from scratch (like TNA's game, and that took several years) instead of just tweaked every year to make it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Could see EA MMA being a yearly release wit the inclusion of UFC fighters, arenas, etc.
    As for WWE games, I couldn't see EA taking it up as it isn't classed as a 'real' sport. They could put it under whatever branch they use for the SSX and FIFA street games. 2k games could also be a good choice wit uIe success of their NBA games.
    never going to happen.
    Why would ufc give fighters to a rival game?
    Ufc hold the licence for fighter rights so any fighters who want to be in game can never of signed a contract with the ufc, There was a bi thing about this when the game was coming out first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shame WWE wouldnt give USOs a tag title reign

The THQ rumour has been confirmed false: http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/1216592

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Still wouldn't count it out. Game production companies deny it all the time. They'll still release the majority of their games as it dwindles down, but they won't sign for any new ones.

Still wouldn't count it out. Game production companies deny it all the time. They'll still release the majority of their games as it dwindles down, but they won't sign for any new ones.
    Even so I'd say the WWE games are pretty safe once THQ is still goin as they mention it as one of their biggest sales every year.

This made me laugh when I heard the radio show:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Wasn't THQ re-bought and re-vamped only a year and a half ago. Pretty sure they had a thing about it at E3.

Very doubtful to believe it's gone under considering Saints Row and WWE 12 had huge success.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stephanie McMahon revealed in her interview with Entertainment Weekly that WWE plans to take a page out of the Twilight book to promote the John Cena vs. The Rock WrestleMania 28 main event. She said she wants fans to get engaged like teams similar to Team Edward vs. Team Jacob. “My team talked about ways to get people engaged in our main event, which is The Rock against John Cena. We want fans to take sides and engage in virtual face-offs – think Team Edward vs. Team Jacob.”

“My team talked about ways to get people engaged in our main event, which is The Rock against John Cena. We want fans to take sides and engage in virtual face-offs – think Team Edward vs. Team Jacob.”

Virtual?
    How old is this article? Could it be possible she is talking about how when THQ went about getting people to vote for "The champs edition" or "The peoples edition" as being the special versions of wwe12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Stephanie McMahon revealed in her interview with Entertainment Weekly that WWE plans to take a page out of the Twilight book to promote the John Cena vs. The Rock WrestleMania 28 main event. She said she wants fans to get engaged like teams similar to Team Edward vs. Team Jacob. “My team talked about ways to get people engaged in our main event, which is The Rock against John Cena. We want fans to take sides and engage in virtual face-offs – think Team Edward vs. Team Jacob.”

3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

• Advertisement

3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

Well if you didnt before you certainly wont now:

Official WM28 song, apparently.
    :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

:mad: why oh why!!! do the WWE hate people

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Oh the irony of this comment on youtube
    I was really feeling this song, but the connection to lame ass wrestling kills it for me. lol Hopefully MGK got a fat check tho.

Its just your run of the mill Rap Artist doing a slow/ballad song with a female artist

WWE News: Evan Bourne suspended for the second time
    Jan 17, 2012 - 09:09 AM

WWE announced that Evan Bourne (a/k/a Matthew Korklan) has failed a second Wellness Policy test. Bourne was suspended for 60 days. You can read the official announcement at Corporate.WWE.com.

Powell's POV: I mentioned in my Raw audio review that the rumor regarding a second suspension was making the rounds. Unfortunately, the rumor was true. Bourne was said to be upset with WWE for suspending him the first time, yet allowing R-Truth to work through Survivor Series. Bourne was previously suspended for 30 days back on November 1.

What a dope.

Poor Kofi will get punished again no doubt. Have a word with him Punk FFS. I'd say Bourne will be lucky to survive this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭Penn

After Wrestlemania they'll probably boot his ass out the door so hard that he'll be Air Bourne!

bad-joke-eel-go-with-it-26140-1326310804-82.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

GTR63 wrote: »
    Poor Kofi will get punished again no doubt. Have a word with him Punk FFS. I'd say Bourne will be lucky to survive this.

Isn't Stephanie meant to be a big supporter of his though?

Penn wrote: »
    After Wrestlemania they'll probably boot his ass out the door so hard that he'll be Air Bourne!

bad-joke-eel-go-with-it-26140-1326310804-82.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREJJ4fA1uhLlPuVK3FcQJ1Q5GZ6qVYuJu57Wm6IMYaoROS_RqU2VjpWgNIgQ

• Advertisement

Isn't Stephanie meant to be a big supporter of his though?

He hasn't done anything since that rivalry with Orton, was that 2 years ago think so. Remember lads to hashtag Evan Bourne on twitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement