Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What kind of a clown lets himself get caught again so soon after his last offence. Just as he and Kofi were getting repushed and the future of tag wrestling was starting to look a little brighter in WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Have to wonder if Bourne is trying to get himself fired. How else would you get caught twice in such a short period of time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Have to wonder if Bourne is trying to get himself fired. How else would you get caught twice in such a short period of time?

He is addicted and cant give up.

But of course weed isnt addictive of course.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Jesus Bourne, get your act together...

Feel really bad for Kofi now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

You would hope wwe would start to push Kofi again as a strong face (like his programme with Orton) . He is well over with the crowd and is a big merch seller .

Hopefully he gets drafted to SD again to help build him up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You would hope wwe would start to push Kofi again as a strong face (like his programme with Orton) . He is well over with the crowd and is a big merch seller .

Hopefully he gets drafted to SD again to help build him up

If Ryder is going to be out injuried I'd Kofi feud with Swagger for the US title or if he goes to SD please put him in a tag team with Booker T leading to a feud later between them :p Can you boom it? SUCKAAAAAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

What a f*cking idiot. He get's a push, becomes half of the tag champions and he screws it up twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just the sack the silly cúnt,he's bland as fúck anyways,would be no great loss.

Just the sack the silly cúnt,he's bland as fúck anyways,would be no great loss.

Or somebody call his momma so she can have a chat with Vince and Johnny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rovert wrote: »
    Or somebody call his momma so she can have a chat with Vince and Johnny.

bet you were waiting all day for that setup

• Advertisement

bet you were waiting all day for that setup

Nope. Hardly needs one really. Not that elaborate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Not sure why people are surprised at Evan Bourne getting high. Michael Cole has been telling us Bourne is an aviation nut with ages!

*gets coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just read the Fozzy have been resigned by Century Media Records. Does this mean that Y2J's return will be shortlived? :(

Voltwad wrote: »
    Just read the Fozzy have been resigned by Century Media Records. Does this mean that Y2J's return will be shortlived? :(

One can only hope!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

James Storm has a son:

x2_a7f159e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Voltwad wrote: »

Jericho's got many projects on his plate. He'd've worked out with the record company that they must work around his WWE schedule, as WWE would have to allow him to leave to do his other stuff. Jericho's a very savy negotiator and wants to do as much as he can, knows WWE need him more than the other way around, and that's how it is. Without HHH, Taker, Shawn, Batista, Edge etc, veterans & solid workers are in short supply.

That said, I'd expect him to work on his music, star in a film or TV appearance etc on his off days, and maybe do a full tour in 2 years; or he's worked out pockets of a month off here and there with WWE.

Sure he had done all he could with the honest man character in 3 years; maybe this run will be that long too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– Look for WWE to come up with a new babyface tag team to challenge Primo and Epico for the Tag Team Titles. WWE had plans in place for Primo & Epico’s tag team title run but Evan Bourne’s most recent suspension sped things up.

– As noted before, the final RAW Supershow before WrestleMania 28 will be on March 26th in Atlanta, Georgia with an appearance by The Rock. Right now this is scheduled to be a three-hour show.

– As noted before, WWE is working on a new focus study for males & females ages 12-17. The 90 minute focus group will take place on January 26th in White Plains, New York and WWE will be trying to figure out why the RAW ratings for that demographic have dropped big time in recent years.

– As noted before, WWE is working on a new focus study for males & females ages 12-17. The 90 minute focus group will take place on January 26th in White Plains, New York and WWE will be trying to figure out why the RAW ratings for that demographic have dropped big time in recent years.

Good move wwe.
    Now, if they had a focus group of 22-27 year olds, then they would know exactly the problem.

#smark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

– Look for WWE to come up with a new babyface tag team to challenge Primo and Epico for the Tag Team Titles. WWE had plans in place for Primo & Epico’s tag team title run but Evan Bourne’s most recent suspension sped things up.

I wonder how well a John Cena and Zack Ryder tag-team would be accepted? I mean it would keep Cena out of the WWE Championship picture for a while longer and keep him busy until Rock comes back 2 or 3 weeks before Wrestlemania.

Could even have some sort of a Rosa Mendez/Eve Torres spin-off feud to accompany that. Dancing or wrestling I don't mind!

Much rather see Cena and Ryder go for the tag-team belts rather someone like Santino get thrown together with someone like JTG. Having Cena as tag-team champ, even for a short while, may help rebuild a bit of prestige to the belts coming up to Wrestlemania but maybe that ship has sailed along with the prestige of the Intercontinental belt too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sheamus & Hornswoggle...

Charisteas wrote: »
    I wonder how well a John Cena and Zack Ryder tag-team would be accepted? I mean it would keep Cena out of the WWE Championship picture for a while longer and keep him busy until Rock comes back 2 or 3 weeks before Wrestlemania.

Cena enters the EC and is eliminated by Kane. Or swagger.
    That keeps him nicely out of the WC picture and doesnt revert to him going into another program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I know he recently got the US belt but I don't regard Ryder as much higher than Santino. I think if Cena tagged with him on a exclusively it'd diminish his drawing power; but what they're doing now, that they're mates and regularly interact/tag won't affect Cena.

it's weird how they book ryder, from jobber to competant mid-carder to being injured but still having to take 3 gutwrench powerbombs to defeat him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ted Jnr is kinda feuding with them currently I'd give him a tag partner maybe Drew if he isnt "fired" or Perfect Jnr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Surely it'd be mutually beneficial for Jericho to work a reduced WWE schedule while building a Fozzy tour around that? Like, how many Fozzy fans aren't wrestling fans?

Would like to see Drew have a run as a face,he's a very likeable fella in real life,much like Sheamus,so I'd say he'd have a decent chance of getting over.Would make more sense then what they're doing with him now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

who is the woman in the background of the james storm picture, herself taking a picture though the window, looks kind off odd and out of place to me, doesnt look like she is a relative etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

montyrebel wrote: »
    who is the woman in the background of the james storm picture, herself taking a picture though the window, looks kind off odd and out of place to me, doesnt look like she is a relative etc

This.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tyson Kidd Interview/article

He does mention tag teams, I think he could really ad depth and talent to the division - he could work well with a bigger guy as heels or more Agile guy as a face team.

Personally I think he could be an excellent singles competitor if given a chance.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2012/01/20/19274356.html
    Tyson Kidd isn't headlining any pay-per-views and he doesn't have a cute catchphrase.
    But if all goes according to plan, the 31-year-old dreams of WWE superstardom. And, why not? He's got a balls-to-the-wall in-ring attitude and he's riding shotgun with guys like CM Punk who have been there and done that.
    "I know it might come across as arrogance. I'm sorry, but I know I can outperform a lot of people," said Kidd. "But when the (door opens), I'm going to kick it in."
    "I'm a big fan of tag teams again. I've been looking, scouting (for a partner). I've done a couple of matches with Johnny Curtis and Justin Gabriel. When I teamed with Justin, I thought we gelled perfectly. Even with a guy like Trent Baretta. I think we could give a Hardy Boys type of feel.
    "When I saw Air Boom URL="http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/bourne-evan.html"]Evan Bourne[/URL] & [URL="http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/kingston-kofi.html"]Kofi Kingston[/URL perform, I went out of my mind. It was two guys with high-octane offence forming a team. It was exciting. I have the same type of mentality, maybe with a submission move thrown in.

"People have said it before, but if it's not your goal to be at the top, what are you doing this for? I've set a bunch of little goals that I hope to accomplish. And right now, the tag team scene is what I want to do."
    Kidd has hung out a lot with Punk, who rose to the top.
    "He has a different way of thinking than most guys," said Kidd. "Basically, the message is if I've come this far, I'm already halfway into the forest and I can't go back.
    "He's a guy I can text anytime. If it's 4 a.m. and I text him, he'll text me back."
    Kidd's path to the WWE began when he was 10, with an invitation to a friend's house. Kidd was Theodore James Wilson (TJ), and his friend and schoolmate, Teddy Hart, was a member of the storied Hart family in Calgary.
    "He wanted me to go to his house," said Wilson, who took on the name Tyson Kidd when he joined the WWE roster. "He told me he lived in a gym and his uncles were Bret Hart and Owen Hart. I thought he had to be kidding.
    "Next, he asked me to go to his grandfather Stu's house for dinner. We went into the 'dungeon' and played games -- different forms of tag, soccer and British Bulldog. Fast forward a few years -- and I would be in that dungeon getting stretched by Stu. I had my face rubbed into the mat and had days where every single bit of me hurt. I then understood why it was called a dungeon."
    He remembers watching Summer Slam in 1992: Davey Boy Smith vs. Bret Hart.
    "When I saw that match, I knew 100% that this is what I wanted to do," said Kidd. "And once that line was crossed, there was no going back."
    He stepped into a WWE ring for the first time at a house show in 1996. Teamed with Andrew Pakarnyk, he faced Teddy Hart and Harry Smith.
    "Even when I think about it now, it's all very clear to me ... it's a million feelings wrapped into one, with a ton of nerves mixed in," said Kidd, who had just turned 16.
    "Shawn Michaels, Vader, Undertaker, Triple H ... they were there. It was the scariest, but best feeling in the world. When I did that match, I knew for sure I'd be in the WWE some day.
    "It's been a bit of a journey -- through Japan and Europe, a bit in the United States and all over Canada. But I had no doubt I would get here."
    Kidd says his in-ring style hasn't changed in 16 years.
    "I don't hold back and think, 'What if I get banged up?'" If you start worrying about injuries, you're going to get hurt.
    "I look at a guy like Shawn Michaels and he was solid in everything -- brawling, high flying and he was a great technical wrestler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I knew I'd seen that James Storm pic somewhere before

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhDPrtq57yYezvcIO_NzEilfZGoz23qAmMX5CjUmuLZQxG6QXP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement