Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,146 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Screw the fist, bring back this:
    1999_WWF_Smackdown_(WWE).jpg

I doubt they'll be bringing back the fist one anyway, though maybe a new version using the same idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

cena wrote: »
    Wwe want to bring back to Old smackdown tron. The one with the fist. Would ye like to see it come back

Any source because I can't see them do away with the HD set just to bring back an old SD one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

pfurlong8 wrote:
    Matt Hardy is booked for Pro Wrestling Syndicate’s show on Friday, March 9th in Rahway, New Jersey. He’s advertised to face Sid Vicious. For more information on the show and obtaining tickets go to http://www.ProWrestlingSyndicate.com.

Who does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Attabear

rovert wrote: »
    Who does the job.

Double disqualification?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Any source because I can't see them do away with the HD set just to bring back an old SD one

http://www.wwe.com/inside/bring-back-smackdown-fist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »

Speaking of Beth shouldnt she have given up the Diva's Title since she hasnt defended it in 30 days or is that rule gone or only applied sometimes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

cena wrote: »

This is the same wwe.com staff who were calling for the return of the hardcore title and 24 rule, the european title, Rock-N-Wrestling connection, Wrestlemania ring carts, the royal rumble tumbler and the womens tag team titles?

I wouldnt think any of those will ever be brought back, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Speaking of Beth shouldnt she have given up the Diva's Title since she hasnt defended it in 30 days or is that rule gone or only applied sometimes?

She defends it pretty regularly at house shows. Most recently January 15th.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_56987.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

CMpunked wrote: »
    This is the same wwe.com staff who were calling for the return of the hardcore title and 24 rule, the european title, Rock-N-Wrestling connection, Wrestlemania ring carts, the royal rumble tumbler and the womens tag team titles?

and the classic look wwe title belt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »

Isn't Joey Styles part of the WWE.com staff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Only applied when it suits. TNA are the same. They stripped Kong and Hamada of the tag titles when Kong left and claimed the 30 day rule when it had only been about 20. Can't even remember the last time WWE used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Charisteas wrote: »

Steph is also overlooking WWE.com now aswell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Charisteas wrote: »

He is, I think he's head of it. That's why he finished announcing afaik.

But I would believe somewhat that he thinks wwe should bring back some of these things, hoping to rally support by diehards like us on twitter and that.
    But the problem is that some regard wwe.com as 100% kayfabe. Using the idea that if it's posted on there it's not true, so there's no reason to think these things are actually going to be brought back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Only applied when it suits. TNA are the same. They stripped Kong and Hamada of the tag titles when Kong left and claimed the 30 day rule when it had only been about 20. Can't even remember the last time WWE used it.

Genuinely the last time I remember was when HHH lost the I.C. Title in 98 due to injury. I'm sure its been done since but I don't remember cause the wwe are never consistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Miz is on sky sports news at half 4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Miz is on sky sports news at half 4

Thanks for warning me.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

PWInsider.com is reporting that Mark Henry is believed to have suffered a hyperextended knee at the Smackdown taping on Tuesday in Tucson. The injury reportedly occurred when Henry was throwing a punch and his knee moved forward before he planted his foot. This forced the crew to call an audible for the finish of Smackdown tonight involving Daniel Bryan and Big Show. Despite this injury and working through a recent groin injury, Henry is expected to wrestle at Sunday's Royal Rumble PPV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

PWInsider.com is reporting that Mark Henry is believed to have suffered a hyperextended knee at the Smackdown taping on Tuesday in Tucson. The injury reportedly occurred when Henry was throwing a punch and his knee moved forward before he planted his foot. This forced the crew to call an audible for the finish of Smackdown tonight involving Daniel Bryan and Big Show. Despite this injury and working through a recent groin injury, Henry is expected to wrestle at Sunday's Royal Rumble PPV.

Yes that looked odd on the show. They pulled off a good audible ending. WWE need to give Henry some time off so he can be at Mania, he really deserves a mania match this year.

Henry is starting to fall apart. Have him get injured at the Rumble so he can take a month or so off before something serious happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

What were they expecting to happen? Should've been given Christmas off to heal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Yes that looked odd on the show. They pulled off a good audible ending. WWE need to give Henry some time off so he can be at Mania, he really deserves a mania match this year.

while I would agree, I hope its not in the world title picture.

From a human/empathy showing point of view, i feel terrible for him. He's put in some great work this year.

HOWEVER

from a cynical/only caring about the show perspective, hopefully he does get badly injured, forcing them to go with Bryan v Orton

D.Q wrote: »
    while I would agree, I hope its not in the world title picture.

From a human/empathy showing point of view, i feel terrible for him. He's put in some great work this year.

HOWEVER

from a cynical/only caring about the show perspective, hopefully he does get badly injured, forcing them to go with Bryan v Orton
    Or he could just not have a title match instead of wishing injury upon him? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Rock vs Cena - Roughly 30 minutes
    Triple H vs The Undertaker - 30 minutes (when you include the Undertaker's super slow entrance)
    Money in the Bank - 30 minutes
    Punk vs Jericho (presumably) - 20 minutes

Throwing in backstage promos and vignettes for those likely matches, whatever Divas thing they've going on and hilarious comedy, I doubt there's time for Orton and Danielson to knock it out of the park.

I pray that Rock vs Cena doesn't go that long. Rock will in all likely hood be carrying a fair amount of ring rust and I don't think Cena is good enough to be able to carry a match for that long.

Wrestle mania is usually closer to four hours too. You've used about half that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I pray that Rock vs Cena doesn't go that long. Rock will in all likely hood be carrying a fair amount of ring rust and I don't think Cena is good enough to be able to carry a match for that long.

Wrestle mania is usually closer to four hours too. You've used about half that time.

Am I the only one that thought that Rock seemed to have no ring rust at Survivor Series?

Granted he wasn't in the match long but he looked like he had never been away.

Cena-Miz wasnt this non-stop frenetic contest it had a lot of rest spots. Yes it sucked but bar year on year has been set low now.
    Garseys wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thought that Rock seemed to have no ring rust at Survivor Series?

Granted he wasn't in the match long but he looked like he had never been away.

Yup and his reflexes where not those of someone of his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Not sure if its been discussed already but Otunga is apparently doing pro-bono lawyering on the side

http://m.tmz.com/sports_head.ftl?id=http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/27/wwe-david-otunga-wrestler-lawyer/

Guess it helps sell his character and keeps him fresh in case hes ever future endeavoured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Rock vs Cena - Roughly 30 minutes
    Triple H vs The Undertaker - 30 minutes (when you include the Undertaker's super slow entrance)
    Money in the Bank - 30 minutes
    Punk vs Jericho (presumably) - 20 minutes

Throwing in backstage promos and vignettes for those likely matches, whatever Divas thing they've going on and hilarious comedy, I doubt there's time for Orton and Danielson to knock it out of the park.

You can ad in Foley vs The Miz - 20 minutes and Big Show vs Shaq - 20 minutes, after all it will be a 4 hour show as usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

You can ad in Foley vs The Miz - 20 minutes and Big Show vs Shaq - 20 minutes, after all it will be a 4 hour show as usual.
    Is it not a 3 hour PPV?

• Advertisement

Is it not a 3 hour PPV?

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement