Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

rovert wrote: »
    :eek:
    sKrIE.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is it not a 3 hour PPV?

Wrestlemania is 4 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Charisteas wrote: »
    Wrestlemania is 4 hours.
    oh Shnitzel I thought he was talking about the rumble.

I was wondering what roverts post was about with the :eek: too

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Mike Tyson to be inducted into the WWE hall of fame

http://www.wwe.com/inside/Mike-Tyson-Hall-of-Fame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

welchy wrote: »
    Mike Tyson to be inducted into the WWE hall of fame

http://www.wwe.com/inside/Mike-Tyson-Hall-of-Fame

You beat me to it. just going to post it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Maybe this means he will have some involvement in mania itself! Who wouldn't like to see Iron Mike knock out he miz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Maybe this means he will have some involvement in mania itself! Who wouldn't like to see Iron Mike knock out he miz!!

I would!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hulk Hogan appeared on last night's episode of American Dad. I thought it was an impressionist at first, but he's listed in the credits. Didnt think that would be his type of show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Hulk Hogan appeared on last night's episode of American Dad. I thought it was an impressionist at first, but he's listed in the credits. Didnt think that would be his type of show.

Please tell me Roger had jokes at his expense, Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,146 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gnfnrhead wrote: »

He's been on Robot Chicken before. Wasn't even playing himself, he was playing Abraham Lincoln with a lightsabre.

But anyway, Hogan Knows Best, Micro Championship Wrestling, Loose Women.... I'd say that any show that pays money is his type of show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Penn wrote: »
    But anyway, Hogan Knows Best, Micro Championship Wrestling, Loose Women.... I'd say that any show that pays money is his type of show

Don't insult Celebrity Championship wrestling though that was a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Please tell me Roger had jokes at his expense, Please.
    Unfortunatly not :(
    Basically he gave a little speech then he and Stan kicked the rich people's asses. Real American was playing during it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Kurt Angle goes head-to-head with Mark Lawrenson in predicting this week's Premiership fixtures -
    BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest pundit each week this season.

His opponent for the latest round of Premier League matches is TNA pro wrestler Kurt Angle.

Angle, the 1996 Olympic champion and a former WWE star, sees Manchester duo City and United as an unstoppable tag team on Tuesday night when they take on Everton and Stoke, and is also predicting an easy submission for Tottenham against struggling Wigan.

Tottenham v Wigan -

Kurt Angle says: "Ummm, this is a bit taxing. But I'm looking at the league table so it's going to be a win for Spurs."
    Lawro's prediction:
    2-0

Wolves v Liverpool -

Kurt Angle says: "When Bully Ray showed the Steven Gerrard top in Manchester the crowd went crazy so I guess he must be a pretty good player. Gerrard will score the winner."
    Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Everton v Man City (2000 GMT) -

Kurt Angle says:
    "We had a great night in Manchester and are back in 2013 so I'm going to have to go for their teams for three-goal victories!"
    Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Man Utd v Stoke (2000 GMT) -

Kurt Angle says:
    "See above!"
    Lawro's prediction: 3-0

Bolton v Arsenal (2000 GMT) -

Kurt Angle says: "I've not heard of that many teams, but TNA's UK office always rave about Arsenal - so they must win. But why are they allowed to play an Ox?"
    Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Sunderland v Norwich (2000 GMT) -

Kurt Angle says:
    "Not two teams I'm familiar with, but Norwich sound cool. I'll go for them."
    Lawro's prediction: 2-1
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16787287.stm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Probably not of much interest to a lot here but things seem to be happening in Japan

New Japan was sold for $5 million in heavily leveraged deal
    http://sgcafe.com/2012/01/bushiroad-acquires-new-japan-pro-wrestling/

Amidst a scary time:
    http://www.fightopinion.com/2012/01/30/japan-2012-turmoil/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

May as way stick this here:

USA Today interviews Zack Ryder over how he used Social Media to get himself noticed by wwe.

Some excerpts:
    Why the web show?

"I realized I wasn't going anywhere in the WWE, and if I was going to go out, I was going to go out swinging. I was saying some risky things about the company and why I wasn't on TV. I thought, this will either get me noticed and back on TV or get me fired. It was a risk I was willing to take. A year later, it saved my career. It's unbelievable."

Internet Champion of the World?
    "It started as a joke. I wasn't on TV, I couldn't compete for a real championship, so I made a toy title belt. Eventually I paid $1,600 for a real leather belt, and now I'm the Internet Champion!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Mick Foley is on Celebrity Wife Swap in the states tonight,hopefully it will surface on Youtube tomorrow at some stage!

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/mick-foley-celebrity-wife-swap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Probably not of much interest to a lot here but things seem to be happening in Japan

New Japan was sold for $5 million in heavily leveraged deal
    http://sgcafe.com/2012/01/bushiroad-acquires-new-japan-pro-wrestling/

Amidst a scary time:
    http://www.fightopinion.com/2012/01/30/japan-2012-turmoil/

I knew NOAH was having a tough year, but ****ing hell.

Seems like Sean & Marty helped themselves to the "Red Bull" backstage:

For those who dont watch NXT or Superstars. As of last week Tyson Kidd is now randomly a babyface. While Heath Slater did the Wrestlemania sign point on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

For those who dont watch NXT or Superstars. As of last week Tyson Kidd is now randomly a babyface. While Heath Slater did the Wrestlemania sign point on NXT.

Poor Heath will be lucky not to be on the future endeavored list post Mania.

How are guys like Johnny Curtis, Darren Young and Titus O'Neill doing these days? Do you see anyone making a move up to the main rosters in the near future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Poor Heath will be lucky not to be on the future endeavored list post Mania.

How are guys like Johnny Curtis, Darren Young and Titus O'Neill doing these days? Do you see anyone making a move up to the main rosters in the near future?

Randomly watched an episode or two of NXT recently and there isnt much hope for any of them.

Johnny Curtis is in some weird love triangle with Derick Bateman and a diva who's name escapes me

Titus did a heel turn. Michael Cole was commentating and said something along the lines of "He has been on the show 40 weeks and he can't cut a promo" about Titus

Cole buried the whole NXT show actually :rolleyes:

I'd have more hope for FCW guys like Seth Rollins and Darren Ambrose making a breakthrough than anyone on NXT

WWE Limbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

deisedude wrote: »
    Randomly watched an episode or two of NXT recently and there isnt much hope for any of them.

Johnny Curtis is in some weird love triangle with Derick Bateman and a diva who's name escapes me

Titus did a heel turn. Michael Cole was commentating and said something along the lines of "He has been on the show 40 weeks and he can't cut a promo" about Titus

Cole buried the whole NXT show actually :rolleyes:

I'd have more hope for FCW guys like Seth Rollins and Darren Ambrose making a breakthrough than anyone on NXT

I just hope Rollins and Ambrose don't get put on Nxt. But i'm not sure if NXT is even going to have another series. So they're proberly lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I just hope Rollins and Ambrose don't get put on Nxt. But i'm not sure if NXT is even going to have another series. So they're proberly lucky.

They most likely wont be on NXT. One of HHH new initiatives calls for WWE Creative to have long term Storylines and Booking for all FCW talent called up to the Main Roster. So hopefully Rollins and Ambroise wont be the next Scotty Goldman.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Seems like Sean & Marty helped themselves to the "Red Bull" backstage:

Damn - XPac is in insane shape. I'd like to see him have one last run in the WWE.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As we noted yesterday here on the website, WWE currently has plans to keep the Natalya farting storyline going.

This week’s WWE SmackDown is scheduled to feature a backstage segment with Natalya and WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix working out. During the segment, Natalya keeps farting while bending down and lifting weights. Santino Marella then walks in the room and proceeds to puke in a trash can.

You can’t make this sh*t up…. pun intended.
    http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/undertaker-wigs-out-on-raw-wrestlemania-theme/

beyond-epic-facepalm-facepalm-stupid-fail-dumb-death-demotivational-poster-1284049056.jpg

dlofnep wrote: »
    Damn - XPac is in insane shape. I'd like to see him have one last run in the WWE.

Seriously this is your reply to this video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

I would imagine X-Pac would pass wellness with flying colours alright. :D

Good interview though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I didn't ask you for your approval of my comments, thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He failed my wellness test by wearing a bandanna

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement