Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know what these gun hoo Americans are like, they don't want their beloved Marine corps besmirched by a filthy deserter like Orton.:p

Tbh, regardless of who plays the role, the movie is going to be horrible and besmirching anyway. At least a former Marine might actually add some credibility to the movie, in between the horrible writing and inexplicable explosions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You know what these gun hoo Americans are like, they don't want their beloved Marine corps besmirched by a filthy deserter like Orton.:p

Agreed. They're fine having Orton do public appearances visiting them though. But we are in an age of 'complain enough and you can accomplish anything' ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Former Women’s Champion Debra “Madusa†Miceli, who worked for WWE as Alundra Blayze, posted a photo of one of her WWE royalty checks on Facebook Monday night. She eventually deleted the post, but here are the details of her royalties from October 1st, 2011 to December 31st 2011…

* The check was for a total of $305,563.46.

* Paid $39,921.21 under a “Direct Video†category. This was for her appearance in WWE’s Top 50 Most Shocking Moments DVD.

* Paid $171,431.78 under the “Video†category. This was for her appearance on the Greatest Superstars of the 90′s DVD.

* Paid $81,014.78 and $9,891.90 more for her appearance in WWE’s Most Shocking DVD.

* Paid $3,303.79 for her appearance on the WrestleMania Box Set.

557441_396870316999242_214180768601532_1511867_1283813116_n.jpg

Dumb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I gotta get my ass on some DVDs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wonder will emotionless man in a orange hat & fat Jericho lookalike get royalty cheques from Mania they added more to the show than most the matches :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

GTR63 wrote: »
    I wonder will emotionless man in a orange hat & fat Jericho lookalike get royalty cheques from Mania they added more to the show than most the matches :-D

any pics of these??

That cheque may be an April fool

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

rovert wrote: »
    That cheque may be an April fool

May?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    May?

June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    June

July.

What's happening here? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

I really am missing something here. Would it have been that big a deal? I don't think I'd have cared or even realised about his background unless someone else had brought it up....

I agree. Not like anyone would have watched the film anyway :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

John Laurinaitis wrote on Twitter that Friday Night SmackDown will be “new and improved” now that he has full control of the show.

– As noted before, Zack Ryder wrote on Twitter that he was looking for a new WWE Diva to be by his side. WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix responded: “@ZackRyder you need a Diva that will join in for some gym, tanning and watch your backski when the chips are down #justsaying”

The speculation is that Layla, who has been cleared to return, will end up siding with Ryder for a feud with Eve Torres.
    http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/layla-wwe-return-storyline-plans-big-sd-changes/
    WWE has pointed out that "Tensai" means disaster in a new article looking at Lord Tensai's debut last night on RAW from Miami.

Speculation is that Lord Tensai will be feuding with WWE Champion CM Punk after John Laurinaitis told Punk that "natural disasters" were headed his way. Laurinaitis made the comment on RAW last night after promising more competition for the WWE Champion.

When news broke last month of Tensai coming to WWE, first reports were that he would be a "henchmen" for Laurinaitis.

http://nodq.com/wwe/335487938.shtml
    Readers have sent word that advertisements in Chicago are promoting the following matches for the Extreme Rules Pay Per View event.

* WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena
    * Kane vs. Randy Orton

Extreme Rules will be airing on March 29th, 2012.
    http://nodq.com/wwe/335501705.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Extreme Rules will be airing on March 29th, 2012.

Timewarp much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

That royalty cheque is stupidly fake, could of done with moving a few decimal places to make it semi-realistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

ceegee wrote: »
    That royalty cheque is stupidly fake, could of done with moving a few decimal places to make it semi-realistic
    Would imagine the same tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Bret Hart ‏ @BretHart

Very glad the fans were vocal in their displeasure of one of the best wrestlers on the roster being jobbed out in 18 seconds.
    Steve Austin ‏ @steveaustinBSR

Thats a good thing! YES!RT @DarrenLloyd81: @steveaustinBSR. Watched raw. All yes yes yes and no what? what? what?

Also,
    THE DANIEL BRYAN LOVE CONTINUES

George Rodenbaugh sent word that Daniel Bryan's "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chant just broke out out at the Miami Heat game.

Source: PW Insider

If true, that is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

'Yes' is definitely the new 'What'.

WWE Hall Of Famer Chief Jay Strongbow Passes Away

We don't have much in the way of details yet but WWE Hall of Famer Chief Jay Strongbow (real name Joe Scarpa) passed away earlier today. Our deepest condolences to Scarpa's friends and family.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67340/wwe-hall-of-famer-chief-jay-strongbow-passes-away.html?p=1

TMZ:

Former "Surreal Life" star Maven Huffman -- a former WWE superstar -- was arrested in Florida on Monday after cops say he was "doctor shopping" to get his fix of painkillers.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... cops uncovered Huffman had gone to 3 doctors in 2 weeks and scored multiple prescriptions for Oxycodone and Hydrocodone.

35-year-old Huffman allegedly went to multiple pharmacies to fill his prescriptions -- in what appears to be a ploy to conceal his activity. In total, cops believe Maven scored more than 1000 pills.

FYI -- in Florida, it's a crime to go from doctor to doctor to obtain multiple prescriptions for a controlled substance without telling the doctors about it.

Maven -- who was released on $2,000 bond -- faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted of doctor shopping.

Clearly the Doctor Shopping laws are Tough Enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

TMZ:

Former "Surreal Life" star Maven Huffman -- a former WWE superstar -- was arrested in Florida on Monday after cops say he was "doctor shopping" to get his fix of painkillers.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... cops uncovered Huffman had gone to 3 doctors in 2 weeks and scored multiple prescriptions for Oxycodone and Hydrocodone.

35-year-old Huffman allegedly went to multiple pharmacies to fill his prescriptions -- in what appears to be a ploy to conceal his activity. In total, cops believe Maven scored more than 1000 pills.

FYI -- in Florida, it's a crime to go from doctor to doctor to obtain multiple prescriptions for a controlled substance without telling the doctors about it.

Maven -- who was released on $2,000 bond -- faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted of doctor shopping.

Was only watching the 02 Rumble the other day,the one where Maven eliminated Taker,and was wondering what ever happenned to him.Looked to have a tonne of potential back then.

Sad to hear.

WWE Tag Team Champion Epico via Twitter.

Can you believe this @LaRosaMendes ? Every single WWE title was on The Wrestlemania PPV. But the WWE tag champs get the Pre-show

I thought this was WRESTLEmania.... Not CONCERTmania... Who did Flo-rida and that MGK beat??? I guess they beat the tag champs

Not only the tag champs get left out of wrestlemania... We weren't even on Raw and it looks like we won't be on smackdown either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

They wont be Tag Champs for much longer after those outbursts I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They wont be Tag Champs for much longer after those outbursts I'd imagine.

I read earlier the comments were part of a storyline.
    _____

He was more than happy on April 2nd:
    There it is! I walked in to #wrestlemania as tag team champion and I leave as tag team champion!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/WWEEpico/status/186625195782574080/photo/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow at the Maven thing; I was only going to post in the "Questions" topic asking what he was up to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Charisteas wrote: »
    'Yes' is definitely the new 'What'.

Haven't watched wrestling in about 10 years but I was suckered into watching wrestlemania this year and I have to say it was great craic. My friend's were telling me about Daniel Bryan and this "yes" business and I have to ask, did he just totally rip the idea from oddball MMA fighter Diego Sanchez? For those who don't know, Sanchez is a slightly eccentric character who has tremendous stamina and heart, and believes strongly in the power of positive thinking, as seen in this ridiculous clip here....

is daniel bryan an annoyingly positive kind of guy who fans have warmed to despite/because of his annoyingness (in kinda the same way that kurt angle slowly became a loveable dork following a long heel run when he was first in wwe)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fall_Guy there is a video back a few pages back of a interview with Bryan last week & he confirmed your suspicions that he got it from Diego "The Dream" Sanchez, think thats what he calls himself now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

GTR63 wrote: »
    Fall_Guy there is a video back a few pages back of a interview with Bryan last week & he confirmed your suspicions that he got it from Diego "The Dream" Sanchez, think thats what he calls himself now.

Thanks mate, had a listen to the interview there. He seems like an absolute gent, wish he hadn't gotten jobbed out in such abrupt fashion at wrestlemania now!

Her new theme that appeared on NXT

Dont play it if you dont want something stuck in your head all Easter

• Advertisement

Jaysus H. Christ was that Kaitlyn singing at the WWE Easter karaoke night?

Don't worry, there's no danger of that being stuck in my head!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement